PDA

View Full Version : Frontier Space Setting

NotCC
2008-04-25, 09:58 AM
Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages.........er well anyway. I am looking for a good campaign setting for futuristic space colinization. Think Firefly. People have had to leave Earth and search for a new world to colonize, but new planets don't come with all the amenities of home so your going to have to rough it until some form of civilization can be built.

Any suggestions?

Tsotha-lanti
2008-04-25, 10:02 AM
GURPS for the system, make your own setting. Best RPG system for gritty/hard SF out there. (Although I still resent that GURPS Vehicles didn't seem to make any notes about the practical limits of in-atmosphere airspeeds of spacecraft with superscience thrusters. Your super-strong hulls are going to break down at certain speeds and accelerations, and if they don't, you'll be causing hurricanes and tsunamis...)

Krrth
2008-04-25, 10:05 AM
I'm fond of the Hero system rules, myself. Star Hero is kinda fun. Take a loot at the Terran Empire or Xenovore rules. They used to have free samples of story lines available on the website.

Wagadodo
2008-04-25, 10:09 AM
The first one that comes to my mind is the Serenity RPG put out by Margaret Weis Productions. It uses a new gaming system that uses d2 to d10. No more d20's to worry about.

I always liked the feel of the old West End Games d6 version of Star Wars. That would easily adaptiable.

Attilargh
2008-04-25, 10:15 AM
I always liked the feel of the old West End Games d6 version of Star Wars. That would easily adaptiable.
There's also a generic sci-fi version (http://www.westendgames.com/d6_space.asp) of the system, also by WEG. The Fires of Amatsurama setting on the bottom of the page looks about just what the NotCC was looking for.

Ędit: Huh, the preview of the book says it's a standalone product with a really streamlined version of the d6 Space system. Neat.