PDA

View Full Version : Flame Warrior (PrC)

DrowAndDragon
2008-04-22, 07:23 PM
So, I made this class with a few ideas from the Dragon Samurai and the Pyrokineticist. Its aimed at most melee players looking to set there foes on fire in the process. This is my first Homebrew, so id greatly appreciate any constructive criticism on the class. And I am planning on making variants of this class for different energy types, I just wanna see why you guys have to say about this one first, so the others go alot easier.

Flame Warrior
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+0|Breath Weapon, Resistance to Energy 5

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+0|Flame Aura

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+1|Weapon Charge

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+1|Fiery Presence

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+1|Breath Weapon, Resistance to Energy 10

6th|
+6|
+5|
+2|
+2|Flame Dexterity

7th|
+7|
+5|
+2|
+2|Greater Flame Aura, Resistance to Energy 15

8th|
+8|
+6|
+2|
+2|Greater Weapon Charge

9th|
+9|
+6|
+3|
+3|Breath Weapon, Resistance to Energy 20

10th|
+10|
+7|
+3|
+3|Hellfire Blast[/table]

Hit Die: d10

Requirements
Alignment: Any Chaotic
Base Attack Bonus: +5
Skills: Concentration 9 ranks, Intimidate 3 ranks, Survival 2 ranks
Special: Must have at least one weapon with any fire enhancement, and must have suffered through a near death experience involving fire, or survive in an incredibly hot area for 24-hours for no reason.

Class Skills
Climb, Concentration, Craft, Intimidate, Jump, Profession, Survival

Class Features
Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: Flame Warriors gain no weapon or armor proficiencies.

Breath Weapon: At 1st level, a Flame Warrior’s inner energy can be channeled in a 1d6 line-of-fire breath weapon once per day. This increases to 2d6 at 5th level and 3d6 at 9h level. Daily usages can be increased with the Energetic Breath feat below.

Resistance to Energy: At 1st level, the Flame Warrior develops a resistance to the fire energy type. This resistance increases to 10 at 5th level, 15 at 7th level, and 20 at 10th level.

Flame Aura: At 2nd level, a Flame Warrior can expand an aura of a 60-ft radius to give her allies a Fire Resistance of 5 and a +1d6 of Fire Damage to all melee attacks. The aura is active as long as the Flame Warrior is conscious, or as long as she wishes. The damage of fire based magic spells used in the aura are increased by 50%

Weapon Charge: At 3rd level, Flame Warrior can charge one of his chosen weapons, (such as Longsword or Greataxe) to deal 2d6 points of damage. If a Flame Warrior has the Two-Weapon Fighting Feat, he can choose to charge each weapon to deal 1d6 points of damage instead. Any ranged weapon enhanced with the charge gives all ammo shot from the weapon the bonus instead. The ability applies to unarmed attacks also

Fiery Presence: At 4th level, the Flame Warrior’s fire like presence becomes the fear of others. She gets a +4 enhancement bonus to all Intimidate checks

Flame Dexterity: The Flame Warrior gains the quickness of an actual flame. At 6th level, once per day, she gains a +4 enhancement bonus to her Dexterity for one minuet/character level.

Greater Flame Aura: This ability works like the Flame Aura ability, but once gained at 7th level, instead gives her allies a Resistance to Fire Energy 10 and a +2d6 to all melee attacks

Greater Weapon Charge: At 8th level, the Flame Warrior gains the use of an ability, which acts just like Weapon Charge, only instead of 2d6, she can replace that with 4d6 points of damage. With the Improved Two-weapon Fighting Feat, she may channel 2d6 points of energy to each weapon.

Hellfire Blast: At 10th level, a Flame Warrior channels her energy into one final attack, which explodes into a 30-foot-radius burst. Once per day, as a standard action, the blast deals 10d6 points of fire damage, and another 5d6 points of impact damage. Any creature in the attack must make a Reflex saving throw, (15 + Flame Warrior’s Cha modifier) for half damage). If they fail the throw, they must make a Fortitude saving throw, or be killed in the blast due to the extreme temperatures. This attack can be modified with the Energetic Blast Control feat shown below.

And here’s a couple feats meant solely for the Flame Warrior:

Energetic Breath
You have channeled your inner energy more than the norm and can use your breath weapon more
Prerequisites: Flame Warrior
Benefits: You get to use your gained breath weapon every 1d4 rounds
Normal: You can only use your breath weapon once per day

Energetic Blast Control
You have controlled your final blast to the point where you can shape it to your wish
Prerequisites: Flame Warrior, Concentration 12 ranks
Benefits: Instead of your blast going in a 30 foot radius, you may chose to either shape it into a 60-foot-cone that does 15d6 points of fire damage and 10d6 points of impact damage on a successful Concentration Check (DC 20) or a 90-foot-line that does 15d6 fire damage and 15d6 points of impact damage on a successful Concentration Check (DC 25)
Normal: Your Energy Blast does 10d6 points of fire damage and 5d6 points of impact damage

I think the Hellfire Blast is a bit too overpowered. But I thought it might be appropriate because the class is aimed at 10th level PC's. Again, constructive Criticism is greatly thanked

Oh, and which sounds cooler, Flame Warrior or Pyrowarrior?

Ninjalitude
2008-04-22, 09:21 PM
Flaming Dexterity needs a limit, once/day? once/encounter?

DrowAndDragon
2008-04-23, 06:34 AM
Flaming Dexterity needs a limit, once/day? once/encounter?

Yes, I did not catch that. Thank you

lord of kobolds
2008-04-23, 03:59 PM
Weapon Charge: At 3rd level, Flame Warrior can charge one of his chosen weapons, (such as Longsword or Greataxe) to deal 2d6 points of damage. If a Flame Warrior has the Two-Weapon Fighting Feat, he can choose to charge each weapon to deal 1d6 points of damage instead. Any ranged weapon enhanced with the charge gives all ammo shot from the weapon the bonus instead. The ability applies to unarmed attacks also

HOW LONG DOES THIS LAST, AND HOW DO YOU ACTIVATE IT?
DOES IT STACK WITH REGULAR DAMAGE OR REPLACE IT. A GREATAXE DOING 1D12 PLUS 2D6 EVERY HIT SEEMS OVERPOWERED

DrowAndDragon
2008-04-23, 05:23 PM
HOW LONG DOES THIS LAST, AND HOW DO YOU ACTIVATE IT?
DOES IT STACK WITH REGULAR DAMAGE OR REPLACE IT. A GREATAXE DOING 1D12 PLUS 2D6 EVERY HIT SEEMS OVERPOWERED

It was is suppose to stack, so I guess it is a bit overpowered. But then again, don't most enchantments add around that much damage? I made this to seem like an enchantment that you don't really need to buy. So then one wouldn't need to buy an Augment Crystal or something like that