PDA

View Full Version : DR

Jimbob
2008-04-21, 10:03 AM
Ok people I am looking for a build that has a high DR from low levels.
Ive had a look about as there is not much out there so I need a bit of help.
I have all the normal books plus all the complete books.
Oh and if you can, nothing with a huge LA if any.

Cheers all

MorkaisChosen
2008-04-21, 10:17 AM
Warforged, Adamantine Body, then take Improved DR three times. That's DR2 at 1st level (more if you can get some extra feats- Imp DR might be a Fighter Bonus), getting up to 5.

That's reasonablish...

Starbuck_II
2008-04-21, 10:52 AM
Ok people I am looking for a build that has a high DR from low levels.
Ive had a look about as there is not much out there so I need a bit of help.
I have all the normal books plus all the complete books.
Oh and if you can, nothing with a huge LA if any.

Cheers all

Warlock gets DR1/Cold Iron at low level; it increases he levels. There is a feat in CWar that increases DR.
Alternatively, dip into Green Star Adapt: DR 1/Adamantine per level.

Lochar
2008-04-21, 11:18 AM
Human Warlock 3 with 3 Fey Heritage feats including Fey Skin gets DR 4/Cold Iron.

Smiley_
2008-04-21, 12:27 PM
Improved resiliency is the feat in CWar, though, if you manage to get the dragon type somehow, there is that feat that increases your DR/- by 3 before epic levels.

MorkaisChosen
2008-04-21, 12:32 PM
Just checked the Warforged Improved DR feat. It's not a fighter bonus, but I didn't see a limit on how many times it can be taken if you have Adamantine Body.

DR2+1 per Improved DR taken could give you +1 per three levels (if you want to be a bit rubbish at everything else...), so +3 at 3rd, +4 at 6th, eventually +8 at 20th.

Warforged Juggernaut might help.

sonofzeal
2008-04-21, 12:40 PM
Dwarven "Generic Warrior" 2 with 2 flaws.
Feats: Toughness, Roll With It x4
DR 8/-

At lvl 10 that'll be DR 22/-

Do I get a prize? :smallbiggrin:

Person_Man
2008-04-21, 01:53 PM
Mineral Warrior (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20031003e) template

Also, DR is notoriusly hard to optimize, because most sources of DR don't stack. I suggest that you just have high hit points, AC, and easy access to healing instead.

sikyon
2008-04-21, 02:05 PM
Mineral Warrior (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20031003e) template

Indeed. 8/adamantine is pretty good at second level.

Paul H
2008-04-21, 02:12 PM
Hi

Don't know about 'Mineral Warrior' template, but just check out the Iron Ward crystals from Magic Item Compendium.

Cheers
Paul H

Kizara
2008-04-21, 03:39 PM
Its not low levels, but I've found the most straightforward and accessable way to get good DR is Righteous Might. With Karma Bead abuse, you are looking at DR 10 or 15/evil or good (depending on type of cleric) at mid levels. I find it extremely useful when not fighting outsiders of that alignment.

Jimbob
2008-04-22, 02:08 AM
Dwarven "Generic Warrior" 2 with 2 flaws.
Feats: Toughness, Roll With It x4
DR 8/-

At lvl 10 that'll be DR 22/-

Do I get a prize? :smallbiggrin:

Sonofzeal, you do indeed you get a big gold star for that, but by generic warrior do you mean fighter? or have I missed soem thing, and I dont have access to any books at the mo so what is "roll with it" can you just go into a bit mroe detail about it please as I love the sound of DR 22/- at 10th :smallsmile:

Edit:

I have just found "roll with it" and it looks great but is this feat stackable??

Nebo_
2008-04-22, 02:25 AM
Its not low levels, but I've found the most straightforward and accessable way to get good DR is Righteous Might. With Karma Bead abuse, you are looking at DR 10 or 15/evil or good (depending on type of cleric) at mid levels. I find it extremely useful when not fighting outsiders of that alignment.

Errata WHITE TEXT!!

This spell causes you to grow, doubling your height and multiplying your weight by 8. This increase changes your size category to the next larger one, and you gain a +4 size bonus to Strength and a +2 size bonus to Constitution. You gain a +2 enhancement bonus to your natural armor. You gain damage reduction 3/evil (if you normally channel positive energy) or damage reduction 3/good (if you normally channel negative energy). At 12th level this damage reduction becomes 6/evil or 6/good, and at 15th level it becomes 9/evil or 9/good (the maximum). Your size modifier for AC and attacks changes as appropriate to your new size category. This spell doesn’t change your speed. Determine space and reach as appropriate to your new size.

Heliomance
2008-04-22, 02:32 AM
Sonofzeal, you do indeed you get a bit gold star for that, but by generic warrior do you mean fighter? or have I missed soem thing, and I dont have access to any books at the mo so what is "roll with it" can you just go into a bit mroe detail about it please as I love the sound of DR 22/- at 10th :smallsmile:

Edit:

I have just found "roll with it" and it looks great but is this feat stackable??

No, he means the generic warrior class from Unearthed Arcana.