PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom of Loathing

Mauve Shirt
2008-04-25, 11:07 AM
How many people here play?

I want to start a GITP clan on kol, but it's pointless if there's only 3 active players. Any interest?

curtis
2008-04-25, 11:15 AM
I do, but I already own my own clan. It has about 5 members though, so I'd join.

Eita
2008-04-25, 11:16 AM
I had a pastamancer. Or a sauceror. Whatever. The point is, is that I had one. But, someone hacked my account or something because I can no longer log in. The e-mail that I used to create it is no longer in the "player database", whatever that is.

Mauve Shirt
2008-04-25, 01:22 PM
Ok, so that's 5 members so far including myself. I'm going to need more than that.
Could you also give me your kol usernames, or tell me if it's the same as yours here?

MrEdwardNigma
2008-04-25, 01:48 PM
I'm on KoL. I'm MrEdwardNigma there too.
Just a non-ascended pastamancer though.

DR.Fealing
2008-04-25, 03:17 PM
I'm in. The character in question would be a gentlemen by the name of Big Jo.

This is my second ascension, but I didn't save any meat before ascending. Basically that means I'm a penniless 3rd level saucerer on teetotaler with 866 more turns of ronin.:smalltongue:

Quincunx
2008-04-25, 03:18 PM
Eita--you're deleted after three months of inactivity, y'know.

Wizard Guy
2008-04-25, 04:57 PM
I play, I am a Pastamancer and I go by the name ZombieBrian. I belong to a small clan but if you guys do make a clan I would join.

ReluctantReaper
2008-04-25, 05:01 PM
is it a online game...I would join if it is

Bitzeralisis
2008-04-25, 06:03 PM
Ohh, yay, KoL! Fun game and a huge waste of time. :smalltongue:

I suggest that everyone should post the names of their characters, their number of ascensions, current class, level, and ascension path, and other information. This'll help us keep organized, and I can even make a list of everyone's names and classes if you want.

I am Sangorio, a level 11 Sauceror with no ascensions.

I am also Zeublos, a level 9 Disco Bandit with no ascensions.

If you're a beginner, I can offer you two very good tips. One, go to the KoLWiki (http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Main_Page). Two, mooch buffs off Kingdom of Buffing (http://www.mrkinks.com/buffme/index.pl). KoLWiki has a great list that shows all the area names and the minimum moxie required to not get hit there ("Safe Adventuring"), as well as keeping track of Stat Days (days that stat gains are increased) on the main page. They also give you instructions for every quest, which makes the game really easy.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-04-25, 06:42 PM
Count me in.

Blind Observer, the Sauceror / Oxycore Turtle Tamer / just finishing my Bad Moon Disco Bandit ascension (currently grinding the Battlefield, damn, do I hate Naughty Sorority Nurses when you're plinking).

I am also sitting on top of 227,000 (correction:235,000 - I just got some more) meat in this ascension, and another ~200,000 in my smoldering box, so I could fund some stuff. It would probably be better (for my Hagnk balance) if we assimilated an existing one, though.

Eurus
2008-04-25, 07:30 PM
A clan, huh? I've played off and on for a long time - I join, play through a few ascensions, get bored, and eventually retire for a while. Right now, though, I actually have a Pastamancer on his first run (ready to ascend, but holding off on it for now while I try to make a bit of meat off of chow meins) who is, so far, clanless.

Eita
2008-04-25, 08:19 PM
Eita--you're deleted after three months of inactivity, y'know.

Ah. That explains it. Any way to get it back? He wasn't exactly high level, but god dammit he was a familiar face.

Mauve Shirt
2008-04-25, 11:12 PM
Woo! Making a clan then! I shall try to run it well.

Edit: It is created, it is called GITP. Anyone who cares to join, I would ask that you make a contribution to the coffer so that I can buy us some rumpus room goodies. If you're too poor to contribute, you can join anyway, but if you can, please do.

Eldritch_Ent
2008-04-26, 05:36 AM
I already have Tenure in my old clan.

Ziren
2008-04-26, 07:52 AM
Ah. That explains it. Any way to get it back? He wasn't exactly high level, but god dammit he was a familiar face.

Sorry, but no. But you can create another character with the same name, since the old one doesn't exist anymore.

TheCountAlucard
2008-04-26, 08:33 AM
I admit, I've never ascended. I do too much putzing around; I spend thirty-six Adventures a day on the Barrel Full of Barrels, and another forty Bounty-Hunting (saving up for a Pompadour'd Puppy or Book of Transcendant Olfaction, already got the full bounty-hunting gear).

Illiterate Scribe
2008-04-26, 08:56 AM
Damn. I'm a sucker for charity-cases. :smallwink:

Also, anyone else have a store at the mall? I can act as our merchants, if that would be of use.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-04-26, 09:10 AM
I admit, I've never ascended. I do too much putzing around; I spend thirty-six Adventures a day on the Barrel Full of Barrels, and another forty Bounty-Hunting (saving up for a Pompadour'd Puppy or Book of Transcendant Olfaction, already got the full bounty-hunting gear).
Yeah, the bounty hunting sucks up forty (or usually more..) adventures a day for me too. I hardly have any adventures left in the end, but I'm not that active, so I don't mind.

Damn. I'm a sucker for charity-cases. :smallwink:

Also, anyone else have a store at the mall? I can act as our merchants, if that would be of use.
I own the MrE Shoppe.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-04-26, 09:21 AM
I own the MrE Shoppe.

Well, I must deliberately undercut you, then.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-04-26, 09:25 AM
Well, I must deliberately undercut you, then.
What do you mean? :smallconfused:

Illiterate Scribe
2008-04-26, 09:31 AM
What do you mean? :smallconfused:

My approach to the KoL market economy is to sell everything for 10% cheaper than it is already available for. Sure, it's not as lucrative, but it shifts those fire flowers etc.

Tirian
2008-04-26, 09:38 AM

As someone said before, no. But if its clone has a Mr. A (or an equivalent epic item) for one backup, it will never be deleted. Just one of the many advantages of helping Jick keep gas in his solid gold car.

And if anyone is lurking in this thread wondering if they should play KoL: yes, yes you should.

Wizard Guy
2008-04-26, 10:04 AM
I have a store, I haven't done any thing with it in a while but for a while I was making plenty of meat in the Divine Party Favor market.

ReluctantReaper
2008-04-26, 11:02 AM
I am ReluctantReaper a Acordian theif

Mauve Shirt
2008-04-26, 11:56 AM
My store is Free Tibet! Get your Free Tibet Right Here!

I'm currently trying to get several billion meat. My goal is to collect all of the They Might Be Giants references in the game, and 4 of them are ultra-rares. :smallfrown: I already bought a Crazy Bastard Sword though.

Most of my meat is coming from improved booze, astral mushrooms and IOTMs.

Eita
2008-04-26, 01:06 PM
My approach to the KoL market economy is to sell everything for 10% cheaper than it is already available for. Sure, it's not as lucrative, but it shifts those fire flowers etc.

You stole my idea! I sold 4 leaf clovers at 100 meat less then everyone else. They sold out in literally less then a second.

skywalker
2008-04-26, 01:23 PM
Man, I hadn't play this game in forever!

Now you guys are making me want to play again, and exams start in (checks watch) three days! If my grades suffer because I get hooked on damned Kingdom of Loathing because of you, there'll be the baatezu to pay!

EDIT: I am skywalker, and I have applied for your clan.

Icewalker
2008-04-26, 02:03 PM
KOL...interesting game. It gets a little boring, I found. Starts to get too repetitive and a little uninteresting. I really love the ascension mechanic, but eh.

Reptilius
2008-04-26, 02:10 PM
Sweet! I'm currently on my fifth ascension (Teetotaler). I'm a Pastamancer named Reptilius. I'm the head of a (now one person) clan called Organization XIV.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-04-26, 02:58 PM
Sorry Reptilius, but, like the sneaky bastard I am, I jumped ship. :smallbiggrin:

Eurus
2008-04-26, 03:12 PM
My store is Smithers' Store of Surplus Sundries. Despite the name, the only thing I actually sell right now is chow mein, and I only restock every few days, so most of the time its empty... X_X Makes me a bit of cash, though - at the moment, I've got around 475,000 meat. It's not a lot, but I'm hoping that eventually I'll have a good nest egg saved up.

Eita
2008-04-26, 03:38 PM
I'm back! Eita is his name. Currently, he's only a level two sauceror. If I get magicalness-in-a-can and such, I should be able to join the clan today.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-04-26, 03:44 PM
Check your inbox, Eita. That should get you in, although I've just remembered that knob ka-bobs have a level requirement, but the fries should do.

Eita
2008-04-26, 05:02 PM
Alas, I shall have to wait until rollover to consume them.

Also, the kabobs do have a level cap. Of level 10.

Eldritch_Ent
2008-04-26, 07:45 PM
Man, I've been playing KoL for so long... I've almost got enough for my Radio Free Regalia set. (Again...)

Alas, nobody has sent me a kmail or the like. Would it help if I promised free goodies to GITPers? :smalltongue:

No? Ahh well. Time to get back to badmooning.

Nnanji
2008-04-26, 08:27 PM
I've been playing a bit recently, but I feel like I'm not getting the hang of the game. I'm a lvl 12 Turtle Tamer and I have saved about 0 money. Is getting a shop the way to earn cash? I spend most of mine keeping myself healed, although that's changing since I started getting scrolls of healing from the airship.

Mauve Shirt
2008-04-26, 08:31 PM
This is the pot calling the kettle black, but try to use galaktik as little as possible, he's pricier than most of the healing available.
Most of my meat comes from my store. Selling stuff is the quickest way to get meat.

Naleh
2008-04-26, 09:36 PM
Huh. I started playing just a few days ago, and suddenly, it's on GitP.

I'm Naleh, Seal Clubber, and also Mlecus, Sauceress. (I couldn't live with just 40 turns a day. :smallfrown:)

skywalker
2008-04-26, 11:02 PM
Huh. I started playing just a few days ago, and suddenly, it's on GitP.

I'm Naleh, Seal Clubber, and also Mlecus, Sauceress. (I couldn't live with just 40 turns a day. :smallfrown:)

Not many can, my friend. Not many can.

Mojo, I will kmail you, if I can figure out what that is.

Bitzeralisis
2008-04-27, 01:01 AM
I want to save up for the meat orchid. :/ :\ :|

50K meat... is it worth it? Referring to the store, of course.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-04-27, 03:39 AM
I've been playing a bit recently, but I feel like I'm not getting the hang of the game. I'm a lvl 12 Turtle Tamer and I have saved about 0 money. Is getting a shop the way to earn cash? I spend most of mine keeping myself healed, although that's changing since I started getting scrolls of healing from the airship.

On the Battlefield, complete no sidequests, and just grind your way through the many, many, frat boys/hippies, and trade in their stuff for the 5 dime/quarter item that sells for 1000 meat. I've made hundreds of thousands that way.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-04-27, 04:02 AM
Sweet! I'm currently on my fifth ascension (Teetotaler). I'm a Pastamancer named Reptilius. I'm the head of a (now one person) clan called Organization XIV.

Does that have any benifits, being the only person left in your clan?
I'm in this really rotten clan where no-one ever really does anything, and pretty much everyone has been leader except me. They've just been handing it down all this time, more and more leaders dissapearing so they had to be replaced. There were three of us left, and recently (Februari) the clan leader dissapeared. He was replaced by the only other clan member but me (though I don't know why...). This guy doesn't seem very active either, so it's likely he might dissapear sometime soon, but is it worth waiting for? Can I cash in if I'm the only one left in a clan?

Either way, I've started using up my humongous amount of clan karma, and as soon as I have none left I will likely transfer to the GITP clan.

ReluctantReaper
2008-04-27, 09:10 AM
what do familliar's do, and how do you get them?

Reptilius
2008-04-27, 09:12 AM
Does that have any benifits, being the only person left in your clan?
I'm in this really rotten clan where no-one ever really does anything, and pretty much everyone has been leader except me. They've just been handing it down all this time, more and more leaders dissapearing so they had to be replaced. There were three of us left, and recently (Februari) the clan leader dissapeared. He was replaced by the only other clan member but me (though I don't know why...). This guy doesn't seem very active either, so it's likely he might dissapear sometime soon, but is it worth waiting for? Can I cash in if I'm the only one left in a clan?

Either way, I've started using up my humongous amount of clan karma, and as soon as I have none left I will likely transfer to the GITP clan.

Well, you can still use the gym, get boosts, pick up meat, etc., but being leader is okay. For instance, I can change all the clan ranks and no one will be able to stop me!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!

Illiterate Scribe
2008-04-27, 09:14 AM
what do familliar's do, and how do you get them?

Enter the cheatbook. (http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Main_Page)

Mauve Shirt
2008-04-27, 09:20 AM
I want to save up for the meat orchid. :/ :\ :|

50K meat... is it worth it? Referring to the store, of course.

SO worth it. My store has made me at least 40 million meat over the 2 years I've played. Granted, I deal in IOTMs, but STILL really worth it.

Also, people who have joined, I have bought some furniture for our rumpus room. Now I'd like to fill the remaining space with a meat orchid. As the klaw machine came out of my own pocket, it would be nice if some others contributed.
However, a lot of you are either new or in some hardcore variant. When you can. You will be rewarded with superhuman booze.

ReluctantReaper
2008-04-27, 09:33 AM
Does it matter what weapon you use?

MrEdwardNigma
2008-04-27, 09:46 AM
Have you ever played a game where it didn't matter? :smallconfused:

ReluctantReaper
2008-04-27, 10:47 AM
um....I suppose not..

Ziren
2008-04-27, 11:14 AM

Ranged weapons use moxie to hit, meele weapons use muscle and utensils and chefstaves use muscle as well but they boost your spell damage. Also note that good weapons enchantments are usually better than a high power.

So:
Seal Clubber/Turtle Tamer: Use meele weapons that boost your meele damage and a shield in your off-hand do reduce damage taken.

Pastamancer/Saucerer: Equip utensils or a chefstave. Then use spells. (The Pastamancers most important spell is "Entangling Noodles", for saucerers the Saucespheres are very useful).

Disco Bandit/Accordion Thief: Use ranged weapons. Boost your moxie and meele damage (yeah, this works with ranged weapons, and I'm not complaining about it).

Illiterate Scribe
2008-04-27, 11:21 AM
Pastamancer/Saucerer: Equip utensils or a chefstave. Then use spells. (The Pastamancers most important spell is "Entangling Noodles", for saucerers the Saucespheres are very useful).

I have to echo this. I made a staff of the grande flambe on my first sauceror and the results, together with saucegeyser, wtfpwned the NS.

ReluctantReaper
2008-04-27, 11:26 AM
What is an accordian exactly?

ReluctantReaper
2008-04-27, 11:34 AM
What is an accordian exactly?

Mauve Shirt
2008-04-27, 11:40 AM
Accordions are ranged.

itsmeyouidiot
2008-04-27, 12:56 PM
This is my alltime favorite game.

If it weren't for the KoL forums, I wouldn't have found this website. My in-game name is itsmeyouidiot.

The only thing I don't like is the fact that they got rid of the "cone of whatever" pastamancer spell. Instead of "cone of cold" they have "cone of ex-girlfreinds." (not that I wuold know anything about that subject. :smalltongue:)

P.S. I think I've found the orgins of the Naughty Sorceress. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0166.html) Maybe she learned her spell and item-blocking techniques after she was shown how useful they are.

nothingclever
2008-04-27, 08:42 PM
I'm also nothingclever ingame and level 4 seal clubber.
I played this a long time ago but then I lost interest since I wasn't in a clan or anything.

Jayngfet
2008-04-27, 08:47 PM
love this game, 16th level seal clubber dual wielding black swords.:smallbiggrin:

skywalker
2008-04-27, 10:26 PM
SO worth it. My store has made me at least 40 million meat over the 2 years I've played. Granted, I deal in IOTMs, but STILL really worth it.

Also, people who have joined, I have bought some furniture for our rumpus room. Now I'd like to fill the remaining space with a meat orchid. As the klaw machine came out of my own pocket, it would be nice if some others contributed.
However, a lot of you are either new or in some hardcore variant. When you can. You will be rewarded with superhuman booze.

Is it worth having the orchid instead of a calender? The way I see it, meat is easy to get more of, adventures not so much?

Thoughts?

Bitzeralisis
2008-04-27, 11:10 PM
One adventure can almost never get you 1,500 meat. Then again, the desk calendar and the meat orchid are differently-priced, so I'll have to look into that to find the "true worth" of either furniture item.

Mauve Shirt
2008-04-27, 11:14 PM
And it's not like it matters for a person in HC, you don't get extra adventures OR meat. I've already put 1 or 2 +adventure pieces in the rumpus room.
I would prefer the meat orchid, but I've already said I'm saving up meat for something rather expensive.

MeTheGameGuy
2008-04-28, 05:52 AM
I love Kingdom of Loathing. The descriptions are hilarious. The only problem is I run out of adventures too fast... I'm a Pastamancer named MeTheGameMakingGuy. (Yeah, my web names tend to have that theme...)

skywalker
2008-04-28, 11:04 PM
And it's not like it matters for a person in HC, you don't get extra adventures OR meat. I've already put 1 or 2 +adventure pieces in the rumpus room.
I would prefer the meat orchid, but I've already said I'm saving up meat for something rather expensive.

Yes, I noticed that earlier. Hadn't noticed the self-help books, and didn't realize that the orchid gave that much meat(back in my day, meat trees didn't give much meat... /codger)

Do you mean you're saving for something... personal?

Athaniar
2008-04-30, 05:23 AM
I started playing KoL after reading this thread, and I have to say it is really fun, with all those wacky descriptions of stuff. I'm Inilletrot (read it backwards) the Pastamancer (just level 3 so far). The only bad thing is that you only get 40 adventures/day. But you can't get everything, can you?

EDIT: Anybody ever tried homebrewing something from KoL into D&D? If so, that would be interesting to see.

Mauve Shirt
2008-04-30, 06:00 PM
Do you mean you're saving for something... personal?

I'm saving up for 3 ultra rares to complete my collection of They Might Be Giants references. The chances of me ever getting a counterclockwise watch are extraordinarily slim.

Fostire
2008-04-30, 06:26 PM
I used to play this game a long time ago, i got a permanent account too so i should still have it.

Yep, still have it. Might as well star playing again.

Looks like i got kicked out of my old clan for inactivity, so ill try joining for the GITP one.
My ingame name is LordRod

Mauve Shirt
2008-04-30, 07:13 PM
We have a meat orchid now.
Thank you those who contributed!
I will try to make this a fun clan. Next week. When finals are over.

Coplantor
2008-05-09, 09:33 PM
I have my old account too, i'll check it and join the GITP. In KoL, i use my computer RPG name: Puker. It has nothing to do with puke, but when I was 10 and knew no english, it sounded cool... Stupid child me... By the way lordRod, seems like I was also kicked out from the clan, those filthy... Well, I still have all the buffs they gaved me.

skywalker
2008-05-09, 10:20 PM
I'm digging the meat orchid. *eats words*

I have to ask, why would any other clan be stupid enough to attack us for one bag of goodies when we have a phantom trollbooth? Is there some mechanic I'm missing here?

Coplantor
2008-05-09, 10:23 PM
I never understood how the clan vs clan thing works, can someone explain it to me?

Fostire
2008-05-10, 08:36 AM
I'm digging the meat orchid. *eats words*

I have to ask, why would any other clan be stupid enough to attack us for one bag of goodies when we have a phantom trollbooth? Is there some mechanic I'm missing here?

If we have no defenses it wins they will definetly win therefor increasing their win/loss ratio and rising in the clan record boards

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-10, 08:49 AM
LordRod's idea. I'm skeptical.

Fostire
2008-05-10, 10:37 AM
I cant take credit. That is something my previous clan did and it seemed to work for them.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-05-11, 11:46 AM
So, what do people think of the new clan content that Jick's promised? Hopefully, I'll be high enough level again to help out as a Sauceror, but I definitely think that we should invest in it when it comes out.

UglyPanda
2008-05-12, 06:37 PM
I will give a Fly-By-Knight Heraldry Form to whoever in the GITP clan gives me the most amusing request and/or bribe.

skywalker
2008-05-12, 08:13 PM
I will give a Fly-By-Knight Heraldry Form to whoever in the GITP clan gives me the most amusing request and/or bribe.

What's your KoL name? Will you take amusing bribes?

What amuses you?

MrEdwardNigma
2008-05-24, 08:10 AM
All right, I've finally become leader of my clan and will now proceed to loot everything I can and then move to the Giantitp clan (Don't worry, my clan only had one member left, so I didn't harm anybody by robbing the place).

My name is MrEdwardNigma there too, so please accept me into the clan.

Worira
2008-05-25, 09:32 AM
I have also applied. Also worira.

Inhuman Bot
2008-05-28, 05:47 PM
Can you get adventures back? I ran out, so I want to know if I can do anything else.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-05-28, 06:10 PM
Yes, you regain 40 each day at 4:00 AM GMT. You also get ~5 for certain clan items (which we have), and food, alcohol, and wads will increase that number too, although you can only eat/drink/chew so many per day.

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-28, 06:11 PM
Can you get adventures back? I ran out, so I want to know if I can do anything else.

Eating and drinking. If you're already full and drunk, then you have to wait for tomorrow.

Inhuman Bot
2008-05-28, 06:13 PM
Also what is george washingtons favorite horse? I'am not american so I can't figure it out. Oh yes, And if it matters, I'am Slaan the level 3 pastamancer.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-05-28, 06:20 PM
Mauveshirt - how are we going to be approaching this whole Hobopolis thing? Currently, we've got 6.1 million meat, which, from some asking around, puts us ahead of the game savings-wise, but how are we going to approach other resources? As promised, I've a ton of saucepotions (I accidentally made 42 Tomato Juices of Powerful Power - that's 210/420/630 turns of +50% on all stats, and still have 55 reagents in stock) - any requests for flavour?

Also, collaboration-wise, shall we go with clan boards, chat, or these ones? I've tried using chat, but noone is ever on, so it's debatable what we should use it.

Tirian
2008-05-28, 06:32 PM
Also what is george washingtons favorite horse? I'am not american so I can't figure it out.

The point is that maybe you shouldn't have access to the prize if you can't figure it out on your own. But read the question again. Out loud if need be.

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-28, 06:35 PM
You should use the clan boards. Slightly Evil is pretty much in charge of the hobopolis operation, though much of the meat is coming out of my pocket. :smallannoyed: According to him, we need ~ 10 mill. And he doesn't get on GITP enough. For specific questions you can just kmail him.
Might make it a rule to enter the clan chat when you sign on. I did say that it's important to have an active chat.

The potions, just keep making reagents. I expect we won't know exactly what we need until the content does roll out. Tomato Juice is good. You should probably make a few of the ones that boost specific stats, but saving reagents is probably the best bet.

Anyone with advanced saucecrafting, pastamastery, or superhuman cocktailcrafting, use those skills every day and save the ingredients unless you need to use them for yourself, or if you're selling the products for meat. Improved booze and high miens sell high. Hells, even advanced cocktails usually get you over 1000.

Eita
2008-05-28, 07:18 PM
Also what is george washingtons favorite horse? I'am not american so I can't figure it out. Oh yes, And if it matters, I'am Slaan the level 3 pastamancer.

It's asking the color of his favorite white horse. Unless English isn't your first language, you should be able to figure it out.

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-28, 07:29 PM
Nelson!!!!!
Why are you asking about it in the kol thread?

Nibleswick
2008-05-29, 12:00 AM
Haven't played in a while, this thread got me back into the game. so I thought I aught to hang around and have some fun.

mechanicalmarz
2008-05-29, 05:50 AM
Can I get a nice and cosy place in the rumpus room?

I be MechanicalArm with 2 ascensions so far, ready for the 3rd soon...

Ziren
2008-05-29, 06:04 AM
I'm Neft on KoL, and I'll join the clan together with a friend (he isn't on this forum) as soon as he has finished his HCO-run and can take his stuff from the current clan stash. He's currently doing the island quest, so it shouldn't take too long.

Inhuman Bot
2008-05-29, 09:09 AM
@Eita

Actually, I english is my 2nd language. I know it well, but apperantly not well enough.

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-29, 02:27 PM
You guys have to apply, I'm not going to search for you.
And PLEASE everyone, kmail me your names from here if I don't have you labeled yet, I don't want to have to search through this thread for matches. I will take away your ability to use the stash if you do not do so.

Inhuman Bot
2008-05-30, 10:27 AM
Ummm... Whats kmail? and is their any way for a person to get alot of turns, as in more then 40? (aside from like 2 from booze and food). I don't want to have to get another email adress for only annother KoL acount, and I burn through turns like mad.

mechanicalmarz
2008-05-30, 11:43 AM
You will find everything and more here (http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Main_Page).

Kmail is the "built in" message system of KoL.

Eurus
2008-05-30, 11:46 AM
and is their any way for a person to get alot of turns, as in more then 40? (aside from like 2 from booze and food). I don't want to have to get another email adress for only annother KoL acount, and I burn through turns like mad.

2? Heh, you must still be at a very low level. Once you start getting some Meat and levels under your belt, you can get some pretty neat food. Chow Mein, for instance; you can eat 3 a day (4 with Stomach of Steel), and they give you around 20-30 (not sure exactly) adventures each. Plus a whole bunch of substat points.

Inhuman Bot
2008-05-30, 12:03 PM
Low level? hah!

well... yeah pretty much. I'am only a spegehtai Sage

Illiterate Scribe
2008-05-30, 01:43 PM
2? Heh, you must still be at a very low level. Once you start getting some Meat and levels under your belt, you can get some pretty neat food. Chow Mein, for instance; you can eat 3 a day (4 with Stomach of Steel), and they give you around 20-30 (not sure exactly) adventures each. Plus a whole bunch of substat points.

Also, if you out-mox them, then you can quite easily keep fighting the entire time, without giving up adventures for resting.

Nnanji
2008-06-05, 01:53 PM
I just wanted to pop back in and say thanks for the advice re: healing and not spending my money at Dr. Galaktiks. That really helped me out. I ascended for the first time recently (yah!) and restarted as a sauceror. I was wondering if your clan was still accepting apps? I would really like to take advantage of the hobopolis content, and the forums seem to indicate that being part of a good clan is important for that. If you are accepting just let me know who to KMail. Thanks a bunch!

nnanji

Illiterate Scribe
2008-06-05, 03:40 PM
We certainly are accepting - kmail ELQ (MauveShirt here) and you'll be let in. We need all the Saucerors we can get (say the sauceror chauvinist ...), so come along!

What's your account name, btw?

mechanicalmarz
2008-06-06, 03:53 AM
Although I'm always reading the radio transcripts over at kol forums, the whole "clan dungeon diving" thing coming with Hobopolis somehow eluded me.

What do you guys know about that?

Nnanji
2008-06-06, 07:36 AM
Fantastic! My account name is also nnanji in KOL.

I don't know too much about hobopolis, but I gather that it's high-level content for clans. It's not suppossed to interfere too much with ascending, so I guess it's fairly optional. I also saw that in a couple of weeks NS-15 is rolling out. If they're not joking, doesn't that mean two more levels of quests and skills?

Ziren
2008-06-06, 08:38 AM
Fantastic! My account name is also nnanji in KOL.

I don't know too much about hobopolis, but I gather that it's high-level content for clans. It's not suppossed to interfere too much with ascending, so I guess it's fairly optional. I also saw that in a couple of weeks NS-15 is rolling out. If they're not joking, doesn't that mean two more levels of quests and skills?

Whoever told you that was either clueless or a dirty, dirty liar.

mechanicalmarz
2008-06-06, 09:00 AM
It's not coming.

2 weeks is an ongoing joke, about the new NS, and yet unreleased content.

I guess it will be at least years, before a new NS rolls out.

Also it is pretty big business, not just a simple update. So imagine it like a new edition of dnd for example.

Ziren
2008-06-06, 02:20 PM
It's not coming.

2 weeks is an ongoing joke, about the new NS, and yet unreleased content.

I guess it will be at least years, before a new NS rolls out.

Also it is pretty big business, not just a simple update. So imagine it like a new edition of dnd for example.

Wasn't there recently a comment on the radio show that they will never make NS 15 because it would take too long to finish an ascension for a game that "restarts" so often?

mechanicalmarz
2008-06-06, 02:31 PM
That one skipped me too.

Personally I think they will do it. I've spent some time around the forums (70% lurking) and what I've noticed is that though the community is a totally awesome bunch of folks, they are hell of an angry mob with pitchforks.

They will murder Jick and Co if they won't do it.

Take the mayfly neckalce (it was last months extra, pay for it item) for example. The community whined so much it sucked, that it was made more powerful. Now I do admit, the fact the creators are so "in touch" with the playerbase is fine, but their actions/decisions shouldn't be overwriten by the whining of the common folk.

Mauve Shirt
2008-06-07, 03:12 PM
The game was originally intended to be 15 levels. They WILL upgrade, but not in two weeks.

Ziren
2008-06-15, 07:54 AM
Sooooooo... today I found out that you can't withdraw meat from the clan stash in any way. Guess who still has 2.000.000 meat in the coffer of his old two-person clan. Oh well, it's not like I can do anything about it now...

mechanicalmarz
2008-06-16, 03:46 PM
Hobopolis here WE COME!!!!!!!!!! (soon)

Can't wait...

Mauve Shirt
2008-06-16, 06:22 PM
:smallbiggrin: It's gonna be cool.

Eldritch_Ent
2008-06-16, 11:55 PM
Oh hey, Hobopolis opened on the 16th, right on schedule.

Cool stuff inside. 10 million to open it though. Pretty pricey.

GrassyGnoll
2008-06-17, 12:37 AM
Only heard about KoL yesterday, but I'm already interested. I torn between Seal Clubber and Accordion Thief. I'll get to rolling one up tomorrow.

Dumbledore lives
2008-06-17, 02:16 AM
I'd like to join the clan if I could. I'm just a noob but I can get better eventually. How might I go about this? Sorry I can't be bothered reading through five pages of stuff. User name is Untitled1.

mechanicalmarz
2008-06-17, 03:41 AM
Man, never before I've been so scarred of goldfish.

So, anyone knows what is going on?

Between geetting my ass kicked by fish, and collecting nuggets, not much seem to happen.

Ziren
2008-06-17, 03:46 AM
I'd like to join the clan if I could. I'm just a noob but I can get better eventually. How might I go about this? Sorry I can't be bothered reading through five pages of stuff. User name is Untitled1.

Click on The Clan District in Seaside Town, search for the clan GITP and send an application.

thevorpalbunny
2008-06-17, 09:21 AM
I've applied with two characters. VorpalAuroch, my crafting guy (currently a seal clubber, has all the cocktailcrafting and foodcrafting skills and pulverize) and AVorpalBunny, a random character who does stuff. I have a third character who ascends bad moon, but he probably won't join.

Fostire
2008-06-17, 09:22 AM
Man, never before I've been so scarred of goldfish.

So, anyone knows what is going on?

Between geetting my ass kicked by fish, and collecting nuggets, not much seem to happen.

Keep adventuring in the sewers and you will eventually find hobopolis

Inhuman Bot
2008-06-19, 02:01 PM
G**. DAMN. GOLDFISH!!!! :smallfurious: I go into the sewers and get knocked on my ass by a fish! I only have ahigher combat intiative then the C.H.U.Ms but I need to CLEESH them or I get 1 hit killed. Anyone know what a good level to start there is? and at least beat up isnt a problem. I got the strange leaflet's tiny house.

Coplantor
2008-06-19, 02:26 PM
I dont understand how this hobopolis works and what is the clan participation? what does the clan get's from it?

mechanicalmarz
2008-06-19, 03:49 PM
- You adventure in the sewer till you unlock Hobopolis.

- In the sewer if you get caged, a clanmate can free you (thus saving you 10 turns)

- Down in Hobopolis there are different areas, like the island war quest

-Every kill made by clan members counts toward the finsihing of that area, so basicly we fight over the same place until that area is cleared and

- a boss comes, who will drop special items, which will go in the clan stash, to be distributed

thevorpalbunny
2008-06-19, 03:57 PM
The sewer is about level 15 range, right?

mechanicalmarz
2008-06-19, 04:42 PM
Nah...I'm level 14 and doing good against the elemental hobos.

I say, you could do the sewers with level 10...if you have good equipment, some permed skills and know a few tricks about the game.

Inhuman Bot
2008-06-19, 06:08 PM
I only have meh equipment. My best item is Baron Rof l'm ao's drywall axe. Where can a level11 get good equipment? and when you adventure do you go to hobopolis or do you have to choose a certain option? I've gotten the option before. And I finnaly gave up and chewed my way out of the C.H.U.M cage. Noone was there and I was stuck for a day !>.>

Albub
2008-06-19, 06:16 PM
I'm a level 7 accordion thief on mah first run.

I still have to kill the knob goblin king. :smallredface:

Coplantor
2008-06-19, 10:00 PM
- You adventure in the sewer till you unlock Hobopolis.

- In the sewer if you get caged, a clanmate can free you (thus saving you 10 turns)

- Down in Hobopolis there are different areas, like the island war quest

-Every kill made by clan members counts toward the finsihing of that area, so basicly we fight over the same place until that area is cleared and

- a boss comes, who will drop special items, which will go in the clan stash, to be distributed

Cool. Then I shall start killing.

VForVaarsuvius
2008-07-03, 05:35 PM
I was looking for a topic about this. I play as well, but I just joined.

Coplantor
2008-07-09, 10:30 PM
Great, just great, First time hobopolis was opened, i couldnt finish the sewers, second time, the elemental hobos kicked my behind, and now, th third time, i spent like 70 adventures killing frozen hobos, enjoying my revenge, and someone else kills the boss.

On a second note, Im convincing a friendo to get an GITP account and at the same time a KOL account, so anytime from now a new playgrounder/koler should arrive.

Eldritch_Ent
2008-07-10, 07:03 AM
Hello! On my 66th run to pick up Weapon of the Pastalord. Why? So I can kill hobos!

As an accordion thief, you really can't go wrong with forging your epic weapon. It gives you more ranged damage, +11 or more moxie, and Triple-duration buffs. Considering an Accordion Thief's skills are ALL buffs, that is really, really nice.

Go talk your fellow accordion thief in your guild of shadowy arts and crafts hall, then follow his directions. The Recipe is (Hot Buttered Roll + Big Rock) + Stolen Accordion. you start with an Accordion as an AT, you get the roll from the hermit, and you get the rock by visiting the lemon party slots with a ten-leaf clover on hand. Once you have that, report back to your guild rep to open up more of the quest.