PDA

View Full Version : Best Xbox live games?

Anung Un Rama
2008-04-27, 02:02 PM
Could someone recommend the best Xbox live games as i will soon be getting it. I already have cod 4 and halo 3 but i have heard others are very good (chrome hounds etc.) please could someone point me in the right direction? Preferably Xbox 360 games. Thanks.

Ranis
2008-04-27, 02:39 PM
Well, there's the problem with older games not having such a strong following anymore because of H3 and CoD4. If you're looking into games strictly for their playability over XBL, then I would heartily reccommend renting the game first and then seeing if it's difficult to get a game over XBL going. If it's not really that difficult, I would reccommend picking it up, otherwise don't.

And by the way, Gears still has a very strong following.

DraPrime
2008-04-27, 02:54 PM
Gears indeed does have a strong following. Unfortunately the game gets debased to a big rush for the good weapons and a bunch quick shotgun battles. And since there's only 4 people on each team it's very easy for one good player to absolutely dominate the whole thing.

Ranis
2008-04-27, 03:02 PM
Yeah, well, with the exception of the Boomshot the power weapons take some skill to use in the first place, and shotguns are just part of Gears. At least you're not completely hosed when someone has a power weapon, like in Halo.

Twin1
2008-04-27, 03:31 PM
The orange box has a good single player package along with Team Fortress 2 for multiplayer. Once GTA 4 comes out that'll be another game to pick up for its multiplayer modes.