PDA

View Full Version : Locate creature question

TheElfLord
2008-04-21, 08:01 PM
Alright, so the spell Locate creature says it it blocked by running water. One of my players asked if the ocean counted as running water. I thought that was a very good question, so I'm looking for your input forum goes. For the purposes of the spell, would the ocean be running water?

senrath
2008-04-21, 08:09 PM
Yes. It is lots and lots of running water.

Starsinger
2008-04-21, 08:18 PM
The problem with locate creature is definately indoor plumbing, since that's totally running water... but on topic, yes. The Ocean is running water.

Collin152
2008-04-21, 08:20 PM
Runningest water this side of the 'souri.

JaxGaret
2008-04-21, 08:32 PM
Ocean currents certainly qualify as running water.

The rest of the ocean is better described as rolling or tumbling water.

Chronos
2008-04-21, 08:47 PM
When "running water" has any sort of significance in mythology, what's generally meant is a non-stagnant, natural body of water. So the ocean would qualify, and the Sea of Galilee would qualify, but the Dead Sea would not, nor would a municipal reservoir, nor would that low spot in Farmer Bob's fields that floods every time it rains.

Collin152
2008-04-21, 08:50 PM
When "running water" has any sort of significance in mythology, what's generally meant is a non-stagnant, natural body of water. So the ocean would qualify, and the Sea of Galilee would qualify, but the Dead Sea would not, nor would a municipal reservoir, nor would that low spot in Farmer Bob's fields that floods every time it rains.

I keep tellin' Bob to build up a ledge and make 'imself a well of it, but that old coot can't see a chance at free water when it stare him straight in the shoulder!