PDA

View Full Version : Get GTA4 Off the internet

veilrap
2008-04-29, 11:07 AM
Is it just me, or does it seem like nearly every site you visit is being cluttered with way too many ads, news, and references to GTA4? I'm really getting sick of it.

Now I don't really have a problem with the game itself, I've had a little bit of fun with some of the previous installments, but it just seems like half of the internet has decided GTA4 is the best thing sliced bread. And its barely even released! ACk!

Ranis
2008-04-29, 11:14 AM
It makes me wonder if the same thing will happen that happened with Jeff Gerstman; someone at a reputable game site will come along and trash GTA4 and get fired over it. All we can do is wait and see.

Holammer
2008-04-30, 05:32 AM
Is it just me, or does it seem like nearly every site you visit is being cluttered with way too many ads, news, and references to GTA4? I'm really getting sick of it.

Now I don't really have a problem with the game itself, I've had a little bit of fun with some of the previous installments, but it just seems like half of the internet has decided GTA4 is the best thing sliced bread. And its barely even released! ACk!

It *is* better than sliced bread, getting close to peanut butter jelly sandwich too!

Darth Mario
2008-04-30, 07:08 AM
For the record, people were doing this with Smash Bros. Brawl LONG before it was released. Not that I'm complaining, they were right. :)

SilverSheriff
2008-04-30, 07:32 AM
GTA4 is the best thing since sliced bread.

I spent most of the Arvo playing it at my local Game-shop, excellent gameplay.

I even missed a school camp to play it, it's worth it.

I coulda really went with a break from Home...

valadil
2008-04-30, 10:35 AM
I'd rather have GTA4 spamming news sites than Ron Paul. At least GTA4 is easy on the eyes. Oh and I'm sure that once everyone gets their hands on it they'll be too busy playing to write about it.

Daze
2008-04-30, 04:17 PM
Too busy playing to talk about it...

But yup, best thing since PB&J with a side of chocolate milk.

The cell phone and open mission structure is what makes it so hard to put down... the completionist in me doesnt want to miss a single mission! (or make my dates mad.. heh)

LurkerInPlayground
2008-04-30, 04:28 PM

Jerry Holkins of Penny Arcade echoes my sentiments on the game.

Grand Theft Auto - like Gran Turismo - is a game that we have a difficult time integrating into our consciousness. Gran Turismo got this way by being an uncompromising simulation of something we don't care about, a blisteringly high-resolution image of a ketchup packet or a strip of bark. Ketchup fans and bark enthusiasts are going nuts, they'll pay forty dollars for part of the image. I played the second one a million years ago, earned enough money to wash my virtual car, and then quit the series forever.
http://www.penny-arcade.com/2008/4/28/

As for everybody talking about it:
That is called marketing.

warty goblin
2008-04-30, 04:33 PM
The media blitz has made me secretly (well, not anymore, after saying it here) thankful that GTAIV isn't out on the PC, since I'm a PC only gamer and so can escape from the hype.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the game really is the greatest thing since sliced bread. And that's great for the sliced bread people out there, but I happen to like my bread not pre-sliced, so seeing adds for Sliced Bread v2.0 is pretty irrelevant to me. Seeing them everygoddamnwhere however is just plain annoying. Particularly since they only have like three different adds, which look pretty much just like the last batch of GTA adds, so it just gets visually boring.