PDA

View Full Version : Skyrates

Icewalker
2008-04-22, 06:13 PM
This is a very cool new free online game my cousin showed me. Just started it up myself.

http://skyrates.net/

Basically, you are a pilot, with your own crappy plane (the starting plane is the CR-4P model...) and you start off flying between these floating islands trading goods to earn money to upgrade/buy new planes. The way it works is in real-time: a trip from one island to another may take an hour and a half, but you set the flight, then play something else, then come back. And you can plot multiple flight legs at a time, with trade inbetween.

Quite fun.

There is also combat, which I find to be quite simple but very fun. During your flights, you can look at your progress and see if there are any pirate attacks. If there are, you can fight them in a 2d top-down battle which is fun to play. The pirate attacks remain available to play until the end of a flight, where, if you haven't already fought them, it auto-resolves them by comparing your ship to theirs.

Fun game. I suggest you try it.

Nibleswick
2008-04-22, 06:58 PM
I looks pretty neat, I've always been fond of trading games like this. I like the feature for planing multiple flights. I can't wait to shoot down some pirates:smallbiggrin:

Narkis
2008-04-25, 04:44 PM
I started playing. It's a fun little game.

hobbes543
2008-04-26, 11:05 AM
I started two pilots.

Skivvy and McCarter Green