PDA

View Full Version : What are your favourite video games?

hap_hazard
2008-04-23, 08:42 PM
Hey people, my friends are doing a project. Please help.

There are way too many favourite violent games, so just out of curiousity, I wanna know what are the non-aggressive games that you guys like to play?

Name some of your favourite games from these categories:
1. Violent (involves blood!): e.g. GTA, God of War
2. Aggressive (Involves explosions! Okay, maybe not explosions, but at least major adrenaline rush.): e.g. Need for Speed
3. Non-aggressive: e.g. Rock Band, Tamagochi, Minesweeper

Thanks in advance!

Metal Head
2008-04-23, 08:52 PM
1. Gears of War. It's simply a fantastic shooter.
2. Hmmm, I usually play either a violent or non-violent game, not something in between.
3. ROCK BAND!

Teioh
2008-04-24, 05:38 AM
Violent: Hmm...hard to pick just one, seems most games I play are violent, but at the moment I'd have to say Call of Duty 4 is getting the most play time from me. Though I've played it for so long I don't really view it was shooting people, more lie a competitive point-n-click game.

Aggressive: Does Final Fantasy Tactics count here? Recently replayed through this classic on PSP, and while the game is quite violent in itself, the sprite based graphics kinda of limit it on that front. If it doesn't, Ikaruga would take the cake, another modern classic I've recently gotten back into.

Non-Aggressive: Guitar Hero here I suppose, though I haven't played it since I finished 5-starring the second iteration.

Dumbledore lives
2008-04-24, 06:31 AM
Violent: I don't know, maybe Gears of War, or Halo 3 if I'm playing with a lot of friends and people I know.

Aggressive: I'm not sure what qualifies as this though Brawl might count, I fit is not aggressive it is still my favorite game. Otherwise worms probably, and the next Midnight Club.

Non-violent: Maybe Katamari, that's pretty fun, or maybe the Mario games if they count.

Ziren
2008-04-24, 06:33 AM
Violent: Max Payne, I suppose. At least that's the one I played the most.
Aggressive: Street Fighter series
Non-Agressive: Maybe it's a bit early to judge, but Mario Kart Wii seems to be the best party game ever (prepares for the eggs, that the Smash Bros-fancrowd will probably throw at him)

Triaxx
2008-04-24, 08:20 AM
Violent:RE4, Call of Duty, GRAW, Halo
Aggressive: Supreme Commander, Total Annihilation, AOE2, SWGB
Non-aggressive: Bejewled 2

valadil
2008-04-24, 08:45 AM
Can I put Deus Ex for all of those? You certainly can beat the game with only 1 or 2 actual kills.

If not, lets go with
Deus Ex
Savage
Portal

endoperez
2008-04-24, 10:05 AM
Is this based on the content, and thus the rating that the game has/would have if it would be rated, or just the audiovisual representation? Because it's rather difficult to put a turn-based strategy games into this, especially when its battles aren't directly controlled. I still get an adrenaline rush when playing it MP, though. :P

Airk
2008-04-24, 11:24 AM
A question. Is this supposed to encompass only "current" games from the past couple of years, or is this more of an "all time favorites" list? I'm treating it rather as the former.

Violent: Eh. I don't really play a lot of games that have realistic depictions of violence these days, because, frankly, FPS games bore the heck out of me, and I won't touch GTA with a 25 foot spork. I guess I can pick Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War here, since I do enjoy it, but it doesn't really make it into any list I would normally make of 'favorite games'.

"Aggressive": Most of what I play is in this category - there's usually some sort of violence, but it's generally stylized, cartoony, or abstracted. Tales of the Abyss, Capcom vs SNK2 and Okami all go here.

Non-Aggressive: Katamari Damacy, Crazy Taxi, Puzzle Quest. ;)

Rogue 7
2008-04-24, 12:04 PM
Violent: Does Smash Bros. count? If not, it's certainly "aggressive", so it should go there. If it doesn't, put me down for Halo 3.

Aggressive- if Smash Bros counts for violent...Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 2 for Gamecube. Nothing like blowing up 100 TIEs and 2 Star Destroyers with an X-Wing.

Non-Aggressive- Civilization 3, Rock Band.

LBO
2008-04-24, 02:40 PM
Honestly, the only games I still play are RTS. Suppose those come under "aggressive"... Total Annihilation (ancient, but still the best), Dawn of War: Dark Crusade (XP mod for preference), a bit of Supreme Commander, some Age of Empires 2 if I'm feeling lazy and nostalgic.

Triaxx
2008-04-24, 05:56 PM
Yes! Someone else who understands TA rules all!!

Studoku
2008-04-24, 06:55 PM
Violent: CoD4, GTA series, Dead Rising, Crackdown
Aggressive: Worms (anything before it went 3-D because the 3-D versions suck on so many levels, Age of Mythology (and AoE), Populous: the Beginning
Non-aggressive: Portal, Theme Hospital, Caesar III

Icewalker
2008-04-24, 07:10 PM
1: Honestly not much at the moment. Can't think of anything particularly violent/bloody I play. Devil May Cry 3 was fun though, as was God of War (II)

2: World of Warcraft, Super Smash Bros Brawl, N

3: Minesweeper, Portal

The Necroswanso
2008-04-25, 12:37 AM
Violent: American McGee's Alice. Unbridled murder and hatred ftw.

Agressive Adrenaline Rush game: I'd have to say Clive Barker's Jericho. Nothing gets the juices flowing like poorly scripted monsters constantly rushing you with nothing more in mind then hurting your genitles with their fists.

Non Violent: Seriously? Um.....Rock band?

hap_hazard
2008-04-25, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the responses so far. :smallsmile:

According to them it's "all time favourites", so old games can be included. Not sure about the content vs. audio/visual part. Suppose it can go both ways.

MeklorIlavator
2008-04-25, 08:17 AM
Honestly, the only games I still play are RTS. Suppose those come under "aggressive"... Total Annihilation (ancient, but still the best), Dawn of War: Dark Crusade (XP mod for preference), a bit of Supreme Commander, some Age of Empires 2 if I'm feeling lazy and nostalgic.

What is this XP mod you speak of, and where might one find it?
Also, besides Total Annihiliaton which was before my introduction to gaming, thats most of my favorite games(in terms of hours spent on them), though I add Sins of a Solar Empire.
I'd probably make my list as follows:
Violent: Dawn Of War(sync kills FTW)
Aggressive: Sins Of A Solar Empire/Supreme Commander
Passive: Rock Band.

JabberwockySupafly
2008-04-25, 09:04 AM
Violent: I'd probably say Bioshock or Call of Duty 4. Depends if I am playing Single or Multiplayer respectively.

Aggressive: I think Shadow of the Colossus would fit here simply because it's not an extremely violent game, but there is some action sequences and it causes quite an adrenaline rush when you fight the the various Colossi.

Non-Violent: Katamari Damacy hands down for me. Such a fantastic and quirky game.

Cristo Meyers
2008-04-25, 09:04 AM
Violent: F.E.A.R., GTA: SA

Aggressive: both KoTORs, Sins of a Solar Empire

Non-violent: I suppose Civ 3 counts, though I'm a big warmonger, so SimCity 3000