PDA

View Full Version : Eldritch Glaive?

Enlong
2008-04-26, 11:48 PM
I have heard from one of my friends about some Warlock Blast Shape Invocation that I didn't know about, called Eldritch Glaive or something of the sort. He says it's an invocation that creates a temporary weapon made out of the Warlock's Eldritch Blast energy, using E.B.'s damage and any other Invocation effects on it. Has anyone else heard of this, and if so, what book is it from?

Frosty
2008-04-26, 11:50 PM
Dragon magic iirc.

Bag_of_Holding
2008-04-26, 11:54 PM
Eldritch Glaive essentially allows the warlock to use EB as part of her full-attack action. And it's from Dragon Magic, yes.

Draz74
2008-04-27, 12:13 AM
Huge blessing for any Warlock who doesn't want to be just an archer.

The only way it's any worse than Hideous Blow, in theory, is that it requires a full-round action to use instead of a standard action. (Of course, if you were planning on full-attacking, you needed a full-round action anyway.) Oh, and I don't think it can be used adjacent to yourself, either. In practice, it's way better than Hideous Blow 99.9% of the time. (Even before your BAB is high enough to get iterative attacks, at least Eldritch Glaive can be used for AoO's, and has reach, which also sometimes allows you to avoid provoking an AoO by using it.)

Frosty
2008-04-27, 12:31 AM
Take a level of Cleric. Take the Travel Devotion feat. You're a warlock, so you have lots of charisma. You can now Move as a swift action for one minute for a few timesa day depending on how many turn attempts you have.

monty
2008-04-27, 12:36 AM
Most cases, it's better than Hideous Blow, because you can usually 5-foot step + full attack. Only real drawback then is you don't get weapon damage.

Tempest Fennac
2008-04-27, 02:27 AM
Also, Eldrich Glaive works as a Touch Attack, which means that it can be incredibly powerful against enermies who are dependant on armour for their AC. Just thinking; can Eldrich Glaive be used to hurt incorporal enermies?

tyckspoon
2008-04-27, 02:32 AM
With the normal 50% miss chance for a magical attack, I think. I often see a couple levels of Totemist suggested to get the ... Crystal Crown meld bound to the crown chakra, I think, which gives all your attacks the [Force] descriptor.

Tempest Fennac
2008-04-27, 02:34 AM
Thanks for telling me (I was just wondering how the fact that EB is untyped damage would fit in with incorporal creatures).

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-04-27, 12:38 PM
Thanks for telling me (I was just wondering how the fact that EB is untyped damage would fit in with incorporal creatures).

There is a Warlock PrC in Complete Mage called Enlightened Spirit which has, as a blast invocation, Spirit Blast, which lets you hit incorporeal creatures with your Eldrich Blast without the miss chance. Therefore, it seems as though it has the normal miss chance everything but force effects has.

There's also a reserve feat which adds a force descriptor to all your attacks as well, I believe.