PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: PrC help for a freak por favor.

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-04-26, 11:01 PM
If anyone would be so kind as to give me a suggestion or two on how to make this (DM approved) abomination function, I'd be mucho thankful. The history of the game is that it's the updated Ravenloft game (that I have never played before). The build has less hp than an 8 Con caster (I find the build amusing, sue me) but has 25 AC, can dust most level 20 monks with his flight, and he hits like he means it. I'm still devoid of my books (roomates still have yet to ship them out to me *sigh*) and I'm thinking the only way I'll stand a ghost of a chance later on (if I make it that far) is to shoot for Fist of the Forest, Stoneblessed, and Deepwarden in order to crank my AC. Anyone have the books handy to fill me in on the prereqs for the PrCs?

The current build:

Name: Lo-Kag “Rusty-Gargun” Brassring
Class: 1 Barbarian / 5 LA (CG)
Race: Feral Half-Brass Dragon Goliath (Dragon Type)
Size: Medium (Large)

Attributes:
Str: (14) 30 (36) / +10 (+13) (+4, +4, +8)
Dex: (14) 10 / +0 (-2, -2)
Con: (14) 20 (24) / +5 (+7) (+2, +2, +2)
Int: (14) 12 / +1 (-4, +2)
Wis: (10) 12 / +1 (+2)
Cha: (8) 10 / +0 (+2)
Languages: Common, Gol-Kaa, and Draconic

Initiative: 0 Dex = 0
HP: 17 (19)
AC: 10 + 0 Dex + 5 AR + 10 Nat AR (-2 rage -1 size) = 25(22) AC / 10(7) touch AC
Attack: 1 BAB + 10(13) Str + 0(1 size) = 11(15, 10 foot reach)

Saves: (Base + Mod + Misc)
Fort: 2+5+0= 7(11)
Ref: 0+0+0= 0(2)
Will: 0+1+0= 1(3)

Speeds:
Land: 50
Fly: 100 (average maneuverability)

Skills: (Rank + Mod + Misc)
Heal: 0+1+2=3
Intimidate: 4+0+0=4
Jump: 4+10+0=14(17)
Knowledge (Nature): 0+0+2=2(N/A)
Listen: 4+1+0=5
Sense Motive: 0+1+2=3
Survival: 4+1+0=5
Swim: 4+10+0=14(17)
Tumble: 0+0+2=2(N/A)

Attack:
+1 Large Adamantine Greatsword: Attack: 12(16), Damage: 3d6 + 16(20) 19-20x2
Bite: Attack: 11(15), Damage: 1d6 (1d8) + 10(13) 20x2 -5 to hit as secondary attack
2 claws: Attack: 11(15), Damage: 1d8 (2d6) + 5(6) 20x2 -5 to hit as secondary attack

Special Attacks:
Improved Grab (Ex): If Rusty hits an opponent that is at least one size category smaller than himself with a claw attack, he deals normal damage and may attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If he gets a hold, he can rake if he has that ability. Alternatively, he has the option to conduct the grapple normally, or simply use it’s claw to hold the opponent (-20 penalty on grapple checks, but he is not considered grappled). In either case, each successful grapple check he makes during successive rounds automatically deals claw damage.
Breath (Ex): 1/day 60 ft. line of fire (Reflex DC = 10 + Con)
(4 Hit Die) Pounce (Ex): Full attack after a charge.)
(8 HD) Rake (Ex): When Rusty gets a hold on a creature he can make two claw attacks, at his full attack bonus, with his hind legs. Rusty can Rake as part of a Pounce
(12 HD) Rend (Ex): When Rusty hits with both claw attacks, he deals additional damage equal to twice his claw damage plus double his Strength modifier.

Class Features:
Illiteracy
Mountain Rage: At level 1, Rusty may Rage (free action on his turn) and becomes Large sized (+5 ft attack range and +1 atk and –1 ac) instead of having the Powerful Build special quality. In addition, he gains +6 Str, +4 Con, +2 Morale bonus to saves, and –2 to AC. At class level 4, and every 4 levels thereafter, he gains another daily use of this ability. Rusty can only Rage once per encounter. Its duration is (3 + Con mod) number of rounds. If Rusty’s Rage before the encounter is over, he becomes fatigued for the remainder, taking a penalty of –2 to Str and Con as well as losing the ability to run or charge.
(lvl 2: Uncanny dodge: Rusty retains his Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) even if he is caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker. However, he still loses his Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized.)
(lvl 3: Trapkiller: instead of Trap Sense: Survival used to detect traps, attack to disable.)

Feats:
?

Special Qualities:
Powerful Build (Ex): Rusty’s physical stature lets him function in many ways as if he was one size category larger. Whenever he is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grappling checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), treat him as being one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. Rusty is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. Rusty can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. This racial trait stacks with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.
Mountain Movement (Ex): Rusty can climb at half speed as a move action without taking a –5 on the Climb action.
Acclimated: Rusty takes no penalties for altitude.
Fast Healing: 2 (+1/4 HD, capped at 5 at 12 HD)
Darkvision: 60 ft. (+30 at 9 and 12 HD)
Low Light Vision
Immunity to Sleep
Immunity to Paralysis
Immunity to Fire

Equipment:
+1 Large Adamantine Greatsword (8 lbs): 5050gp
Mithral Breastplate (15 lbs): 4200gp (5 max Dex, 15% spell failure)
Ring of Sustenance: 2500gp (Do not need to eat or drink rested in 2 hours.)
Healing Belt (1lb): 750gp (+2 competence on Heal, has three charges per day. As a standard action, expend charges to heal on a touch. 1 = 2d8, 2 = 3d8, 3 = 4d8)
Crystal of Adaptation: 500gp (Immunity to temperature extremes as Endure Elements.)
Clothing: hooded tunic (Tokyo purple), undergarments

AmberVael
2008-04-26, 11:30 PM
Yay glass cannon!

Deepwarden-
You need to be dwarven, have 5 bab, 5 ranks in climb, heal, jump, Knowledge (dungeoneering), and survival.
You'll also need the endurance feat.

Stoneblessed-
You need to be a giant, humanoid, or monstrous humanoid.
2 ranks in appraise, and 5 in craft stoneworking.
You need to have Dwarven, Gnome, or Goliath as a language, as well as Terran.
You need to be invited to be a Stoneblessed by an appropriate tribe (of dwarves, gnomes, or Goliaths).

Fist of the Forests-
BAB 4
Handle Animal 4 ranks, survival 4
Great Fortitude, Improved Unarmed Strike, and Power Attack
You need approval from the Guardians of the Green, then you need to adopt the lifestyle of an animal.

As for suggestions... give me a bit of time.

Smiley_
2008-04-26, 11:52 PM
Should work...except for the 100 ft fly speed. I really hate to be a stick in the mud, but Medium and smaller half-dragons do not have vestigal wings that sprout into functional existence when they become large, but as stated here:

A half-dragon that is Large or larger has wings and can fly at twice its base land speed (maximum 120 ft.) with average maneuverability. A half-dragon that is Medium or smaller does not have wings.

There are no wings. A nasty ploy to keep flight away from low level characters? yes. Circumventable? With DM intervention, but I would not allow it. Flight is powerful, if you know how to use it properly and perfect maneuverability is not hard to come by (with improved maneuverability and a lesser pectoral of maneuverability). You could fly circles around anything with worse than good maneuverability.

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-04-26, 11:53 PM
Thank you so much for the help thus far Vael. I've been looking all over for the PrC info.

Smiley: ^ DM approved. :smallbiggrin: I'm not planning on making the flight any better. >_> I just like the idea of being able to rush in or out at Mach du madre speed given the low hp. :smalleek:

Edit: Oh bother. I'll need a non-monk class with Imporved Unarmed Strike to hasten FotF to level 5.