PDA

View Full Version : eBay sketchiness

valadil
2008-04-21, 01:22 PM
So I just picked up a 60gb PS3 on a eBay. When I went to pay via PayPal, I was brought to kyozou.com. Apparently kyozou.com is some sort of marketplace interface to PayPal. I've never heard of kyozou.com before and have no intention of giving it any password of mine. Has anyone here used them before?

Has anyone here been scammed on eBay before?

†Seer†
2008-04-21, 01:32 PM
I've never heard of it. I'd suggest contacting the seller and letting him know you'll only use PayPal (or whatever you use for your transactions), mayhaps do some research on Kyozou before you send the money too to see if it's legit.

Good luck mate!

valadil
2008-04-21, 01:59 PM
I poked around quite a bit and found no evidence that they were linking me to anything other than paypal itself. I basically clicked through their checkout as far as I could without entering a password. It eventually dropped me off at PayPal. The SSL certs checked out and whatever site I was dropped off at was running all the same scripts as PayPal, so I went for it. Then I changed my PayPal password, just in case.

I'm not positive I'll be receiving anything from the seller, but I am sure at this point that the order went through my actual paypal account, that the account itself is safe, and that if I was scammed paypal's insurance should take care of me. Oh and I'll probably have some poor feedback for the seller who made me jump through hoops and get all freaked out.