View Full Version : Things that annoy you...about yourself.

banjo1985
2008-04-28, 06:33 AM
The second in Banjo's random threads on annoying things, this time the things that you do yourself that annoy you beyond belief!

Maybe it's a personality quirk, a bad habit, a tendency to say a certain phrase far too often, anything that makes you wince at your own nature.

The thing that annoys me about myself is my capacity to be exceptionally two-faced. I can have a perfectly civil conversation with someone only to join in slagging them off with someone else minutes later. I sometimes try to convince myself that I'm trying to keep everyone happy, but I know that's not the case. It's just something I do that annoys me, and makes me kind of ashamed too.

I also have a tendency to say 'Indeed' far too often in answer to questions, which annoys me somewhat, but again, I can't seem to stop myself from doing so.

Mordokai
2008-04-28, 06:36 AM
Does cronical procrastination counts?

T'ze'hai
2008-04-28, 06:44 AM
It annoys me that I have all these great plans for things I want to do (special projects and stuff) but when I finally have some time to spent on one of those projects, I busy myself with all kinds of rather useless things (watching telly, cleaning my room, read a magazine...).

Cobra_Ikari
2008-04-28, 06:45 AM
Nowadays, it'd be easier to list what doesn't.

T'ze'hai
2008-04-28, 06:51 AM
Well, try it...

Castaras
2008-04-28, 07:27 AM
Procrastination
Very very strong paranoia
Phobia of some medical stuff (mainly injections, but sometimes other medical info makes me faint also)
Some minor trust issues

valadil
2008-04-28, 08:58 AM
I'm at my most expressive when I'm mean to someone. This usually means my message is lost because I end up offending them instead of communicating. I haven't quite figured out how to make my point without distressing someone else.

I'm not nearly assertive enough. I usually only assert myself after whats bothering me has gone too far.

I'm presently over 300 lbs (but I'm pretty damn tall so it's not that overweight). I can be good for a month or two at a time and lose 10 pounds and then I gorge for no good reason and then it comes right back.

I'm balding. Can't do much about that.

My RPG characters and sessions have been completely uninspired for the last 3 years.

I have a tendency to vilify one of my roommates. I just end up finding new reasons to hate them every day. I mean, I can deal with a roommate who doesn't clean, but I can't deal with one who yells at me to clean up and then won't do it himself. I'm not sure if it's just something I do or if I've actually had one crappy roommate each year since 2001. This seriously worries me since I plan on moving in with my girlfriend in 2 months.

I'm addicted to grazing on information. I probably spend 3-4 hours a day grazing while at work. I don't do flash games or facebook. I don't even have myspace. I just read digg, lj, reddit, and my rss feeds all day at work. And then I go home and do the same thing. I'd love to be able to disconnect to get work done, I'm a web developer/sys admin and my boss emails me several times an hour, so that's just not an option.

Groundhog
2008-04-28, 09:16 AM
I'm a flippin' know-it-all. Which I'm actually not sure if it really annoys me, or if it's just that it annoys everyone else so much that the annoyance rubs off on me too.

SilentNight
2008-04-28, 09:23 AM
Occaisionally I get a stutter that prevents me from starting sentences.
@groundhhog:Seconded.:smallredface:
My utter and complete lack of work ethic, especially in regards to my music. :smallmad:

randman22222
2008-04-28, 09:31 AM
That I spend so much time reflecting on myself, doing things like finding things that annoy me about me.

Cristo Meyers
2008-04-28, 09:55 AM
Where to begin, where to begin...

We'll start with an annoyingly fragile ego that can be hurt by the slightest thing and add to that a tendency to see insults where there are none (and to miss them when there are).

But for now we'll go with questioning my own feelings. I tend to question whether or not I'm actually feeling the way I am or if I'm manufacturing the emotion or just overreacting.

Fri
2008-04-28, 11:23 AM
Very, very chronic procrastination that is, seriously, slowly started to killing me.

Ranna
2008-04-28, 02:37 PM
Well my most annoying trait to myself is my tendency to overreact to things, when I know something will upset me I actively seek the damned thing out. And if i discover something that upsets me i revisit it all the bloody time, to remind myself how much it upsets me: Perfect example i did it just a few minutes ago something from LAST YEAR that upset me, Ive just peeked at and it kinda made me feel a little sad once again - even tho that particular situation has since sorted itself out, i like to remind myself it happened...oh joys!

Yes I dwell on things would you believe and like to beat myself up about things.

Also I cry at everything and I mean everything! Every little hiccup in my life I will cry at. Weather its a flat tyre, not having 30p for a toll bridge, (long long story, scary zombie pub women and lots of crying in public on my own) or some sort of emotional rubbish that usually my boyfriend has caused in his normality, that my abnormality has picked up on and decided to cry about!

And finally I KNOW I'M DOING ALL THIS STUFF WHEN I'M DOING IT and am completely helpless to stop it!

rubakhin
2008-04-28, 02:57 PM
Probably the thing that worries me the most about myself is that I have a very deeply hidden - I don't know how to put it. It's not a sadistic streak, or bloodthirstiness, but I have this fascination with death that's really rather troubling considering how much of it I've seen. I don't know if it's because I've wanted to die so badly for so long (not a day has gone by in years that I haven't thought about suicide) that it's ended up infecting everything else I think and do, but ... well, it's not healthy, that's all.

Additionally: I'm aggressive, combative, bull-headed, temperamental, stuck-up, xenophobic, hateful, lazy, cold, self-centered, sociopathic, and immature; I'm a borderline alcoholic, cokehead, smack addict, and schizophrenic; prone to each and every one of the whole resplendent array of behaviors that Russian men and/or working-class Slavic-American adolescents who are insecure about their masculinity like to engage in; not nearly as intelligent as most people think I am, completely and utterly unhireable, and beyond all else a total flamer. Also, last night I made my ex-boyfriend cry.

:smallsigh: I'm working on becoming a better person. Honestly. I just wish it would happen faster. If I didn't have some modicum of talent I'd be a complete waste of space.

Lerky
2008-04-28, 08:27 PM
the most annoying thing about myself is... I'm single:smallannoyed:
but also my hand writing, i hate it so much!

Raiser Blade
2008-04-28, 10:09 PM
I would hate the fact that I don't care about anything if I actually cared about it.

Yeah i'm pretty apathetic. :smalltongue:

Mauve Shirt
2008-04-28, 10:34 PM
I am completely unmotivated to do anything but talk to y'all all day.
I procrastinate and don't try to fix the problems I have that I constantly complain about.
I constantly complain about things.
Geez, I'm such a whiny bitch.

Phae Nymna
2008-04-28, 10:39 PM
Probably the thing that worries me the most about myself is that I have a very deeply hidden - I don't know how to put it. It's not a sadistic streak, or bloodthirstiness, but I have this fascination with death that's really rather troubling considering how much of it I've seen. I don't know if it's because I've wanted to die so badly for so long (not a day has gone by in years that I haven't thought about suicide) that it's ended up infecting everything else I think and do, but ... well, it's not healthy, that's all.

Additionally: I'm aggressive, combative, bull-headed, temperamental, stuck-up, xenophobic, hateful, lazy, cold, self-centered, sociopathic, and immature; I'm a borderline alcoholic, cokehead, smack addict, and schizophrenic; prone to each and every one of the whole resplendent array of behaviors that Russian men and/or working-class Slavic-American adolescents who are insecure about their masculinity like to engage in; not nearly as intelligent as most people think I am, completely and utterly unhireable, and beyond all else a total flamer. Also, last night I made my ex-boyfriend cry.

:smallsigh: I'm working on becoming a better person. Honestly. I just wish it would happen faster. If I didn't have some modicum of talent I'd be a complete waste of space.

Oh... Oh my god.
We're the same person.
I think... I... Oh my.

skywalker
2008-04-28, 10:41 PM
I can't seem to live without a significant other. I'm either enjoying being with that person or wishing I had a person. I can't be completely happy alone. While that's not necessarily a bad thing, it gets kinda annoying when I am alone, like currently.

Haruki-kun
2008-04-28, 10:42 PM
Things that annoy me about myself:

I'm painfully lazy, so lazy that sometimes I don't do the stuff I actually want to do, like writing, drawing, or excersising.
I tend to not care about things that I should really care about.
I'm never in good shape, never have been, and probably never will.
I forget to do stuff, like homework, or returning a video from rental......
I'm a coward who can't face problems directly, and instead hides all the time.
I can't control myself, as in "You already ate! Don't eat more just for the sake of eating! It's not healthy! Oh, screw it. *eats*"
I can't prioritize. My rest always goes before the actual work, and then I'm tired from working anyway.
I can't ever be a good student. I'll always be just average, because I'm a comformist.

All the points stated above seem to be related to one another, in a way that I can't fix one, because there is the other one, but I can't fix the other one because there is the one. I'm stuck in an endless vortex.

Bitzeralisis
2008-04-28, 10:56 PM
Ah, there are about two million qualities I have that set me off, screaming inside until my insides can't scream no more. The most prominent is my arrogance, which causes me so much social harm all the time. Someone told my I was infamous for being arrogant. Quite frankly, I don't know if he's lying to me or not (he does that a lot to tick me off), but if he's telling the truth, then I've got to be a lot more arrogant than I think. Secondly, I am so unsocial. No matter how much the logical side of my tells me that something I'm about to do won't make everyone stare at me in utter bewilderment (e.g. delivering the newspaper to a class in the middle of the period — stupid, I know). Also, my brain goes dead on me when faced with a direct, immediate, and sudden social situation. Which usually leads to me messing up. Later on, I'd look back on the experience, and go, "Gah! Why didn't I do that? It was so obvious!" I get nervous fits when presenting things to anyone I'm not completely comfortable with. And what else would be more annoying to be paired with sociopathy than the urge to make others want to back away from you in bewilderment? When not being social, I am always anti-social; that is, my mind works to make other people think I'm strange and weird. You can imagine that doesn't work out very well.

I could go on forever. Lack of determination, little temper control, unawareness of what is going on, slow memory, inability to speak my mind. The worst has got to be my own philosophical views on anything and everything — it must have gotten me into more trouble in my life than anything else.

Icewalker
2008-04-28, 11:16 PM
I'd say worst is my combination of:

Massive procrastination. I just can't stop and do something.
Philosophy that every tiny moment is worth something, any waste of time is a waste of one's life.

Throw in, to some extent, a mass of things to do.

It's all bad. Right now I really need to finish an AP Java practice test...but I'm here...

Vaynor
2008-04-28, 11:36 PM
the most annoying thing about myself is... I'm single:smallannoyed:
but also my hand writing, i hate it so much!

I'd hate my handwriting if I could read it. :smalleek:

The Orange Zergling
2008-04-28, 11:55 PM
My hypocritic tendencies. I'll totally rail on someone* for something then find myself liking that thing or being in a similar situation not too long afterwards.

*More often than not its the extremely strong urge to rail on said person as opposed to actually yelling at them.

Kneenibble
2008-04-28, 11:55 PM
I'm sick of being so awesome. It makes living in a world full of mundane retards so abrasive.

Mmm... foot.

Fri
2008-04-29, 12:05 AM
Things that annoy me about myself:

I'm painfully lazy, so lazy that sometimes I don't do the stuff I actually want to do, like writing, drawing, or excersising.
I tend to not care about things that I should really care about.
I'm never in good shape, never have been, and probably never will.
I forget to do stuff, like homework, or returning a video from rental......
I'm a coward who can't face problems directly, and instead hides all the time.
I can't control myself, as in "You already ate! Don't eat more just for the sake of eating! It's not healthy! Oh, screw it. *eats*"
I can't prioritize. My rest always goes before the actual work, and then I'm tired from working anyway.
I can't ever be a good student. I'll always be just average, because I'm a comformist.

All the points stated above seem to be related to one another, in a way that I can't fix one, because there is the other one, but I can't fix the other one because there is the one. I'm stuck in an endless vortex.

Huh. Are you sure that you aren't a facet of my mind? Or am I a facet of your mind? Are you me? Or am I you?

Amotis
2008-04-29, 12:30 AM
The xkcd law strikes again, this time, in t-shirt form!

http://www.xkcd.com/store/just_shy_shirt_thumb.png

Rogue 7
2008-04-29, 12:33 AM
I'm addicted to grazing on information. I probably spend 3-4 hours a day grazing while at work. I don't do flash games or facebook. I don't even have myspace. I just read digg, lj, reddit, and my rss feeds all day at work. And then I go home and do the same thing. I'd love to be able to disconnect to get work done, I'm a web developer/sys admin and my boss emails me several times an hour, so that's just not an option.

Never, and I mean never, go onto TV Tropes. You will lose DAYS

The main thing that bugs me about myself right now is, like many others said, my complete, total, and downright criminal lack of a work ethic. I can't sit down and study. At all. It. Just. Doesn't. Work. I'll want to do something online, and I'll do it. Can't help myself. It's a serious problem.

Sucrose
2008-04-29, 01:23 AM
I'd have to say, my total inability to pioritize; for instance, it's presently 1:25 A.M. where I live. I have a meeting with a friend in 6 hours, 35 minutes, yet I'm typing this message, rather than getting some half-decent frigging sleep. Yesterday, I stayed up until 6:30 A.M. reading interesting things on the net.

(Fortunately, said friend is kind enough to supply me with some of his own work ethic, by setting up meetings for us to study together, or work together on homework. The man has saved my career this semester, no questions asked.)

Also, my relative apathy toward romance. I understand that it's somewhat pathetic to have never had a significant other at my age, yet somehow, I can't bring myself to care except in an academic sense.

FMArthur
2008-04-29, 01:24 AM
I don't trust anyone all that well. Anything someone tells you can be a lie, and a good enough liar knows that you can't know it.

I'm also a chronic liar. I make a conscious effort not to lie anymore (I still find myself lying sometimes), but a little over a year ago, anything and everything I was willing to lie about, because it's safe if nobody knows anything correct about you or what you think. I wasn't engaged in anything illegal or even immoral (as far as I know), but I would just lie because I wanted to keep the outside world from intruding on my inner thoughts. Obviously, it's silly, because no one cares about the trivial things I lied about. These days I make it a point to not give evasive answers and be direct and upfront with regard to my ignorance, embarrassment, or social discomfort. Might be rude occasionally, but I have attracted a lot of friends for a no-nonsense attitude now.:smallwink:

Thufir
2008-04-29, 01:41 AM
It annoys me that I have all these great plans for things I want to do (special projects and stuff) but when I finally have some time to spent on one of those projects, I busy myself with all kinds of rather useless things (watching telly, cleaning my room, read a magazine...).

I have that problem, only with a different set of useless things.

The main thing that annoys me about me is my social skills (Or lack thereof). It really annoys me when I go somewhere with some people and just completely fail to talk to them. And then afterwards I'll look back on the conversation and think "Wait... why didn't I just tell them about that?" about 5 times or so. Contrary to XKCD, I find it very easy to regret the conversations I never had.

Woofsie
2008-04-29, 02:00 AM
I'm extremely lazy to the point where it actually stops me achieving the things I want to. I never hand in essays even if the topic is something I enjoy writing about, I always leave everything till the last minute etc.

I have a tendancy to talk way more loudly than I mean to without realising it, especially when I'm excitied.

I come across as extremely argumentative. It's kinda hard to avoid, being an atheistic bisexual vegetarian with a love for philosophical debate.. but still. It's easy for people to take me for a complete a-hole sometimes. Needless to say, religion class is great fun.

Vuzzmop
2008-04-29, 02:12 AM
For me, just look up the definition of ENTJ personality flaws.
I'm serious, I have the lot.

I'm:
Autocratic, dominating, overbearing, pushy, overly-assertive, and I procrastinate at things just because I might fail. I also have a tendency to plan and analyse, which shows itself negatively in my ability to steamroll people who get in the way of my plans or fail to see the one (und presicely von!) efficient way of completing a task.

Damn I'd be a great dictator:smallamused:. Someday..."gazes at stars and dreams of a future of iron fisted rule".

Vella_Malachite
2008-04-29, 03:00 AM
I'm also a chronic liar. I make a conscious effort not to lie anymore (I still find myself lying sometimes), but a little over a year ago, anything and everything I was willing to lie about, because it's safe if nobody knows anything correct about you or what you think. I wasn't engaged in anything illegal or even immoral (as far as I know), but I would just lie because I wanted to keep the outside world from intruding on my inner thoughts. Obviously, it's silly, because no one cares about the trivial things I lied about. These days I make it a point to not give evasive answers and be direct and upfront with regard to my ignorance, embarrassment, or social discomfort. Might be rude occasionally, but I have attracted a lot of friends for a no-nonsense attitude now.

:smalleek: Did you read my mind? Me too!

Plus, I procrastinate to no end, even on things I really want to do.

And I think I'm becoming more antisocial; I'm starting to spend time on the computers at lunch instead of with friends (but my group of friends is now made up of people who annoy me in some way, except two of them:smallyuk:).

And I notice, laugh at or get really excited over very strange things. Highlighters, for instance, have been the culprits often.

And I really need an ego boost; I spend more time thinking up the perfect 'me' to put in fantasy situations than I do in the real world. Literally. Usually, they have psychological issues. This is not healthy.

T'ze'hai
2008-04-29, 03:46 AM
The xkcd law strikes again, this time, in t-shirt form!

http://www.xkcd.com/store/just_shy_shirt_thumb.png

I want need that t-shirt!

Phoe
2008-04-29, 05:09 AM
I'm extremely lazy to the point where it actually stops me achieving the things I want to. I never hand in essays even if the topic is something I enjoy writing about, I always leave everything till the last minute etc.

Dito!!!
It annoys me, that I sometimes can't to seem something going because I'm too lazy and there are so many other things which I'd like to do... I keep on thinking: Tomorrow is another day!... and another day... and another day. F.e. I have to take my car to the garage as there is something wrong with it... since ~4 weeks. Ah well... *sigh*... an other day! :smalltongue:

I'm easily distracted too, so I start a project or something and then loose my enthusiasm/interest and that's it... for the next 2 years. LOL. Aaaaah... annoying also!:smallredface:

Nychta
2008-04-29, 05:21 AM
For me, just look up the definition of ENTJ personality flaws.
I'm serious, I have the lot.

I'm:
Autocratic, dominating, overbearing, pushy, overly-assertive, and I procrastinate at things just because I might fail. I also have a tendency to plan and analyse, which shows itself negatively in my ability to steamroll people who get in the way of my plans or fail to see the one (und presicely von!) efficient way of completing a task.

I never looked up my personality's flaws, quite honestly. But most of those apply to me.
Also, I focus intensely on a few things at a time, but my interest dwindles quickly.
I boast probably far too much. I can't tell.
Also, I'm addicted to exercise now, which is a huge change from my couch-potato state, but takes up a lot more of the day.
When I'm grouchy, I back people into corners where they end up having to admit one of a few unflattering things.

Also, I say 'also' too often. But only while typing. I wonder why?

Groundhog
2008-04-29, 07:01 AM
I'm sick of being so awesome. It makes living in a world full of mundane retards so abrasive.

Mmm... foot.
Yeah, another thing, sometimes I act like Kneenibble did above without intending to. And I don't even like the taste of feet.

Maxymiuk
2008-04-29, 07:33 AM
Ehh, sure, why not...

I lack a good work ethic. Partly to blame is my natural talent for BSing - back in uni I could write a paper in the three hours before class and still manage to get one of the top grades for it.
This eventually caught up with me when I failed to turn in one that actually required mounds of research. It cost me the grade, the class, the GPA, the scholarship, and my life as a carefree student.
The irony is that now, in my low wage job, I'm one of the few people who actually have a work ethic. And I get angry at those who don't, since i means more work for me. Lesson learned, I guess...

I always had trouble relating to people. Add to that the fact that I was fairly easy to rile up, and in school I was the kid everyone else would laugh at. While I've been working on that - I'm far more mellow in my approach to life now, the downside is that I've also completely shot my social life. I see other people as being out to hurt me, so in company I automatically assume a fierce expression, which serves to drive everyone away - at work there's some people who are simply afraid of me.

I lose interest easily. There's been more than a few times on this forum when after typing up close to a page of text in response to a thread I've just said "Ahh, screw it" and closed the browser. I'm thinking about doing it with this response too, so if you don't see it, you'll know why.
The upside is that I don't get irrationally passionate about something - you'll never see me acting like a fanboy, for example. The downside is, I'm not really interested in anything, period. A jack of few trades that drifts from one half-hearted hobby to the next.

I've broken off almost all contact with my parents. There's... a lot of bad blood between us. I did try to reconcile with them once. Things went downhill from the start. The problem is, I know they love me and they care, they're just fumbling about because they don't know how to deal with me. I've been working on making myself calm down and take things in stride, as I said. But... they're still the only two people on this earth capable of infuriating me in five seconds flat.

I've broken every single promise and resolution I ever made to myself, save one.
The only upside: the fact that I've held on to that one for so long has inspired at least two other people to follow my example.

Coming back to that lack of interest... I have a talent for massage. I have a talent for writing. I used to be a fair hand at drawing. I have an excellent feel for rhythm. I'm good at translating between two languages and with a few months work I could add a third into the mix.
And I'm not doing anything with those things.

rubakhin
2008-04-29, 01:12 PM
Oh... Oh my god.
We're the same person.
I think... I... Oh my.

You're a gay Russian guy?

Как дела? :smallamused:

Drascin
2008-04-29, 01:18 PM
...man, where do I even start?

Let's begin by the most obvious: crippling, irrational, utterly stupid shyness. I basically subjected myself to Training from Hell on this one, forcing myself to speak for my groups and taking responsibilities, and I'm getting results, but it had me completely despising myself for being so pathetic for years. Seriously, I couldn't even start a conversation. And let's not get on things like me trembling when having to read a paper in front of my highschool class - my highschool class, people who I had known for five years straight! I still have trouble butting in others' conversations, but I'm getting much better.

Then, there's the whole chronic procrastination syndrome. I am about to fail pretty much everything at uni, and yet, here I am, browsing the internet, instead of trying to get my practicals up to shape and finished. I just can't keep interest in the same matter for long enough to get anything actually done in full - my attention span would be better measured in ferret-seconds.

I have a pathetically weak will at times. Or maybe it's that I just find it really hard to care about things enough to muster actual force of will. Either way, I fall way too easily to temptation, which ashames me to no end.

I am pretty bipolar, too. As I say sometimes, it's like there's "David" and then there's "Gollum" in my head. One of those personalities is the over-empathic, cheerful, slightly arrogant and careless little guy most of you know. The other is a goddamned apathetic and sadistic bastard that ashames me infinitely. Basically, CG and LE crammed in the same head. And then there's the other persona I put on when I do need things done, which I have generally dubbed Drascin due to my screenname everywhere. Yeah, my head's a messed up place.

I also need to get a working sense of comedy. Mine's seriously malfunctoning, and when your outlook on life generally includes taking nothing seriously, it's unbelievably annoying to find yourself unable to get a witty one-liner or two at times.

There are a lot more, but those are the ones I find annoying, per se. Yeah, I grumble a lot about my inability to refuse a plea for help and how I'm a sucker for it, but I know myself, and know that deep down, I'm actually proud of that, and that the grumbling and continuous smartassery at the people who asked is just me being too tsundere for my own good :smallsigh:, so doesn't count.

Zaggab
2008-04-29, 01:44 PM
Let's see... Where to start the self-loathing...

First, I hate my voice. I sound like a crow that has swallowed sandpaper and sawdust. Seriously. And I can't vary my tone or pitch, so I always grind away exactly the same all the time.

Then I dislike my utter lack of social skill. I am about as witty and funny as a lobotomized sloth. I can really see it in the eyes of those I speak with that they think "Why is he even speaking?".

I dislike my laziness when it comes to excercising. I am really in need of exercising, and the school I go to gives me free gold access to the largest gym in town, and I still don't exercise. Also, I live like 100 meters from a running track.

I hate the way I look, and my complete disinterest in trying to look better.

I hate the fact that I procrastinate the most when I have the most things to do.

I don't like how high demands I have of myself. Seriously, I get get pissed off at myself for only getting the second highest grade possible on a speech I didn't rehearse for, in English (which I suck at speaking), when I can't even get high grades when talking in Swedish.

Neither do I like that everytime I post something on the Internet, I'm either ignored, or comes off as a complete idiot.

I could probably go on, but that is another thing I dislike about my self - that as soon as I'm given chance, I go on complaining about myself until everyone around me is ready to simply run away to get away from me.

Telonius
2008-04-29, 02:16 PM
The thing that annoys me most about myself is .. my hearing. More specifically, my lack of hearing. About 30-40% loss in both ears. Doctors can't do a thing about it except suggest hearing aids (and I don't have $4,000 lying around to buy a pair). Having to ask people to repeat every third thing they say is a real pain in the butt.

Sucrose
2008-04-29, 03:05 PM
Neither do I like that everytime I post something on the Internet, I'm either ignored, or comes off as a complete idiot.

For the sake of mild irony, and for my genuine empathy in this sentiment, I have to say I often feel the same way.

Pirate_King
2008-04-29, 04:00 PM
I always have to be right, even when no one cares.

Also, I should be writing an essay on Maus right now, but I'm not.

Shraik
2008-04-29, 04:29 PM
I am slowly turning into my resident DM....It scares me

Nasrudith
2008-04-29, 07:26 PM
I have the opposite problem of Telonius; my hearing is too good has been more of a hindrance than a boon. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BlessedWithSuck) I've gotten extremely disoriented from sound based oscilloscope physics labs to the point of needing to lie down and I need a regular noise in the background to be able to fall asleep like a fan. My build is just plain weird; I'm tall and fairly broad shouldered but I have skeletal hands, skinny arms and legs, yet I still have a gut.

Carrion_Humanoid
2008-04-29, 07:26 PM
I Cant walk past a reflection without stopping to bask in my awesome beauty. . . though I find that awesome. So I guess thats called an Ego Problem, I don't get why its a problem, I'm better than you, deal with it.

CommodoreFluffy
2008-04-29, 08:20 PM
A lot of people think i am rather condescending, and critical of other people, but the person I criticize most is myself. My most vivid memories are of things that I have done which I am ashamed of, even when they are really petty, like when I said "Li-berry" Instead of Library about seven years ago. While I can't drive myself to think of a time when I was genuinely happy. I tend to remember bad things about myself, and they make me shudder, literally in public, my head justs shakes from side to side violently for about half a second, and then it stops. I believe that this contributes to the fact that I am an introvert.

The only reason that I am telling you guys this, is because you don't know me, or at least, don't know that Commodore Fluffy is me. So there is no threat of you getting all in my face, and telling me what I should do in public, you are impersonal.

Phae Nymna
2008-04-29, 09:25 PM
You're a gay Russian guy?

Как дела? :smallamused:

I wish. I'm a guy. I'm gay. I'm miserably American.
Russia is my top choice for relocation. England is second.

Inigo Montoya
2008-04-29, 11:04 PM
I talk way to much, and I tend to get really cosle to people when I talk...I hate it when I do that.

SurlySeraph
2008-04-29, 11:24 PM
Procrastination, nearly complete inability to confide in or trust anyone, inability to talk about my emotions, inability to answer personal questions in a non-hostile manner, insufficient ability to love, pathetic cowardice towards the opposite sex, tendency to delude myself about how virtuous/ wise I am, and tendency to know what I need to do for my own good and then do the exactly opposite thing. Such as, you know, posting on a forum when I have a Latin paper to write and sleep to catch up on.

Also, above all, my lack of self-control and willpower.

cabbagesquirrel
2008-04-30, 12:35 AM
my teeth, i dont drink coffee, i dont smoke and i dont eat a lot of sugar. but they stain so easily. and they have like a tiny bit of uneveness that drives me nuts.

that and im allergic to like everything non food based. ie wasps, bees and ****.

Nychta
2008-04-30, 02:14 AM
@cabbagesquirrel: Will you please join me in protesting against hyperactive immune systems? x_x seriously. Though in my opinion, allergies to food is worse than allergies to non-foods. Aside from my allergy to grass. Rolling down hills, lying on the grass, all of it results in itchiness. Though it has to be said, I am getting better.

Also, with ego, I look in windows all the freaking time, unless I'm talking to a friend.

@All the people who have social problems: I guess I used to be kind of shy. It is lucky that social skills are easy to learn. Believe me. I know it sounds like a lot of BS when people say that they'll like you for "who you are", but funnily enough, it's true. All I did was be a little more social, move in different cliques, and bam. Instant skills. Instant friends. Just add water!

rubakhin
2008-04-30, 02:54 AM
I wish. I'm a guy. I'm gay. I'm miserably American.
Russia is my top choice for relocation. England is second.

(Damn, we are the same person.)

Why Russia? I mean, don't get me wrong, I loathe living in America, and I think that the ancestral homeland might be the only place on Earth where I can be truly happy, but Russia is terrible! It's a good place for Americans who want to go vacation for a while and spend all their money, but I don't know what would interest an American to live there.

cabbagesquirrel
2008-04-30, 03:59 AM
why are there so many gay nerds about and none in aussie!

randman22222
2008-04-30, 07:09 AM
ATM, just one thing: procrastination. God I hope that this is some silly little adolescent bad habit.

Groundhog
2008-04-30, 03:48 PM
Oh, no, it continues into adulthood. I should know, since that's another one of my bad traits, and I am an adult.

Jae
2008-04-30, 07:18 PM
This is a positive, self-esteem helping thread :smallamused:

For of all, I know somebody who basically says all my faults way better than I can...

How to stay paralyzed by fear of abandonment
How to refer to men as solvable predicaments
How to control someone to be a carbon copy of you
How to have that not work and have them run away from you
How to keep people at arms length and never get to close
How to mistrust the ones you supposedly love the most
How to pretend you’re fine and don’t need help from anyone
How to feel worthless unless you’re serving or helping someone

How to hate women when you’re supposed to be a feminist
How to play all biast when you’re really a hypocrite
How to hate God when you’re a prayer and a spiritualist
How to sabotage your fantasies by fear of success

How to lie to yourself and thereby to everyone else
How to keep smiling when you’re thinking of killing yourself
How to numbaholic to avoid going within
How to stay stuck in your life by blaming them for everything

(in 8 easy steps..)

haha i was going to bold the things in that song that apply to me but it's uh
basically everything. there might be a few lines that dont apply but I cant find them.

lets add:
I hate how I cannot make the slightest effort toward looking nice without feeling either guilty or disgusting. Like, idk. wtf am I?? A doll? it doesnt work for me. Besides, if I try and get blahblah compliments its almost like..fake.
if I dont and I get compliments, I feel it must be sincere. :smallamused: my mind works oddly.

im so completely paranoid. Im truly believe in abolishing irrational fear because it stops us from living our lives, but im so not convinced im there yet. or even close. im afraid of the DUMBEST things. gah.

As previously mentioned, I think id care about my apathy toward other peoples opinions...except im a little apathetic. LIKEWISE I wish I could care more if I hurt somebodys feelings. I tend to shrug it off, but its not mine to shrug.

and more things but heh. this would be a long reply.

Phae Nymna
2008-04-30, 07:54 PM
(Damn, we are the same person.)

Why Russia? I mean, don't get me wrong, I loathe living in America, and I think that the ancestral homeland might be the only place on Earth where I can be truly happy, but Russia is terrible! It's a good place for Americans who want to go vacation for a while and spend all their money, but I don't know what would interest an American to live there.

I feel a deep pull towards the country and the culture. I'm always begging my parents to help me get closer to Russia through some way or another. I feel that if I could settle in in a way which satisfied my demons, I would love being away from the grease and slime that is America. I've grown to hate the rulin government, and I have lost all faith in god due to Hurricane Katrina, and I want out. Now. Oh, and what did you ask me earlier in Russian? I wish I could speak and write the language. French is too nasal, Italian is too fast and clicky clacky, and German is like barking dogs. Russian seems elegant. Correct me if I'm wrong. :smallamused:

Hectonkhyres
2008-04-30, 08:10 PM
I have precisely no self confidence, being able to get things done purely through disassociation. My ears stick out a bit too far, I am cursed with a couple unsightly birthmarks on my face, I have had a strange knot behind my left ear since early childhood, and my skull is vaguely asymmetric. I stutter when nervous which, due to having no confidence, is often. I am unable to forgive myself for my transgressions, however minor, and my memory of them goes back to pre-kindergarten.... though this is both a virtue and a vice.

evisiron
2008-04-30, 08:14 PM
I always have to hold up a mirror when people are being hypocritical. For example, when they complain about cops pulling people over for speeding but rant about people speeding. Or point out flaws in other people which they also possess.

I don't think anyone can appreciate it but it eats at my nerves if I remain silent.

This links with my need to be right (although I concede when I am wrong, I just need proof).

I have seen a lot of 'procrastination' posts here, which I do a lot (yay student mentality) but I am actually okay with it. I get things done, even if it does take until 5:30 in the morning before a 7:00am wake up. Two days in a row.
Yeah, crazy schedule at the moment.

My voice (which tends to be on the loud side).

Gaelbert
2008-04-30, 08:21 PM
Besides, if I try and get blahblah compliments its almost like..fake.
if I dont and I get compliments, I feel it must be sincere. :smallamused: my mind works oddly.
I was being sincere the other day.

Jae
2008-04-30, 08:27 PM
I was being sincere the other day.
I believe you.
but I will never get why..

EDIT: and, actually, I didnt mean that in the sense that people are lying but more in the sense that..im lying?? If I try, I mean. Its practically deceiving. if i look pretty all on my own, then theres no way I could be tricking anybody.
that sounds paranoid because it is

Em Blackleaf
2008-04-30, 08:31 PM
There's always something wrong with my hair. I blush too easily. My bangs are too thick. I'm reading so many books at once I never have time to finish a single one and they KEEP PILING UP! I constantly worry about my appearance (I don't even hate my appearance, I just hate that I worry about it). My toe nails look weird. My FINGER nails look weird. I can never remember how to spell weird. I worry too much about how people think of me. I feel weird about posting this. I'm obsessive about spelling and punctuation (which is why I feel lost without spellcheck). I'm smart but I feel like I don't deserve praise for good grades because it all seems too easy. Which I hate. I get songs stuck in my head too easily. I think there's a lot more about myself that I find annoying that I'm holding back.

My thighs.

Kay... all done... my list is too long.

Dragonrider
2008-04-30, 08:46 PM
I have body image issues which I know are totally irrational (I'm quite a small person) but they stem from the days when I was slightly overweight (and the fact that my mom has the fastest metabolism EVER).

I can't stand up for myself or other people. It scares me because I don't know what would happen if I, like, saw someone get mugged...and I know I'm a black belt in karate but I don't know whether I have the self-confidence to do something about it.

This is both a curse and a blessing - I am NOT a procrastinator. I get everything done as quickly and efficiently as possible, and when it's all done, I'm really stressed because I have this inner fear that if I'm not working then I must be doing something wrong.

Anglabbey
2008-04-30, 09:01 PM
I don't know as much French as I wish I did. . .

Xeava
2008-05-03, 04:02 AM
the fact that I have ambitions to go somewhere or do something great.....then I lack the motivation to actually do It when the time comes around.
That and the fact that I have a terrible short term memory and can only ever remember usless cr*p like daddy long legs aren't the most vemomous spider in the world despite the rumours and that deadly nightshade is some how related to tomatoes and potatos!
I ask you, How is that even useful to know?

Oh yeah, I can't stand up for my self and I actually like people telling what to do! ( I actually saw an ad for the army and saw appeal......)

I hate my appearance and I DON'T photograph well.....
definate body issues....ugh loose weight........

I procrastinate......

Thin cr*ppy hair.....

I hate critisismn (suck at spelling too) I try hard to do something and I breakdown and become obsesive over something If I am critisized.
In fact even though I have a bad memory the moments in my life that I remember most were the time I was told of for something. I remember one time in third grade......

this list is way too long so I'll finish up...

Oh yeah I have a really negative personality and always seem to find only faults...........

OwlbearUltimate
2008-05-03, 10:41 PM
I definately take things way too seriously sometimes, and not seriously enough in serious situations. (bad combo) I can easy get impatient or ahead of myself. I regret many of my decisions in the past, and I have strong conscious, which stops me from having fun sometimes. I get less respect than I deserve from many of my friends, and the friends I choose are not always the best.

I wish I had some closer friends, I do not trust many of my friends. I hate that my conscious keeps me from breaking my long long non-conformist streak (though I also love it too!) I wish I could be more outspoken when hanging out with some new group of friends. I also wish I could do better at sports, even after I practised as much (and sometimes more) than many of my friends at golf, they still beat me ever single time.