PDA

View Full Version : I have what I need. Thank you!

RtBT
2008-04-22, 08:57 PM
I have everything I needed to know. Thank you everyone!

BizzaroStormy
2008-04-22, 09:01 PM
Just say "Wanna go to the dance?" I tried it but it ended up with her threatening to cut off a certain extremity. The again she was kinda pissed at me at the time anyway.

Vuzzmop
2008-04-22, 09:02 PM
Tell her how you feel, but don't make that big a deal out of it. She's sure to do that for you.

Ask her, or you'll only regret it.

"...the music can be rewound, but time cannot. turn back...turn back...turn back!"

Stormthorn
2008-04-22, 09:09 PM
So my first dance ever is coming up. And There's a girl I've totally been ...well I can't find a word for it... I'm not exactly fond of using the word 'crushing' It does sound a tad like a 7-9 year old situation. But anyway, I'm not sure if She'd jump up and down screaming 'YES OH YAY LETS GO!!!' Because in all reality, that kind of stuff is on television. If she did say yes she'd say: 'sure'. But another thing is, me and her are really good freinds. So we could go together without people assuming anything right? Or should it be better to just tell her how I feel?

Ask her simply. "Want to go to -DANCE Y- on -DATE Z- with me?"

As for how you feel, you might want to wait and see how she reacts to your question abotu going to the dance. I myself was very awkward about asking girls to dances, but not in letting them know if i found them attractive. (even if they already had a boyfriend. And im just barely charasmatic enough to get away with it. Didnt always do it overtly, but i made my point.)

RtBT
2008-04-22, 09:11 PM
Ask her simply. "Want to go to -DANCE Y- on -DATE Z- with me?"

As for how you feel, you might want to wait and see how she reacts to your question abotu going to the dance. I myself was very awkward about asking girls to dances, but not in letting them know if i found them attractive. (even if they already had a boyfriend. And im just barely charasmatic enough to get away with it. Didnt always do it overtly, but i made my point.)

True. But If I did ask her I'm afraid she'd find out. I mean... she still thinks I like her... :frown: It's really akward situation...

Noir-Neko
2008-04-22, 09:18 PM
Hmm... I'd agree that it's best to let your feelings be known to her, otherwise you'll keep looking back in regret. But thats also a somewhat romantic delusion. I'm not one to make someone feel comfortable just so they feel better about themselves, I know of equil number of relationships which went very well, others crashed and burned, and sometimes the girl walks away from you laughing.

When all is said and done, you have to ask yourself, would you rather remain just firends, or try to take it another step and risk things turning out unfavorable.

Speaking from personal experience, the title "boyfriend and Girlfirend" is a childish practice. It means nothing. True love for someone will flourish forth from a relationship that feels natural to the point where you both mutually love eachother without reserve or the need for any sort of socal titleing. The best relationships just happen.

Ask her to the dance, and if there is something more to be had between teh two of you, it will come all on it's own.

Cheers, and good luck.

thubby
2008-04-22, 09:23 PM
first, screw what everyone else thinks, they don't matter.
secondly. its better to be rejected than to never know. so its better to try either way.

Don Julio Anejo
2008-04-22, 09:45 PM
Just ask her (without going overboard, spilling your feelings, getting all mushy and ending up as the girl in the relationship if it develops). There's nothing really to gain by not asking except screwing yourself over with regret to the tune of "oh crap, why didn't I ask her... and now she's with (insert random guy name here) and not even looking my way."

Something I found (but this is my personal experience) - if you want to do something, just do it without thinking. You're much more likely to regret it if you overthink and NOT do it.

Stormthorn
2008-04-22, 10:06 PM
Speaking from personal experience, the title "boyfriend and Girlfirend" is a childish practice. It means nothing. True love for someone will flourish forth from a relationship that feels natural to the point where you both mutually love eachother without reserve or the need for any sort of socal titleing. The best relationships just happen.

an obsession with not apearing childish is childish. Also, things need labels. Me saying "that girl who already has a male romantic interest" sounds ackward.

RtBT
2008-04-22, 10:08 PM
an obsession with not apearing childish is childish. Also, things need labels. Me saying "that girl who already has a male romantic interest" sounds ackward.

Huh...true...

I think----I know what I'll do.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP EVERYONE!!! ^-^

Don Julio Anejo
2008-04-22, 10:09 PM
I think the point is that it's often a lot more complicated than just boyfriend/girlfriend. People could be randomly dating without actually being boyfriend/girlfriend, they could be friends with benefits, they could flirt all the time and never actually get together even though they both like each other, etc.