PDA

View Full Version : Bard + Druid

Skjaldbakka
2008-04-24, 10:39 PM
What class feature of Druid would you recommend taking away to give it Bardic music, if you wanted to do that?

I am wanting my character to keep wildshape so I can take Cheetah's Speed, and I'd like to have a cheetah animal companion as well.

arkanis
2008-04-24, 10:46 PM
Bardic music? Just the 1st level of it or all the stuff that comes with it as Perform ranks increase?

You could try taking away their Animal Companion.

You could also try cutting their spells in half like a Ranger.

Skjaldbakka
2008-04-24, 10:53 PM
You know what, never mind. It occurs to me that taking the defining features of two classes and putting them into the same class is probably a bad idea anyway. Plus, I can just take Haste and Summon Nature's Ally on a Savage Bard and kinda fill the same goals of 'animal companion' and 'fast like cheetah'.

Unless there is a feat that grants an animal companion?

MeklorIlavator
2008-04-24, 10:55 PM
The Simple Bard Variant Does the following:
Simple Variant
A rare bard might display a special link to nature and the mysterious world of the fey. Such characters tend to be more aloof and less inspiring than standard bards.
Gain
Animal companion (as druid), nature sense (as druid), resist nature's lure (as druid), wild empathy (as druid).
Lose
Bardic knowledge, inspire courage, inspire competence, inspire greatness, inspire heroics.

Which seems what you want, in reverse, so you might be able to build off that.

And there is a natural bond/cohort/something feat which does something similar to what your talking about. I can't remember the name of the feat. Might check in the regular gaming forum.

RTGoodman
2008-04-24, 11:16 PM
The Simple Bard Variant Meklor mentioned seems like the thing to base this off of, if you're going to switch stuff around.

Unless there is a feat that grants an animal companion?

The feat you're looking for is Wild Cohort (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031118a), from the WotC website.