PDA

View Full Version : Sneaky casters

Duff
2008-04-26, 07:35 PM
Are there any full caster sneaky Prcs other than Unseen seer and arcane trickster?

Jack_Simth
2008-04-26, 07:45 PM
A Beguiler is a sneaky Full caster, but it's a base class, not a PrC.

Is there any particular reason you need more than the 20 levels those two give you?

MeklorIlavator
2008-04-26, 07:49 PM
I think that there's daggerspell mage in the complete adventurer, but besides that, no.

Duff
2008-04-29, 05:07 AM
Is there any particular reason you need more than the 20 levels those two give you?

I'm playing a skulk with a couple of levels of rogue, took practiced caster so I've caught up 4 levels of caster and don't want to give up any more.
I have a level in US and will take 2nd level but going up further means giving up more caster level in anything non-divination. Still 2 levels away from 3rd level spells needed for Arcane Trickster. A good "Sneaky" Prc would help get the skills maybe, but also my quest has left me wondering what's out there that I missed. I so wish I'd played a beguiler not a Wizard, but missed that option until too late :(

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-04-29, 05:09 AM
I'm playing a skulk with a couple of levels of rogue, took practiced caster so I've caught up 4 levels of caster and don't want to give up any more.
I have a level in US and will take 2nd level but going up further means giving up more caster level in anything non-divination. Still 2 levels away from 3rd level spells needed for Arcane Trickster. A good "Sneaky" Prc would help get the skills maybe, but also my quest has left me wondering what's out there that I missed. I so wish I'd played a beguiler not a Wizard, but missed that option until too late :(I'd suggest talking to your DM about letting you switch classes. It's not perfect, but if it won't hurt the game to much he may let you.

Kurald Galain
2008-04-29, 05:16 AM
Are there any full caster sneaky Prcs other than Unseen seer and arcane trickster?

Spellwarp Sniper comes to mind, as does Magelord.

Duff
2008-04-29, 06:51 AM
Spellwarp Sniper comes to mind, as does Magelord.

Where's magelord?, Spellwarp sniper's cool - on the to do list for sure! Tnx

nargbop
2008-04-29, 08:29 AM
I didn't realize how awesome Arcane Trickster was until a fellow player / competitor in an epic evil game repeatedly used his impromptu sneak attack. Sneak attack damage from a safe place, when I knew he was there, when his character had sneak attack cheesed WAY high. If I hadn't had a couple rerolls available for that fight I'd have lost quickly.