PDA

View Full Version : Were-what? (how to make this?)

boomwolf
2008-04-26, 02:21 PM
I got ideas for a lycanthrope, but I'm not sure how on earth he will work.

So I am asking for any ideas on how to make it.

The idea came to me when looking at someones old avatars.

A Were-dragon.

So simple, yet so cool.
But how, how?

Squidmaster
2008-04-26, 02:42 PM
I thought you could only be were-animals?

Rowan Intheback
2008-04-26, 03:03 PM
Ok to start we ave to decide what age category we make the were dragon. I think to make it easy we'll say the age category you use corresponds to the age of the humanoid form. For instance, young and juvenile is around the teenage years while adult starts around 20 and a venerable human is approaching Wyrm Category.

the LA for a natural weredragon is +3 with 16 racial hit dice. So the effective level of any full Weredragon is always 19 or 18 for afflicted. Since this is unplayably high we can consult the savage progression rules at Wizards web site. It has a few examples of power scaling for were creatures. we can figure out how to apply that after we determine all the abilities this has.

Now to determine the stat mods we have to look in the Draconomicon. All monsters in D&D have base stat roles of 10 and 11. The adult red dragon's stats in the Draconomicon are Str 29 Dex 10 Con 19 Int 14 Wis 15 Cha 14. so the mods for a adult red weredragon are Str +18 Con +8 Int +4 Wis +4 Cha +4.

Next the abilities they probably get a watered down breath weapon some SR and a few spell like abilities. Since the were template is intended for animals and not magical beasts this is tricky. They probably have DCs equal to 1/2 dragon hit dice +some ability mod. Your DR will remain the same a normal were DR in all forms as adding dragon DR would be too crazy

The only other thing we should worry about right now is the limbs and size category you get in your hybrid form. I think it progresses with the age categories dragons use normally.

The natural armor bonus is probably listed some where in the MM I'm just too lazy to look it up.

Stat there and dinnertime the abilities a full were dragon has. after that we'll start to figure out the progression.