PDA

View Full Version : New RPG

Gael_Judicium
2008-04-27, 09:31 PM
Hey y'all. I'm new here, but y'all probably aren't too interested in that. Me and some friends of mine made an RPG that is loosely based off of D&D and the d20 system. It based off of an idea that we've had for years now, and I would like it if y'all would look over it and tell me what you think of it. Here's my site link:

http://www.freewebs.com/etheriarpg

Thanks y'all!

~Gael

P.S. This is where I'm supposed to post, right?

Gael_Judicium
2008-04-29, 06:51 PM
So.... anyone looked at this yet? Any ideas about anything?

Various
2008-04-29, 07:11 PM
Color me paranoid, but I've had bad experiences downloading random files from freewebs sites before. Can you tell us something about your game other than it was based on d20? What is the focus? How is it different?

Gael_Judicium
2008-04-30, 03:44 PM
I actually agree with you there. There is a tab up on the Navigation Bar that says "Rulebook". The entire current Rulebook is here (minus the shiny formatting).

I use a random number generator (there are plenty of free ones online).

For a normal attack with a melee weapon your damage is 1rS(trength). 1r means you need to get 1 random number between 1 and your Strength value. The minimum and maximum will be raised by any modifiers. For example a +2 Strength modifier would mean you would need to find a random number between 3 and Strength+2. I am still in the process of testing this so I'm not too sure how it will work out yet. Almost everything in the Rulebook is subject to change after testing.

The focus is a fantasy world that me and my friends made. There is actually a very detailed backstory that need to be written up soon, though I am giving bits and pieces in the Backstory section. It is taking a while, since I'm also working on the Class Handbook as well. It is focusing slightly more on magic, though I am attempting to make sure that I don't unbalance it for melee fighters.

I've also changed the spellcasting mechanics. Prepared spells are stored in the spellbook. Your Wisdom determines how many spells can be kept within and used, though certain spellbooks can increase this number. Any prepared spell can be cast as many times as the caster wants until he runs out of mana. When he's almost out of mana, he's done, and if it hits zero he goes unconscious.

There are of course other things, but I don't want to go too far beyond what has already been released yet (one step at a time).