PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick question

RAGE KING!
2008-04-26, 09:51 AM
Heres a hypothetical situation; In a play by post game, you write that you want your character to do something, then, before anybody else posts, you realize that thats not a good idea, and want to change it. Is it generally acceptable to edit your post? or is that just not done?

FlyMolo
2008-04-26, 12:20 PM
Heres a hypothetical situation; In a play by post game, you write that you want your character to do something, then, before anybody else posts, you realize that thats not a good idea, and want to change it. Is it generally acceptable to edit your post? or is that just not done?

Ask your DM. Depends how serious the game is. conceivably, you could simply edit uberfast and nobody would notice. The rolls would be messed up, but the rolls get messed up a certain percentage of the time no matter what.

If someone else has made a decision or interacted with your actions in any way, it's probably not wise. Unless your character has int 18, he's going to do something spectacularly silly sooner or later anyway.

nargbop
2008-04-26, 07:13 PM
Generally not a good idea. Never a good idea after more than 30 seconds of delay. It can annoy the next people to act immensely, even if you only do it once - they'll remember later, will he retcon this?

One idea , which may not be good , is to have a casual agreement that no one should respond to another player's post before some time limit has passed. I've played by IM before, nad osme people like to put out whole paragraphs of detail that I cut them off in. Thus, I make sure my important messages ( I hit him ) are a short interval after everyone else's.