PDA

View Full Version : Any MapTool gurus out there?

Glawackus
2008-04-23, 02:06 PM
I'm starting up an Eberron campaign on another board using the Chimes at Midnight published adventure, and I wanted to use MapTool to make combat maps for it 'cause I think it's pretty cool.

I've managed to find an online copy of the map in question sans the DM-only infos, and I've managed to get it into MapTool. My problem is that the gridlines on the map don't line up with the gridlines in MapTool.

This seems to be one of those programs with a lot of detail just below the surface, so I'm sure there's a button missing: how do I get the gridlines to line up?

(Or, conversely, if MapTool is really bad and I should be using something else, feel free to drop some links. Please remember that I'm just a poor student, however, and probably won't be running out to purchase Fantasy Grounds or things of that ilk anytime soon. Free = Good.)

kamikasei
2008-04-23, 02:14 PM
There's an option in there somewhere to scale and move the grid so that it fits over the lines on the map. I'll have a look and see where it lives.

edit: It's "Map -> Adjust Grid" or Ctrl-Shift-A, at least in my version. That brings up a dialog where you can tell it how big to make the squares and move their zero-point to line them up.

senrath
2008-04-23, 02:15 PM
http://rptools.net/doku.php?id=maptooldoc_1_1:maps

Instructions for how to resize the grid is in the middleish part of the page.

Glawackus
2008-04-23, 02:52 PM
Problem rectified. WotC's grid appears to be one of those ones that the MapTool documentation says doesn't line up quite right, but I managed to figure out how to turn off snap-to-gridlines.

Thanks for the help, guys. :smallbiggrin: