PDA

View Full Version : Anything else I should add to my gestalt?

perpetualnoise
2008-04-29, 01:07 AM
Hi all, thanks in advance for any advice I recieve.

Now, I just finished making my gestalt for my campaign, more or less a Glaivelock.

Human Warlock 9/ Hellfire Warlock 1//Rogue 3 (third lvl variant from dungeonscape)/ Swashbuckler 7

obviously, he's only lvl 10 at the time being.

I plan on finishing both Warlock (after HW) and Swashbuckler.

Feats: Aberrant Blood, (I forget the name, but its the one that gives you +5 reach, -1 to attack, prerequist of Aberrant Blood), Combat Reflexes, Daring Outlaw, and Power Attack.

Going on the WBL chart, I have 48,000 gp to spend on items... anything in particular I should get? (please note which book its in if applicable)

also, for future feats?

thanks again

Talic
2008-04-29, 01:54 AM
Ditch Rogue/Swashbuckler. use the Mummified Creature Template from Libris Mortis, and add in Evolved Undead every level for Str Boost and Cha boost (and a SLA every level).

Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4248799&postcount=32) is a link for the non hellfire version.

Fell Flight and Ignore the Pyre will take care of most of the race weaknesses, and a Hat of Disguise will get the rest.

perpetualnoise
2008-04-29, 05:30 AM
That sounds good and all but it's not really what I had in mind, mainly because the DM said no to undead.

Talic
2008-04-29, 05:38 AM
In that case:

warlock 9/HF War 1 // Rogue 9/Shadowdancer 1

That avoids multiclass penalties, and gets you sneak attack +5d6, Eld Blast 5d6, and whatever the level 1 boost for HFW is. (I think 2d6?), as well as Hide in Plain Sight, which will help sneak attack, with the warlock Darkness as a SLA.

perpetualnoise
2008-04-29, 06:36 AM
Yeah, but with full warlock eldritch blast and rogues full sneak attack (thanks to daring outlaw), plus the 6d6 hellfire (3 lvls of hellfire warlock) is 26d6 on a single sneak attack, with 4 melee touch attacks by lvl 20 (thanks to swashbucklers full BAB progression) thats 26d6 / 16d6 x3 when using eldritch glaive.

there are plenty of other ways to become invisible or cause flanking to them for the sneak attack

im more looking for the what feats i should invest in and what items would help me maximize his potential.

thanks

Istari
2008-04-29, 06:37 AM
I dont think you suffer multiclassing penalties for genalst.Correct me if im wrong

perpetualnoise
2008-04-29, 06:49 AM
like most things, it can all be resolved by Rule 0, that is DM discretion. Some enforce it, others not so much. Humans ignore it :smallbiggrin: