PDA

View Full Version : List your favorite Factotum builds!

Frosty
2008-04-23, 08:39 PM
I may be about to start a high level campaign, and I'm thinking of rolling up a Factotum. But, I don't know what are some good builds for it except for super-spy which would have levels in Chameleon. There may be some PvP involved as well, so I want to build something that's not strictly a party-buffer. I've gotta be able to survive on my own as well.

Books: Most books allowed. ECL 14. I'd prefer to be a Changeling. any alignment is cool.

Reel On, Love
2008-04-23, 08:51 PM
I may be about to start a high level campaign, and I'm thinking of rolling up a Factotum. But, I don't know what are some good builds for it except for super-spy which would have levels in Chameleon. There may be some PvP involved as well, so I want to build something that's not strictly a party-buffer. I've gotta be able to survive on my own as well.

Books: Most books allowed. ECL 14. I'd prefer to be a Changeling. any alignment is cool.

That's one level short of Factotum 8/Chameleon 7 (which has a Dual Focus).
Factotum 8/Warblade 6 is very solid. Your IL is 10, which means you're a couple of maneuver levels short, but you can add INT to a lot of things, and with a few Font of Inspiration feats, get an extra standard action (for a Strike) a couple times a fight.

Frosty
2008-04-23, 08:59 PM
So once we level to level 15, I can dual-focus. That means I essentially become a dual-caster correct? And with the ability to take more than one standard action, I can let loose a lotta spells...

CASTLEMIKE
2008-04-23, 09:55 PM
Variant Changeling Rogue -2, Factotum -3, Chameleon - 9.

The Variant Changeling Rogue gets your PC 10 skill points a level multiplied by four plus some interesting class specials.

Factotutum - 3 is nice with Extra Fonts of Inspiration feats, perhaps with the Agile Athlete and the Insightful Reflexes feats.

Factotum - 8 is a nice capstone but at L14 your suggested wealth by level is 150,000 gp and a MIC Belt of Battle is 12,000 gp.

IMO the Chameleon should recieve the Cover Identity and Deep Cover Identity class specials from the Spymaster PRC since that PRC came out after the Chameleon class.

Ascension
2008-04-23, 10:04 PM
IMO the Chameleon should recieve the Cover Identity and Deep Cover Identity class specials from the Spymaster PRC since that PRC came out after the Chameleon class.

OBJECTION!

If you want to play a Spymaster, play a Spymaster! Seriously, if you give the Chameleon the Spymaster's cover identities, you've effectively gimped the Spymaster entirely, and it's already a pretty weak PrC. Also, emulating the abilities of a person and emulating the personality of a person are two different things.

That being said, it depends on what you want to do. Factotum 8/Chameleon 7 sounds like a nice versatile casting build, while Factotum/Warblade takes care of your melee needs, while Rogue/Factotum/Chameleon turns you into an ultimate skill monkey. What do you want to be?

Frosty
2008-04-23, 11:45 PM
Well, I know I want to be able to impersonate others and have enough trickery to take over towns if I need to. I also know I want to have some casting. I dunno, some sort of super-infiltrator combined with enough casting so I'm not useless in combat. So far I'm leaning towards Factotum 8/Chameleon 10/x2 (more factotum? Maybe Warblade?)

With this setup, I can search and disarm traps, and do divine and arcane casting, so I can probably reliably have multiple identities with my ability to change shape.