PDA

View Full Version : Scintillating Pattern duration

Frosty
2008-04-28, 10:03 PM
I am very confused about the Scintillating Pattern spell. The spell description leads me to believe it's sort of like Glitterdust, where the burst of dust is instantaneous, but the dust lasts rounds/level. But unlike gltiterdust, the duration is Concentration +2 Round. And then in the effects, it says creatres with 13or more HD are Confused for 1d4 rounds.

I am just confused as to how the spell works. Can someone help me out here? how long does it last? Is it a cloud of some sort I can move? Or is it a spread that stays there and any creature that walks in are affected?

Frosty
2008-04-29, 11:58 AM
*bump* anyone?

Fenix_of_Doom
2008-04-29, 12:11 PM
My guess would be that the effect is instantanious and has the effect noted after the hit dice, but that the Scintillating Pattern itself stays for Concentration + 2 rounds.

CthulhuM
2008-04-29, 02:51 PM
Yeah, the pattern itself remains for concentration + 2 rounds, and anyone who enters it after its initial creation is affected as determined by their hit dice (up to the total number of hit dice the spell can affect). The individual effects last as long as they say they do, regardless of the duration of the spell itself.