PDA

View Full Version : Folklore

Jayngfet
2008-04-25, 08:23 PM
what does the playground think of folklore, I was planning on getting a copy myself tomorow.

Terraoblivion
2008-04-25, 08:38 PM
Not sure what the playground as a whole think about it, but i know what i think about it. I think that it was a wonderful game, but mostly because of how well it fit with my personal preferences. The gameplay is solidly unspectacular and unremarkable in either way. However, for me this is not very important. What does matter to me is art direction and storytelling and the game excels at both. Simply put it has some of the best if not the best visual style to it of any game i have seen on the new generation of consoles, with Bioshock as the only real competitor. And the story and characters are by far interesting enough to carry the game well.

So my advice is to ask yourself what it is you look for in a game. If it is challenging, complex gameplay then it is probably not the game for you. If it is the artistic portrayal of the gameworld and the events in it, however, it is among the best purchases you can make.