PDA

View Full Version : sleep problems

wojonatior
2008-04-22, 02:35 PM
he i was wondering what kind of sleep problems people have.(like snoring, talking, etc.)

me myself i sleep like a log(fell onto my hardwood floor and woke up there in the morning),talk in my sleep(my brother said he had a conversation with me while i was sleeping),and i kick a lot while sleeping.

Da King
2008-04-22, 02:43 PM
Insomnia. Woo.

Mc. Lovin'
I talk when I sleep apparently :smalltongue:

Cobra_Ikari
Hmm. I like snuggling things in my sleep, and I move a lot while going to sleep, but not once I actually get there...

I also talk when semi-conscious. I have conversations with people all the time while they try to wake me up, but I have no memory of any of this.

Zakama
2008-04-22, 02:47 PM
I recently had semisomnia (http://www.wordspy.com/words/semisomnia.asp) from a cruddy sleep cycle. I would be exhausted at around 10:30 (22:30) and wake up at 5:00, only to not be able to fall asleep again. I would then take a nap during the day and be tired again at 10:30. I'm over all that now though. :smallbiggrin:

Mauve Shirt
2008-04-22, 02:56 PM
I don't talk, but sometimes I'll fall out of bed.
OMG hilarious sleep walking story from my suitemate.

It's the middle of the night, and Erin hears someone coming out of our bathroom. She assumes it's her roommate's boyfriend, since he's here almost every night. But then this guy climbs into her bunk, kisses her on the shoulder and says "Hey babe."
She almost screamed. Instead she said "Who the **** are you?" And he responded "Who the **** are YOU?"
Turns out the guy is the boyfriend of the girl across the hall. He'd sleepwalked into her room, and then into our bathroom somehow! Creepy! He was looking for a different Erin.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-04-22, 03:09 PM
Insomnia, or something.
Though I donīt have problems with it, since Iīm a night-person, though RL badly enough does...:smallfrown:

Describing :
I roll a bit.
Donīt talk.
Donīt snore.
Frequently wake up for different amounts of time in the middle of the night.
Donīt sleep walk.

I however, DO sleep-eat cookies, I think, I guess, since sometimes my secret cookie case sometimes has less cookies in it then the night before....

lothofkalroth
2008-04-22, 03:15 PM
Sort of a self induced insomnia. I can go to sleep easy enough once i'm in bed, but i never WANT to sleep. It's probably horrible for me, and i always end up tired, but i just keep finding things to do instead of sleep.

Oh! and my friend has horrible night terrors! There was one time back in my freshman year of high school, when i was sleeping over his house. I was just about to drift off, when he gets up from his bed, calmly walks over to the doorway, and then proceeds to jump up and down, screaming at the top of his lungs. He then stopped and walked quietly back to his bed, remaining unconscious the entire time.

Don Julio Anejo
2008-04-22, 03:23 PM
I don't dream. Don't know if that's a problem though... I rather like it this way - when I do dream I wake up all sweaty.

WalkingTarget
2008-04-22, 03:27 PM
I don't dream. Don't know if that's a problem though... I rather like it this way - when I do dream I wake up all sweaty.

I'm similar. I know that I do dream, and I have definite memories of having had a dream upon waking, but I've probably actually remembered the substance of maybe half a dozen dreams in the last 20 years.

thubby
2008-04-22, 05:27 PM
i have 2 sleep issues. minor insomnia, and my sister. i usually end up going to bed at 4-5AM, but my sister talks and walks in her sleep. she'll carry on conversations. one night she even came into my room all zombie like and was babbling incoherently. when you're 1/2 asleep, :smalleek:

Nychta
2008-04-22, 05:37 PM
I don't know if it's insomnia, but I can't sleep for ages. Luckily, I can do pretty well on about 6 hours of sleep. I'm like my dad, sometimes I'll get up at about 3am to get a snack and he'll be watching TV or reading or something.
Also, my dreams are really weird. I try not to have them.

Player_Zero
2008-04-22, 05:49 PM
I just woke up at midnight (ish) , does that count?

adanedhel9
2008-04-22, 06:28 PM
Well, I tend to be a really light sleeper. And I tend to wake up at close to the same time every day, regardless of when I went to bed (I've collapsed into bed at 6 am only to hop out two hours later).

A couple times in high school I woke up in the middle of the night in a sort of dream state. I would be quite conscious; I vividly remember walking around, interacting with real objects. But at the same time everything just felt wrong.

The first time it happened, I felt like I had to control everything around me: every breath, heartbeat, sound, fiber in the carpet, ruffle in the sheets, it all had to be perfect. And I paniced because I couldn't control it all and felt that something disasterous would happen if I let it run wild.

The second time it happened, I felt like I wasn't me. I went to the bathroom, looked in the mirror, and saw somebody else.

Both times I left evidence that I was actually up and about, and both times the weirdness went away after around 15 minutes. But I've never been more terrified than those two incidents.

Myshlaevsky
2008-04-22, 06:29 PM
I often suffer from insomnia. Usually there'll be at least one or two nights a week where I can't sleep at all and I probably only average 3/4 hours when I do drop off.

EDIT: I experienced something similar to the above once. I woke up one during the night and it felt like my sense of touch was amplified. Things like smooth wood or folds in the quilt would be physically painful to touch. I had to go run my hands under water for about half an hour (it was the only thing I could touch) before the feeling went away. I was maybe 13 or 14 when this happened.

Player_Zero
2008-04-22, 06:32 PM
Speaking of sleep-weirdness, ever slept with your eyes open? Like Gandalf. When I do it it gives me nightmares. :smalltongue:

sheepofoblivion
2008-04-22, 06:39 PM
I've sneezed with my eyes open...

I don't know if it's insonmia (or however you spell it) but I'm always tired. Always. I swim a ton, but I get good sleep hours. (maybe 9ish-7 on weekdays) Still I find myself sooo tired. I have to force myself to do everything I'm so tired. I've tried getting extra rest and stuff but nothing works. (I also sleep deeply, so I have no idea what's going on...)

Vuzzmop
2008-04-22, 06:41 PM
Me? I used o have crazy ass night-terrors. Not nightmares, actuall, running, jumping, screaming night-terrors. I'm told I once got out of bed, went to the kitchen, pourwed a bottle of milk onto the floor then started screaming. Weird, because nothing like that happens in the dreams (or dreamish/trance things) that I had when I used to have these things.

Now I sleep quite normally, i think I'm afraid I might be going sane.:smalltongue:. however, I never get more than six and a half hours. i've never been a good sleeper.

Darius Midnite
2008-04-22, 06:44 PM
So yea, I talk in my sleep. My friends are all convinced that I talk in some satanic tongue while I'm in deep slumber. One reason to that is that I mentioned the horned lord in one of my late night ramblings, but mostly because it makes no sense and has a evil sounds to it. Disturbing. :smallconfused:

Recaiden
2008-04-22, 06:46 PM
i have 2 sleep issues. minor insomnia, and my sister. i usually end up going to bed at 4-5AM, but my sister talks and walks in her sleep. she'll carry on conversations. one night she even came into my room all zombie like and was babbling incoherently. when you're 1/2 asleep, :smalleek:

I have the same problem with my sister:smallannoyed:. Also, sometimes i talk in my sleep, and if I try to read something in a dream, I can't, realize that this has all been a dream, and wake up. It's really annoying.

Phoe
2008-04-22, 06:49 PM
As I'm working in shifts (morning-, afternoon-, nightshifts) I have somehow no day/night rythme. So sometimes I'm not able to stop the mindspinning and can't sleep. Also I don't sleep long, 1,5-6 hours... depends.

sheepofoblivion
2008-04-22, 06:50 PM
also my friends say that I talk in my sleep... (that was only on one occassion, and the next sentance was something like... "oh, and there was a blood-vomiting-flesh-eating-rage-virus-infected-zombie-thing outside trying to open up the window..." (yup, we were watching 28 weeks later... which I strangely haven't had any dreams about...) so I'm not entirely sure they can be trusted....)

sometimes I'm in a dream and not at the same time. I'm aware of what's happening in dreamworld and real life... sometimes only barely, so I did have a conversation with an old friend once... by brother hit me, and I rolled out of the way in time and kicked him for being in my room and for trying to hit me...

sktarq
2008-04-22, 06:51 PM
Not exactly a "sleep" problem, though I get very little sleep and have a habit of waking up at 6:20am come rain, shine, alarm or none. Anywoo the "problem" is actually me reacting to other people getting near me in my sleep. If I go to bed with someone it isn't a problem. But a few times, especially when they have been trying to "surprize" me I wake up violently and agressivly.
This was the first time I really realized how complicated this reaction can be and was the first time I scared myself with it:
Freshman in high School and going to boarding school for about 2.5 months. Had turned 13 no more than a month prior. I hadn't got used to closing my door all the way closed (it was prone to stick) and my dorm prefect and one from another dorm thought it would be funny. To "spook" me awake or some such. When they got to just about to hover over my bed I reacted. I stored the broom (it was concrete florred) in two parts (the broom head and the four ft metal pole) next to my head behind/under my dresser. Well I apparently reached up grabed the pole and sat up-kept the motion going by swinging my arm towards them keeping the pole touching my shoulder so far. Then my eyes open. My wrist snaps over and is now swinging the pole using the combined momentum of most of my upper body. The pole stops a couple inches from my prefect's skull and I have a very confused look on my face. My memories are just of Motion-Arm tension-Eyes open-Arm Impulse-Kill!-"Why am I about to brain Kevin?"-Stop the pole's motion-WTF!?.
I have in the years since, clawed, karate chopped, thrown stuff at, and hit people trying to mess with me whilst asleep. Thankfully no girlfriends-though one who WANTED to become a girlfriend, which was embarassing.
People know to wake me up by tugging on my toes now.

Danzaver
2008-04-22, 07:02 PM
Ok, where to start. I have:

- Insomnia (like right now)
- Talked in my sleep, no idea what about.
- Walked in my sleep
- Run full pelt into walls in my sleep
- Run baths in my sleep
- Bitten people sleeping next to me in my sleep
- Climbed ladders in my sleep
- Re-arranged objects around the house in my sleep
- Growled like a dog in my sleep
- Once sat up in bed, yelled at my brother "Kim, you moron!" and lay back down
- Several times woken up snarling and swinging fists

I used to have recurring dreams every time I got sick when I was a kid about really weird stuff, and all sounds and sensations would be somehow different before and after these dreams. I still sometimes have minor hallucinogenic experiences along the lines of the sensory changes, and no my parents were not feeding me LSD. Apparently my Dad has similar experiences to this day.

Oh yeah, and every time I overheat in my sleep I have very violent and angry dreams about high school.

..and the sound of people breathing used to really bother me, and I could not get to sleep. As it is, it takes me sometimes an hour to get to sleep, sometimes more. I don't understand people who can drop off as easy as tip your hat.

skywalker
2008-04-22, 07:19 PM
ometimes I'm in a dream and not at the same time. I'm aware of what's happening in dreamworld and real life... sometimes only barely, so I did have a conversation with an old friend once... by brother hit me, and I rolled out of the way in time and kicked him for being in my room and for trying to hit me...

Happens to me a lot too.

I think mauve shirt's story is hilarious.

I snore and talk in my sleep, and I move around like crazy. I need a king-size bed so that I don't thrash out onto the floor.

sheepofoblivion
2008-04-22, 07:19 PM
One time, I went downstairs on the exact path to go to the bathroom, didn't miss a single step... until I turned left instead of right at a little fork in the ... halls... (turning on the lights as I went) the rooms were pretty much symettrical, so I ended up almost using the bathroom (this was when I was like 5...) on the guest bedside table, until my mom wondered why the lights were on and came to put me to bed... This was all when I was totally asleep... I don't remember a tiny detail about it...

sometimes I have dreams about what will happen in the future... / I have memories of the future... it's sorta creepy.... (not too far though... just really lame, incredibly unimportant events...)

Jae
2008-04-22, 07:43 PM
haha my kind of thread? Im thinking yes.
I've got most of the what I like to call "normal issues" haha

I don't snore, I don't think, but I:
-Kick
-Roll...A LOT
-Talk (my dad used to say he could have a conversation with me when I was sleeping and he got home late to say night hahah)
Just in general, all those odd quirky things.

My more serious issues:
1. Nightmares. They scarcely bother me anymore, but I get them almost every night and have since I was about 8 or 9. Actually, one week I didnt get ANY and I felt totally off. So it's more a routine than a problem. Besides, you remember nightmares clearer. It's easy to interpret later.

2. I dont know how to actually word this...nail-digging..? Basically, I will be so tense while sleeping that I will either grab my own arm VERY hard or make a fist. Of course when Im sleeping Im not paying attention to other things so I end up digging my nails rather deeply into like my arm or my hand or something. I havent done it recently, though.

3. BEING TENSE IN GENERAL is a bigggg problem. I'll, usually, be sore when I wake up from just being tense. This makes me a lot more tired than I would be otherwise...so, I wake up more exhausted than when I went to bed. lol I call this "negative sleep."

4. TEETH GRINDING. This is the worst one. SERIOUSLY. I mean, of course your jaw is sore and stuff, thats a given. more important, though, your screwing up your teeth and crap. MORE MORE importantly, it's not always your other teeth your grinding :smallconfused: Once, my cheek apparently got in the middle of my top and bottom teeth soo of course I ended up chewing it, basically. This went on for a few days, some of the worst pain ive ever been in..made me sick to my stomache. but yeah you could literally see white tissue where i had chewed it up. its scarred now and I can still feel the bumps where it was all messed up :smallmad:

all that I can think of right now, but I know have more. so ehhh.
any similar problems?

Noir-Neko
2008-04-22, 09:20 PM
I have difficulty sleeping well when it rains, it brings back bad memories.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-04-22, 09:22 PM
I have difficulty sleeping well when it rains, it brings back bad memories.

*hugs and chases the rainclouds away*

thubby
2008-04-22, 09:26 PM
Speaking of sleep-weirdness, ever slept with your eyes open? Like Gandalf. When I do it it gives me nightmares. :smalltongue:

yes, i couldn't see straight for 2 hours.

Noir-Neko
2008-04-22, 09:39 PM
^_^ I appreciate the gesture Cobra.

SoD
2008-04-23, 12:24 AM
No matter how much sleep I get, I'm always tired the next morning. I sometimes have extreme trouble getting to sleep, sometimes not. I tend to wake several times during the night as well.

Fortunatly, these don't usually disturb other people.

Phoe
2008-04-23, 12:28 AM
No matter how much sleep I get, I'm always tired the next morning.

Hmmm, are you snorring maybe? My father had that but has a machine for over 10 years to help him through the night. He has sometimes breathing-stops for 1,5minute. He always felt tired after waking up of those nights. Sometimes he had an unhealthy skin colour too... (blue-ish sometimes grey)

Aereshaa_the_2nd
2008-04-23, 12:30 AM
Sometimes I don't sleep. Like, for DAYS. I also have powers over sleep, for example I can control my dreams, and in the same way, my 2-days awake hallucinations. I sometimes dream about the next day, usually bizarrely accurately. I never feel tired, ever, so I usually go to sleep whenever I feel like it.
However, I don't sleepwalk or talk or kick in my sleep, I usually lie still, with an expression that makes some people think I'm meditating. I always know when I'm in a dream, and I can switch between realities at will.

I realize most of that sounds really weird, and possibly harmful. Meh.

Noir-Neko
2008-04-23, 12:36 AM
They're called lucid dreams Aereshaa. They aren't very uncommon and according to some, lucid dreams can be more common in insomniacs because they often sleep in, what was it 5th stage... more often, it's a very deep form of sleep, and you are near comatose.

Ceska
2008-04-23, 12:36 AM
all that I can think of right now, but I know have more. so ehhh.
any similar problems?
I have exactly that. Plus insomnia.

But both changed quite a bit since I'm on anti-depressants. I have two kinds, one in the evening, that makes sure I'm unable to do anything but sleep at night, and one that makes me widely awake very soon after waking up. That helps a lot and made my rhythm more like the rhythm everyday life needs from me. It still doesn't work when I have a test, like today (guilt complex for too little learning, and sickness) and doesn't change a thing about my morning migraine and sickness, but it made me able to function normally.
That said, my earlier problems were these:

Unable to go to sleep at a normal hour. I was tired around 20:00, then got widely awake after this one phase.
Constantly worry or feel guilty.
Extremely vivid nightmares. I still have them, even when awake, but they're better. I usually had two kind of nightmares. One where I watch scenes of rape and war, and one where I'm the one getting stabbed or worse. I usually still feel the blade in my body after waking up.
General tenderness as Jae described. Made my teeth get really bad this year, a lot of visits to the dentist were needed.

Tiredness made me fall into bed at 15:00 to 19:00 and then sleep for two hours like dead, because those were the only hours that I got real sleep that wasn't so light I woke up all 30 minutes or earlier. I also had few dreams, and those I had were nightmares and got me up very fast.
I still have recurring dreams or "visions" when I blank out being awake of stabbing myself, being stabbed or standing in front of a mirror and a dirty sink in a public bathroom and cutting my face, then breaking the mirror.
Oh, and I constantly scratch myself when sleeping. I usually have pretty deep bruises from it, but nothing major.

SoD
2008-04-23, 12:37 AM
Hmmm, are you snorring maybe? My father had that but has a machine for over 10 years to help him through the night. He has sometimes breathing-stops for 1,5minute. He always felt tired after waking up of those nights. Sometimes he had an unhealthy skin colour too... (blue-ish sometimes grey)

Nope, not a snorer. At least, nobodies ever told me I snore, and I've slept in the same room as others (friends and family) quite often. My skins fine as well, quite healthy (slightly tanned).

thubby
2008-04-23, 01:48 AM
Sometimes I don't sleep. Like, for DAYS. I also have powers over sleep, for example I can control my dreams, and in the same way, my 2-days awake hallucinations. I sometimes dream about the next day, usually bizarrely accurately. I never feel tired, ever, so I usually go to sleep whenever I feel like it.
However, I don't sleepwalk or talk or kick in my sleep, I usually lie still, with an expression that makes some people think I'm meditating. I always know when I'm in a dream, and I can switch between realities at will.

I realize most of that sounds really weird, and possibly harmful. Meh.

depending on who you want to go by, those "dreams" could in fact be today, while you think you are dreaming about tomorrow, your tired mind loses its sense of time and events happening now and those past get jumbled, resulting in you thinking it's the future.
i share your lack of feeling tired too (well, sort of). i imagine its different for you but whenever i am tired, i seem to have a sort of disconnect between my brain and my body. like i was up for 2 days last week, i cut myself while cooking (a scratch really) and didn't notice until my dog took an interest in my hand. so i know when i'm tired, i'm just never compelled to sleep.

Bag_of_Holding
2008-04-23, 01:59 AM
OK, it happened a few years back when I heard voices in my dreams loud enough to wake me up. It happened with an alarming regularity, too (at least once per week). I didn't know what was happening and I got really scared so I asked my good mother (it was when I was still living at home) to 'watch over' me while I was asleep.

Well, next morning I woke up to find out that I talked in my sleep! Thankfully, ever since I found out that I sleep-talked, the *voices* stopped, too. It was actually my own voice that I heard in my sleep! I know it nearly freaked me out then but I got over it.

Oh, I still sleep-talk, but it's more unintelligible now, I think.

Agamid
2008-04-23, 02:12 AM
I talk, grind my teeth, kick and, apparently, howl like a wolf in my sleep.

I also have insomnia that comes and goes. When it goes i'm a narcoleptic zombie.

I can also control my dreams with ease, but most of the inspiration for my writing comes from my dreams. If i'm stuck on a particular part of my novel all i have to do is think about it when i go to sleep and i'll dream of what to write next.

My brothers all talk, walk and interact with things and people in their sleep. I used to be able to have conversations with them while they were asleep.

Ranis
2008-04-23, 08:17 AM
I was recently diagnosed with Nightmare Disorder. Woo.

Vaynor
2008-04-23, 09:22 AM
I recently had semisomnia (http://www.wordspy.com/words/semisomnia.asp) from a cruddy sleep cycle. I would be exhausted at around 10:30 (22:30) and wake up at 5:00, only to not be able to fall asleep again. I would then take a nap during the day and be tired again at 10:30. I'm over all that now though. :smallbiggrin:

Me too. :smallsigh:

I started going to bed at around 1 (for no real reason) and had to wake up at 7 for school. By the time I actually would fall asleep it would be around 2-2:30; I have problems falling asleep. So after four and a half hours of sleep, I'd go to school and be exhausted all day (usually sleeping in math class a bit, teacher doesn't care because I have an A even if I sleep) and then taking a little nap at around 6:30. I got into a kind of cycle, and found I couldn't get to sleep before at least 12. Still trying to get over that... *yawn*

wojonatior
2008-04-23, 02:40 PM
yea also partly related to this and partly not my brother has epilepsy and narcolepsy just got diagnosed in the last year the epilepsy isn't really a problem because he is doing his pill popping i haven't heard much on the narcolepsy though.

Drascin
2008-04-23, 03:45 PM
I myself have some sleep problems, generally my tendency to wake up in the middle of the night and then be completely unable to sleep again. I'm getting better, but it's still annoying as all get out, especially since I need my six hours of sleep to function properly in society at all.

Also, the matter with dreams is a strange issue. Whenever I dream, it's a big expenditure of creative and emotional energy. I barely remember bits and pieces of it (I can, however, more or less discern its general tone by the echoed impulses and mood that I wake up with), but I wake up more mentally exhausted than I went to bed. This is extremely annoying when you happen to have two hours of Physics first thing in the morning :smallannoyed:.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-04-23, 05:21 PM
I have mild form of insomnia, which means I always have trouble catching sleep and sometimes don't sleep at all for a long while (I got as far as two weeks once...). I've also been know to sleepwalk and talk in my sleep.

Fostire
2008-04-23, 08:03 PM
A couple of years ago i started having trouble falling asleep, i would roll around in bed for hours before falling asleep. I had no idea why this was, i never had trouble sleeping before, i thought i might be getting insomnia or something. So i started thinking what had changed in my life that was causing this? I realised the problem was that i was getting no exercise, i no longer had gym classes at school so my exercise was reduced to walking to the bus stop. No exercise meant that my body wasnt tired so when i went to bed i still had a lot of energy left (i have a schedule so i cant just go to bed later). Anyway getting some exercise before bed solved my problems and i can sleep ok now.
So to all those that have trouble sleeping consider how much exercise are you getting.:smallsmile:

sheepofoblivion
2008-04-23, 08:08 PM
I work out about 3 hours on 4 days a week and I still can't sleep :smallfrown: (but I don't overwork myself either... ) (which is sorta weird... I ... am always tired... I swim hours... hhmmm... it's sorta easy... but that may have been my solution...)

Jae
2008-04-23, 11:14 PM
Unable to go to sleep at a normal hour. I was tired around 20:00, then got widely awake after this one phase.
Constantly worry or feel guilty.
Extremely vivid nightmares. I still have them, even when awake, but they're better. I usually had two kind of nightmares. One where I watch scenes of rape and war, and one where I'm the one getting stabbed or worse. I usually still feel the blade in my body after waking up.
General tenderness as Jae described. Made my teeth get really bad this year, a lot of visits to the dentist were needed.
Tiredness made me fall into bed at 15:00 to 19:00 and then sleep for two hours like dead, because those were the only hours that I got real sleep that wasn't so light I woke up all 30 minutes or earlier. I also had few dreams, and those I had were nightmares and got me up very fast.
I still have recurring dreams or "visions" when I blank out being awake of stabbing myself, being stabbed or standing in front of a mirror and a dirty sink in a public bathroom and cutting my face, then breaking the mirror.
Oh, and I constantly scratch myself when sleeping. I usually have pretty deep bruises from it, but nothing major.

ha yeah thats about how it works with me. particularly on the nightmares thing..I am sometimes, and more recently (as in the last few years opposed to when I was younger), the person to have blahblah happen them. Chased or hurt or w/e. But, particularly during my younger ages, I had dreams play out like movies. I was never involved, I was a third party...looking in, watching others misery but not directly a part of it. Kinda sick when you think about it, probably worse than nightmares I myself am involved in. But I was never able to find any info on this because im not sure what you might call it..? Not lucid because im still unaware im dreaming..eh.
and im actually pretty knowledgeable on the subject.

Ceska
2008-04-23, 11:24 PM
ha yeah thats about how it works with me. particularly on the nightmares thing..I am sometimes, and more recently (as in the last few years opposed to when I was younger), the person to have blahblah happen them. Chased or hurt or w/e. But, particularly during my younger ages, I had dreams play out like movies. I was never involved, I was a third party...looking in, watching others misery but not directly a part of it. Kinda sick when you think about it, probably worse than nightmares I myself am involved in. But I was never able to find any info on this because im not sure what you might call it..? Not lucid because im still unaware im dreaming..eh.
and im actually pretty knowledgeable on the subject.
Hmm, I still seem to have them with recurring regularity. Oh, I also have a few dreams where I am viewer and participant at the same time. My therapist isn't sure if I'm not trying to disconnect myself and negative things happening to me or similar.
And there's another thing that I dislike about these dreams. It's the inability to act. You watch, but you can't ever do something. Neither in the nightmares I am participant, nor in those I watch I can do anything, just watch and see people suffer. That's what I dislike the most about them.

Jae
2008-04-23, 11:38 PM
Hmm, I still seem to have them with recurring regularity. Oh, I also have a few dreams where I am viewer and participant at the same time. My therapist isn't sure if I'm not trying to disconnect myself and negative things happening to me or similar.
And there's another thing that I dislike about these dreams. It's the inability to act. You watch, but you can't ever do something. Neither in the nightmares I am participant, nor in those I watch I can do anything, just watch and see people suffer. That's what I dislike the most about them.
Yeah see I was wondering if maybe it was a matter of disassociating. As in, maybe whats expressed in the dream is in relation to my life but Im a little too detatched to take notice kind of thing.
I feel more disturbed by that when I wake up knowing that, in the dream, I felt no need to act at all. Ha I feel disgusting for saying so but I truly didnt care about what the hell was happening to everybody else, which I could only reflect on once I'd woken up.
And the overall..mood..of those dreams are so much worse than the ones im involved in. It's an eerie detatchment, one of the emptiest feelings I think I've come across ever. A feeling that has crossed over into my waking life and I swear its panic-attack worthy.

I guess you were right awhile ago in saying that you and I are alike, or Im an earlier version of you

Ceska
2008-04-23, 11:45 PM
I guess you were right awhile ago in saying that you and I are alike, or Im an earlier version of you
I hope for you that you are not. Or at least that you go a better way than I did.

Hm, what I find interesting is that I feel actually rather amused. Well, amused is the wrong word. But curious, interested in what will happen next. I don't think I ever felt pity in my dreams.
A lot like a predator that plays with its prey, like a cat playing with a mouse. You're interested in how it acts, what will happen if you cut off a tail or similar.
It's kind of scary. I'm not a violent person, but in some ways I simply can't relate to the pain of others. I know that I should, but I'm not sure anymore if I'm doing because I should, or because I really am. In my dreams, nothing tells me to have any feelings for others, and I usually have none, except for curiosity.

Jae
2008-04-23, 11:53 PM
I hope for you that you are not. Or at least that you go a better way than I did
I'll take your word for it and hope as well.

You're interested in how it acts, what will happen if you cut off a tail or similar.
It's kind of scary. I'm not a violent person, but in some ways I simply can't relate to the pain of others. I know that I should, but I'm not sure anymore if I'm doing because I should, or because I really am. In my dreams, nothing tells me to have any feelings for others, and I usually have none, except for curiosity.
EXACTLY. Moreover, I usually think of myself as fairly compassionate in the things I do and the way Ive tried to shape myself but Ive never been able to make myself care about individuals issues and that may just carry over (or vice versa). It's a wierd kind of apathy but even in dreams I can relate it to completely creepy in every way.

Xeava
2008-05-03, 05:09 AM
MMm when I sleep I tend to often wake up find that I have no movment in my arm because of lack of circulation....

Not very good...

SO I guess i'm a restless sleeper and I used to sleep walk when I was younger........

My dreams seem to bear no reflection or relation to whats going on in my life, are really random, vivid and more often than not a night mare......

OwlbearUltimate
2008-05-03, 09:52 PM
I lately have had trouble getting to sleep for hours. I have heard stories of relatives of mine actully having conversations in their sleep. I love it when I occasionally realize I am dreaming and completely control it. (One of the greatest expirence ever) I also can remember some of my dreams quite vividly, and believe my, they are wierd. The worst expirence was when I dreamed I got shot by some military, and I woke up and my whole body was numb.