PDA

View Full Version : Alone in the Dark

Ranis
2008-04-23, 10:01 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31902.html

Before you do anything, if you haven't seen the trailer, watch it now.

Can anyone say nerdgasm?

This game looks phenomenal, an absolutely brilliant work of art. I think with this game I'm finally going to get the full value of my 1080p HDTV. Fire is going to be the prime element in AitD, and from everything I've seen fire will be a real-time and react accordingly just as the real objects would if they were on fire.

I never played any of the previous AitD games, but I really really really want to play this one. Anyone else with me?

poleboy
2008-04-24, 01:46 AM
I suffered through a couple hours of the PS2 version, which was... horrible. This, however I am really looking forward to.

Ranis
2008-04-24, 08:02 AM
Yes, I've heard all of them except for the first one kinda really sucked, which leaves a lot to be hoped for in this newest AitD. But it looks like they're definitely getting off on the right foot.

Jibar
2008-04-24, 10:26 AM
I read an article about the Wii version a while ago.
From the looks of things, It'll be a perfect companion for Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition.
I'll also mention I'm very much in favour of more horror games on the Wii. Though I don't really play them, the more personal control scheme seems perfect.

Ranis
2008-04-24, 11:29 AM
If I had just a Wii, I'd pick up AitD for it, but it looks so much prettier for the 360 that buying it for the Wii would be an insult to how gorgeous the developers made the game.

But I do agree that this game will be one of the few instances where the Wii's controls aren't a complete gimmack.

Hermit
2008-04-24, 01:55 PM
If I had just a Wii, I'd pick up AitD for it, but it looks so much prettier for the 360 that buying it for the Wii would be an insult to how gorgeous the developers made the game.

But I do agree that this game will be one of the few instances where the Wii's controls aren't a complete gimmack.

Yeah, I'd get the Wii version if it didn't look so damn nice on other systems. Still undecided as to whether I'll go PC or PS3 for this. So far the PS3 version is a little delayed and there's no word on a Special Edition for it either, which might sway me in the PCs favour.

Ranis
2008-04-24, 03:12 PM
As far as I've been able to research, there isn't a planned PS3 release of AitD for some strange reason.

Hermit
2008-04-24, 04:35 PM
As far as I've been able to research, there isn't a planned PS3 release of AitD for some strange reason.

There is, but its been delayed. By the sound of it they're having to rework and tweak stuff in the engine to use the hardware better. Autumn 2008 is the rough release date, though they're saying there will be some extra content (extra episodes, I believe) in the PS3 version to compensate.

Ranis
2008-04-24, 05:38 PM
Ah, that makes sense. Hopefully they'll release the extra episodes for the 360 version as free DLC to balance things out.