PDA

View Full Version : A theory about Durkon

Stormpax
2008-04-21, 09:12 PM
While at one of my friends house, he told me of this idea that he had about Durkon. That after Roy is resurrected and they go in search of the other gates, that they pass through Durkons home lands. Xykon, of course, is on there tail and chasing them and he decides to destroy the dwarven lands. I thought it was an interesting and possible idea.
Any thought?

BTW My friend has read through the comic and is up to date.

Lerky
2008-04-21, 09:53 PM
WOW! That's a great theory! you really know what your talking about. Keep those ideas coming (even if this one was your friends, but I put my friends' theroies on the Fourm to. He also forgot he was the one that came up with them:smallbiggrin: )

Nevrmore
2008-04-21, 09:57 PM
For my own sake, I'm pretending that Lerky's post is scathingly sarcastic.

Stormpax
2008-04-21, 10:04 PM
For my own sake, I'm pretending that Lerky's post is scathingly sarcastic.

So do you think it's a good theory or wat?

Mauve Shirt
2008-04-21, 10:08 PM
It's a theory that's been voiced about 6 billion times. Like most theories.

Nevrmore
2008-04-21, 10:17 PM
So do you think it's a good theory or wat?
I'll leave you to read my post, form an opinion, and post what you think my stance on your theory is ever so eloquently.

Stormpax
2008-04-21, 10:23 PM
I'll leave you to read my post, form an opinion, and post what you think my stance on your theory is ever so eloquently.

So do you have a counter idea or do you just disagree?

Jayngfet
2008-04-21, 11:12 PM
this theory is valid

...but overdone to the point where its lost all credibility.

FujinAkari
2008-04-21, 11:43 PM
Yeah... no offense man...

but we -know- that Durkon will bring destruction to his homeland, should he ever return... and your theory is "Oh, I bet Durkon will return to his homeland, and it'll be destroyed!"...

Uh... duh?

Thats not really a theory, there aren't any risks in what you have stipulated... except that you think Xykon will be the one to destroy Durkon's homeland... but even that... who -else- has a nation-crushing army?

Its not really a theory but is instead a connection of obvious facts that have been connected almost as often as "Hey, maybe Elan's dad is Lord Tyrandor!"

Vrek
2008-04-22, 12:15 AM
That doesn't work to a very good extent. Durkon is only destined to return home posthumously, or after he dies. Thus, he wouldn't be passing through when the dwarven homelands are destroyed.

Heck, I find it likely that a vermin will be on his corpse and spread disease into the dwarven lands after he returns there, posthumously.

Ghastly Epigram
2008-04-22, 12:43 AM
Hey guys, guess what! Not everyone has read OotPCs! How barmy is that!