PDA

View Full Version : Next Week Will Kill Me!

BRC
2008-04-22, 04:09 PM
So, I'm thinking about next week. And in the words of Parson
"Boop".

So, I'm doing running crew for my school's spring musical, next week is dress rehersals and the show, which means I'm at school for an extra few hours. (Mind you, since I'm doing tech I get to chill back stage (well in the hallway, we don't need no fancy theater with a fancy back stage. Just give us a black box with some doors to the hallway) With my laptop).
Well, thats not too bad, except that next saturday I have to take the SAT. And the week after that is my two AP tests.

:smalleek:

MrEdwardNigma
2008-04-22, 04:17 PM
You have time to learn in the hallway! Yay!

Nibleswick
2008-04-22, 04:39 PM
Yeouch.

There was one time, when I was on construction crew, there was this one set of double doors that we couldn't get to work right, it was so bad, we had to postpone the opening show by about ten minutes because we were still working on 'em.

Well, as the techies around here say: Bust a nut.:smallbiggrin:

Artemician
2008-04-22, 08:35 PM
Ditto.

My school production is *tomorrow* and we crew have been working our asses off for the past two weeks to get all the logistics right. It's especially a pain to do the shadow puppetry properly, not only did we have to make them, we have to lie down backstage (so noone can see us) and manipulate them as well (which means memorizing our cues, can't see the script in the dark). And the props commitee messed up, so we had to do backgrounds as well.

Because of that, we've been staying back till 1 every day for the past fortnight. This week, even, we had to *leave school early* just to practise this stuff, because the teacher is frighteningly paranoid about how the play's going to turn out (which is pretty justified, given how much tech we have).

And yes, my exams are next week as well. And I still have a 5000 word chinese assignment to turn in, as well as scientific reports to write. Naturally, I get back at midnight every day with no time to do work. How lovely.

Bookman
2008-04-22, 08:50 PM
"Boop".

So, I'm doing running crew for my school's spring musical, next week is dress rehersals and the show, which means I'm at school for an extra few hours. (Mind you, since I'm doing tech I get to chill back stage (well in the hallway, we don't need no fancy theater with a fancy back stage. Just give us a black box with some doors to the hallway) With my laptop).
Well, thats not too bad, except that next saturday I have to take the SAT. And the week after that is my two AP tests.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm Hell Week....... :biggrin:

I've pulled worse! Allow me to describe my "killer" last week. I had auditions for a show I'm directing on Sunday and Monday night. Monday night I then began writing a Spanish presentation that was due the next afternoon. I stayed up late and then went to school after I woke up. I then got out of school at 4 and called everyone in my cast letting them know about casting. Then I proceeded to go to work the next morning at 7am and then went straight to the theater for the rehearsal. This was followed by staying up late to finish a takehome history test. Then waking up early before work (I Had to be at work at 7am) and proceeding to write some more and then going to work and then back to school where I got out of a class early and barely managed to finish my history test. After school I then went home, caught up on sleep and then woke up early and had work and rehearsal back to back.

All hail the theater geeks! :biggrin:

BRC
2008-04-22, 08:55 PM
Ditto.

My school production is *tomorrow* and we crew have been working our asses off for the past two weeks to get all the logistics right. It's especially a pain to do the shadow puppetry properly, not only did we have to make them, we have to lie down backstage (so noone can see us) and manipulate them as well (which means memorizing our cues, can't see the script in the dark). And the props commitee messed up, so we had to do backgrounds as well.

Because of that, we've been staying back till 1 every day for the past fortnight. This week, even, we had to *leave school early* just to practise this stuff, because the teacher is frighteningly paranoid about how the play's going to turn out (which is pretty justified, given how much tech we have).

And yes, my exams are next week as well. And I still have a 5000 word chinese assignment to turn in, as well as scientific reports to write. Naturally, I get back at midnight every day with no time to do work. How lovely.

WHoo! Techie Power!

An actor without techies is just a naked person standing in a dark, empty room mumbling to themselves.

Artemician
2008-04-24, 10:50 AM
As an addendum to my earlier post.

We just put on our play today and yesterday.

You know all the bitching I did on top about how hard we had to work? It was totally worth it.

Rogue 7
2008-04-24, 10:54 AM
Man, my younger brother had to do something like that. Frequently, he'd be at school until 10 (I, on Spring break from college, was sitting pretty)

I've got a massive essay coming up and finals in two weeks, but after that I'm done. Which isn't saying much considering how much I slack off, but still...

RTGoodman
2008-04-24, 11:12 AM
What AP exams are you taking? Some of them aren't really that bad (like the English ones), but some are killer (like Statistics and, I assume, Calculus, but I never took the latter of those two).

My "Hell Week" is basically this week. I finished a 10-page term paper on Sunday about Antioch in the Crusades, I finished a 27(!)-pager yesterday about the music of the Vietnam era, and I've still got one to do (20 pages or so) on religion in North Africa from Berber to Christian. And it's due Monday. Not to mention, of course, exams are next week and the week after that.

But, after 7 May, I'll be ready to graduate, so at least I have something to look forward to!

Mauve Shirt
2008-04-24, 01:15 PM
I'm rejoicing for a while as this is the last week of classes, but I still have finals next week. A 10-page paper due monday on "the model minority myth and how it functions in society" and I need to study my ass off for all of my finals since I need As and Bs so I can come back next year. ><

MisterSaturnine
2008-04-24, 01:44 PM
I'm not a techie, I'm an actor, but it is indeed good advice to be nice to your techies (other than it being common courtesy). Otherwise, you'll be acting in the dark...or with no amplification in a musical...or with sandbags falling from the rafters onto your head...

Also, I understand it can be an unappreciated job--people tend to only acknowledge when you do something wrong.

Good luck, Commie!

Telonius
2008-04-24, 03:01 PM
You have time to learn in the hallway! Yay!

... I actually did that once, when I was back in high school. Stage manager for Adrift in New York, SAT's, and some other thing I can't remember now, all going on at once. Good times, good times. You'll get through it.

Telonius
2008-04-24, 03:02 PM
WHoo! Techie Power!

An actor without techies is just a naked person standing in a dark, empty room mumbling to themselves.

Unless he's in an existentialist play. Then that's par for the course.

reorith
2008-04-24, 04:54 PM
"Boop".

if it makes you feel better, one day, you'll have a job with asinine deadlines and people constantly asking random stuff from you and you'll look back on the halcyon days of your youth and smile. also, college, double also yay crew!

BlackStaticWolf
2008-04-25, 09:18 PM
"Boop".

If it makes you feel better...

Over the next two weeks, I have four five hour long exams that are the sole determinant of my grade in each of the four classes.

In addition... we're graded on a true curve. Ie, top 20% get As, next 20% get Bs, the rest get Cs.

BRC
2008-04-30, 06:36 PM
Like a stone in the surf my sanity is slowly but surely being worn away.

Ive been able to handle my workload reasonably well, but I despise the musical were doing. We have good actors, good sets and pretty good everything, however this particular musical is cheesy and stupid. It has a definate ceiling in terms of how good it can get, we are at that cealing (Especially considering our buget), but it's just not a very good musical. Nix that, it is the musical equivilent of a giant pile of radioactive waste coated in cow dung.

And unfortunetally my headphones broke so I cannot ignore the worst songs with my Ipod, preparing to go onstage by hearing when the music stops.

Mauve Shirt
2008-04-30, 07:11 PM
CAN'T WAIT TIL TOMORROW AFTER MY HISTORY EXAM THEN I WILL PACK AND THEN I WILL LEAVE THIS GOD FORSAKEN CAMPUS!

Until the 18th of May. :smallfrown: Stupid summer school.

Jae
2008-04-30, 08:39 PM
haa i know how you feel. next week is league meet. damnit damnit damnit.
I so blew off this season. I suck. I fail. GAH

as far as AP tests go, my AP teacher is a dumb ass. And she hates me because I point out exactly when shes being stupid, which is mostly ALWAYS. And im not going to take the time to deny being a smart alec in her class, because I really am, she probably SHOULD hate me but I wouldnt be so bitchy if she didnt pick me out from the get-go.
And she totally loved me when I was dating the best student in her class. and after that my writing apparently fails at life without a word against it at all.
maybe im holding grudges but. gr. i just dont do badly on writing assignments. ever.

so. case in point? im failing the test.

CommodoreFluffy
2008-04-30, 09:21 PM
know how you feel BRC, Keep with it, you'll get through...
WORKERS OF THE WORLD...UNITE!

Mauve Shirt
2008-04-30, 09:35 PM
I want to be done :smallannoyed: But I'm not. That upsets me.

CommodoreFluffy
2008-04-30, 09:39 PM
From what I know of BRC, is that he is a smart, and talented individual, and would probably be my friend in the real world, but we are just "e-buddies". If anyone can pull though, he will, if he doesn't have the guts, then pride will have to do the trick. If you don't succeed, and pass, you will forever be shamed BRC...Remember that

EARLY HAPPY MAY DAY!

Bookman
2008-04-30, 09:41 PM
Like a stone in the surf my sanity is slowly but surely being worn away.

Ive been able to handle my workload reasonably well, but I despise the musical were doing. We have good actors, good sets and pretty good everything, however this particular musical is cheesy and stupid. It has a definate ceiling in terms of how good it can get, we are at that cealing (Especially considering our buget), but it's just not a very good musical. Nix that, it is the musical equivilent of a giant pile of radioactive waste coated in cow dung.

And unfortunetally my headphones broke so I cannot ignore the worst songs with my Ipod, preparing to go onstage by hearing when the music stops.

Is it High School Musical?

If so I totally understand your issue with that piece of......filth.

If not...... what musical is it? *very interested*

BRC
2008-04-30, 09:59 PM
Is it High School Musical?

If so I totally understand your issue with that piece of......filth.

If not...... what musical is it? *very interested*
Once upon a matress, it sucks.

Mauve Shirt
2008-04-30, 10:07 PM
Oh Christ, "Once Upon A Mattress"? :smallfrown: *hugs BRC* My high school did that. I feel for you.

Gaelbert
2008-04-30, 10:12 PM
as far as AP tests go, my AP teacher is a dumb ass. And she hates me because I point out exactly when shes being stupid, which is mostly ALWAYS. And im not going to take the time to deny being a smart alec in her class, because I really am, she probably SHOULD hate me but I wouldnt be so bitchy if she didnt pick me out from the get-go.
And she totally loved me when I was dating the best student in her class. and after that my writing apparently fails at life without a word against it at all. maybe im holding grudges but. gr. i just dont do badly on writing assignments. ever.

so. case in point? im failing the test.

She's really not that observant. I would be surprised if she even payed any attention to the students at all beyond their papers and grades.

Jae
2008-04-30, 10:15 PM
She's really not that observant. I would be surprised if she even payed any attention to the students at all beyond their papers and grades.
She infrequently commented about us, both clearly and in ambiguity. and hes a good student so he gets noticed by basically all teachers..

areyoumadatme areyoumadatme areyoumadatme

BRC
2008-05-01, 05:25 PM
Opening Night!. 2 Days (counting today) till SAT.

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-01, 05:27 PM
DONE WITH EXAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I need more boxes for stuff. :smallannoyed: