PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for life.

Zoe
2008-04-24, 11:03 PM
I was just wondering what everyone does after they die in dnd and the dm tells them to not make a new character. I surf the net waiting for my character to come back to life some how.

monty
2008-04-24, 11:09 PM
Virtually every session we have, at least one person can't come, and somebody ends up controlling that person's character in addition to their own. If I die, I just temporarily take over one of the extras.

averagejoe
2008-04-24, 11:09 PM
I was just wondering what everyone does after they die in dnd and the dm tells them to not make a new character. I surf the net waiting for my character to come back to life some how.

This has never happened to me. We're usually pretty chill about the whole thing, and will usually choose fun in favor of verisimilitude. I have stories about averting this, though. One game I was DMing our drow rogue was killed unexpectedly due largely to unluck, and I was about to tell him that was a bummer, but there wasn't much to be done. Then one of the other guys said, "Hey, he got level drained by a vampire last session. Maybe he comes back from the dead." It was good enough for me. I ended up bringing him back as a "Buffy vamp," which is to say a regular dude with facial deformities but no severe penalties either. I also tacked on a few bonuses, because he was a drow and could use the boost. Good times.

Hal
2008-04-24, 11:19 PM
Don't have much experience with this one. The one time my character died, I had to roll up a new one. In the meantime, I took control of the DM's NPC. This was rather crummy, as the DM was pretty strict about what I could and couldn't do with the character. Nothing better than a character you can't actually play.

skywalker
2008-04-24, 11:24 PM
Roll a new one and wait for a story opportunity to crop up?

Also, play Neverwinter Nights.

The same guy did both things.

Oh, also, whine at the rest of the table to quit the dungeon so he could come back. Altho that was a different person.