PDA

View Full Version : New Campaign Setting (ideas requested)

Greenpepa
2008-04-24, 07:33 PM
I have been tossing around ideas for a new campaign setting for a while now, and finally decided that I wanted to do something inspired by Greek Myths (at least to an extent). I want the heroes to be heroes, new places to explore, and unique magical creatures around every corner. What I have so far is

High Setting Magic
Low PC magic (limit spell casting classes) to accent melee combat (would iron heroes be good for this?)
Minimal direct control from the gods of the setting
High PC Power, with a low power level among the common people
Suitably epic adventures involving the slaying of deadly beasts and gathering of treasure
Low tech level (use bronze as standard, make iron masterwork and limit types of armor available)

So with those things in mind, what I am looking for is any sort of idea that would help me run adventures in a setting such as this. Anything from hooks to interesting places to tips on running a setting such as this. Thanks!

wakazashi.juice
2008-04-24, 07:48 PM
What if magic were a relatively new thing? It just appeared in the world, and people are very interested and experiment with this new thing. It'd explain why it is so common but not every city/town is like those in Eberron.

Kizara
2008-04-24, 08:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d47gTUNY86k

^^

Inspiration.

black dragoon
2008-04-25, 09:29 PM
Hm. Definatley ramped up the diffuculty level for me. Greek mythos was never astrong suit of mine. But,yeah IT's got better potential than many ideas.