PDA

View Full Version : Oh gods, the spells...THE SPELLS!

SoD
2008-04-25, 11:52 AM
If you are going to be playing with me this Sunday, DO NOT READ! That also goes for anyone who is currently playing the Savage Tide adventure path. This could contain spoilers.

This Sunday, I am going to be playing a one-off thing, 18th level, slightly modified and extended, Wells of Darkness, the 10th module of the Savage Tide adventure path. The party: an 18th level Warmage and his cohort (orcish fighter 6/eye of gruumsh 10), a Transmuter 8/Red Wizard and cohort (samurai/thayan knight [unsure of levels]), and a cleric of boccob 5/malconvokor 9/thaumaturgist 4. The edits: instead of going to free her for the information about Demogorgon, it's for information about the Sheild of Prator (in the hands of a very big blue dragon).

The warmage is going to be taking residual spell to use on twin spelled spells, the malconvoker is going to be summoning collosal feindish spiders, and feindish t-rexes, and the transumter, well, he's got barred schools of illusion and necromancy (and then conjuration for the Red Wizard).

Put simply: any tips?

Solo
2008-04-25, 12:09 PM
1. Dwarven Paladin of Tyranny/Hexblade/Blackguard for 3x cha bonus to saves against the spells and Mettle.

2. Ozymandias, the non-core build (Tip: Invisible Displaced Flying mages are hard to hit)

3. Batman (w/Sculpted or Mastery of Shaping + Antimagic Field to exclude himself and a Metamagic Rod of Widen Spell in a closed space so they can't escape the field)

4. Druid

Azerian Kelimon
2008-04-25, 12:33 PM
Dear god...

The Red Wizard banned conjuration?

He's screwed. By hand, foot, and in all the bases, if I wasn't clear enough. That his cohort is a samurai (Assuming it's the CW variant, else, it's somewhat salvageable) only reinforces that.

It's going to take a Lady's Gambit crusader, a super attack swordsage, or a Batman or CodZilla to fix that mess, plus the thaumaturgist. The Warmage might work, though...

SoD
2008-04-25, 01:49 PM
Well, the Thaumaturgist (I must admit) is the one I'm slightly worried about, summoning two feindish collossal spiders, and the works. He's also looking into an item which could make all his summonables all have max hit points (from complete mage, apparantly). And the cohort, I've deliberatly dumbed down classwise, because I'm slightly nervous about the three PCs being full casters. And as for conjuration being banned, at least he gets the low level conjuration spells.

Solo
2008-04-25, 02:05 PM
Well, the Thaumaturgist (I must admit) is the one I'm slightly worried about, summoning two feindish collossal spiders, and the works. He's also looking into an item which could make all his summonables all have max hit points (from complete mage, apparantly). And the cohort, I've deliberatly dumbed down classwise, because I'm slightly nervous about the three PCs being full casters. And as for conjuration being banned, at least he gets the low level conjuration spells.

Pfft.

Magic Circle Against X, Widened.

Antimagic Field, Widened

Just off the top of my head.