PDA

View Full Version : Psionic Lion's Charge

shadow_archmagi
2008-04-25, 06:23 PM
Full attack on a charge. Add in Ride-By-Attack, Spirited Charge, and a Phantom Steed, and you get to make a full attack at double damage, but you end your turn a hundred feet away. Add in a Lance, and you get triple damage.

Add in the fact that as long as you're mounted anyway, its a single-handed weapon, and you might as well dual wield them. In fact, as long as we're multilancing, why not use a Thri Kreen with four?

Not only that, but the power grants a sizable circumstance bonus if you'll spend on it.

Isn't it beautiful? I know its probably been posted before, but I also know theres probably someone who never knew about this nice tidbit.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-04-25, 06:24 PM
Taer Battle Jump will get you an extra x2 damage if you move more than 15ft (I think) downwards during your charge.

senrath
2008-04-25, 06:27 PM
Taer Battle Jump will get you an extra x2 damage if you move more than 15ft (I think) downwards during your charge.

Hmm, does that work on charging down an incline, or does it have to be straight down?

Illiterate Scribe
2008-04-25, 06:32 PM
Hmm, does that work on charging down an incline, or does it have to be straight down?

You have to 'drop 5ft down onto them'. Damn, that's badly worded. So no inclines, but aerial charges (so long as they're not under the influence of fly or levitate), jumping charges with acrobatic charge, or even a large monster falling over could potentially activate it.

shadow_archmagi
2008-04-25, 06:58 PM
You have to 'drop 5ft down onto them'. Damn, that's badly worded. So no inclines, but aerial charges (so long as they're not under the influence of fly or levitate), jumping charges with acrobatic charge, or even a large monster falling over could potentially activate it.

Well then we'd best get an aerial mount. I can just imagine a 4 armed lancer on a giant hawk.

FlyMolo
2008-04-25, 07:04 PM
Well then we'd best get an aerial mount. I can just imagine a 4 armed lancer on a giant hawk.

You're a thri-kreen already. +30 racial on jump checks? Hello?

Jump off the back of your phantom steed onto the back of your phantom steed.

Actually, because Battle Jump is so badly worded you could just go down a slight incline, charge across a huge damn field, then deal an extra double damage.

shadow_archmagi
2008-04-25, 07:06 PM
Oh, i'm not doing this on my current build. This is purely theory until my first one dies off.

I'm quite happy with my Improved Critical Rapiers thank you very much.