PDA

View Full Version : Mr. T

Alebeard_Thunderax
2008-04-24, 11:42 PM
I think we need to have another tarrasque discussion. Not about how to kill him though, as everyone and their grandmother knows how to do that with a fifth-level party and a herd of wild goats. The idea is to keep him in that state of non-death, and then have a perpetual harvest.

My low-magic (but high capital) solution is a waterwheel powered megahammer mounted on a massive cam system. Just knock him out, and throw down the hammer. The cam system keeps it rotating, and it should do enough damage to keep him mostly dead. All you need to do is enchant the 16-ton warhammer to a cool +5, and of course set up the ridiculous contraption.

Now that we have the beast perpetually down for the count, I say we can make serious money off of its hide. As written in the sacred texts, any limbs severed will decay naturally. This implies that it is possible to penetrate the hide. If you can penetrate the hide, you should be able to flay it as well. Personally, I would love a Tarrasque-hide shield.

Question is, would it retain the abilities of the living skin? The description states that it reflects spells, which means to me that it is just shiny (in the same way that aluminum foil deflects brain probes). Even if it doesn't give armor damage reduction/immunities/regeneration, at the very least it should stay shiny. A nigh infinite source of spell reflection for kids of all ages sound like fun for any campaign setting.

Collin152
2008-04-24, 11:43 PM
I expected B.A.Baracas...

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-04-24, 11:47 PM
Level 13 unarmed Halfling Crusader/Cleric. Deal infinite damage with one strike. all of that becomes non-lethal, so he is unconscious until he can regenerate infinite -658 damage. That should happen in about infinite years. Long enough to set up your Tarrasque BBQ, eh?

Edit: @ Collin152, who do you think is the infinite-damage Crusader?

monty
2008-04-24, 11:48 PM
I admit, I haven't seen that hack before. Please explain.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-04-24, 11:56 PM
Crusader with Aura of Chaos. Reroll every time you roll max damage, cascading. Cleric with Imbued Healing: Luck. All ones rolled are turned into twos. Unarmed Halfling. Base damage:1d2. Strike, roll damage. If a 1 or a 2 is rolled, reroll and add the results. If another 1 or 2 is rolled, re-roll and add the results. Repeat. Final damage? Infinite. And the enemy isn't even dead, so they can't be resurrected, healed, or even Wished back to life. :smallcool:

Chronos
2008-04-25, 12:02 AM
And the enemy isn't even dead, so they can't be resurrected, healed, or even Wished back to life.Yeah, but you can still bring them back by sticking their head in a bucket of water and then casting Cure Minor Wounds.

Rutee
2008-04-25, 12:14 AM
Edit: @ Collin152, who do you think is the infinite-damage Crusader?

Mr. T will toss any fool who thinks he's a halfling.

skywalker
2008-04-25, 12:46 AM
I expected B.A.Baracas...

Me too :smallannoyed:

On a more on-topic note, I don't think it would retain any of the abilities of the Tarrasque. Because the tarrasque is the source of all the magic. Maybe it would automatically make +5 hide if used to make armor or shields. I dunno. When you make armor out of a dragon's hide, you don't get it's stuff. :smallfrown:

Mewtarthio
2008-04-25, 12:58 AM
I've actually seen this in another topic (http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=261519). They went the dystopia route with it: Decadent, immortal nobles, the screams and quakes of the tortured beast at the center of the city, and horrible mutants corrupted by constant exposure to the Tarrasque's bodily fluids.

I particularly like a later suggestion: In the Tarrasque's absence, its true prey has matured to a far stronger point than it has ever been able to grow. One day, the Tarrasque's cries of pain and rage are replaced with cries of terror...

TheCountAlucard
2008-04-25, 01:07 AM
I've always houseruled it that dragonhide armor has immunity to the energy type that the dragon it was harvested from is immune to. Red dragonhide armor won't get damaged by fire; black dragonhide won't get damaged by acid (although the same might not be true for the wearer! :smalleek:)

Admiral Squish
2008-04-25, 01:53 AM
No, no, you don't make shields of it's skin, you make shields of it's SHELL. Or armor. Both, if it's regen-ing the shell too. The carapace is what does the reflecting. I suspect full-plate made of tarrasque-shell would keep the reflective properties, and probably have some spikes, even.

If a wish or miracle spell keeps it dead, why couldn't it keep it forever asleep?

Tsotha-lanti
2008-04-25, 02:30 AM
I ain't getting on no plane, Hannibal!

And no, it wouldn't retain the abilities. It'd probably just make for masterwork equipment, more or less like dragonhide.

TheDright
2008-04-25, 02:48 AM
There is a feat in the Draconomicon called Dragoncrafter that allows you to make shields and armour made from dragonhide which will give you energy resitances. Normally, only the shields and armour are supposed to be immune to the energy effect.