PDA

View Full Version : A little help with my D&D world's Super Heroes. (long)

Repeekluos
2008-04-29, 01:31 PM
Thanks in advance for reading this.

In my game, there is a group of high level adventurers that have taken on the task of protecting their home country/planet. Whenever large scale evil threatens the planet, they are there to protect and serve. Once these adventurers reached a high level, they got sick of having nations vie for their power in political struggles. They decided the best way to end this, was fake their own deaths in a dungeon crawl. Not wanting to give up protecting their realm, they took on secret identities and emerged a year later as “The Spectrum”. Developing a costume theme to hide who they actually are, they now patrol vast landscapes, and foil the plans of evil doers world wide. Cheesy, yes. It is supposed to be The characters all have very good Stats. The Array is: 18, 16, 16, 14, 12 and 10. I am currently AFB, but will try to update when I get them back. House Rules: Good Stat Block, Paizo, Energy Channeling, Skills and Races. Any help optimizing these guys would be great! The Spectrum is made up by:

Team Leader, The Indigo Blade. (Human Female)
I was thinking a skillful Intelligent leader type that is somewhat more martial than caster, but with some casting ability. I don’t want to go full gish, but more of a Jack of all Trades type. I think:
Beguiler-6, Swiftblade-10, Warblade-4 Should work somewhat well. CL 16, IL 12.
Stats for all characters are pre equipment. All characters will have very similar equipment, minus armor and signature weapons.

Str-14+2
Dex-16+3
Con-16+3
Int-20+5
Wis-10
Cha-12+1
Feats: Able Learner, Dodge, Mobility, Combat Expertise, Spring Attack, Practiced Spellcaster, Arcane Strike, Bounding Assault, Martial Maneuver (Shadow Hand Something), Martial Stance (Assassins Stance), Shadowblade . WB Bonus: Improved Initiative.

Team Bruiser, The Crimson Fury. (Goliath Male)
Obviously going charger for this guy Barbarian-1 (Lion Totem, Mountain Rage), Fighter-6 (Dungeon Crasher), Frenzied Berserker-10, Warblade-3. IL 11

Str-22+6
Dex-14+2
Con-16+3
Int-14+1
Wis-12+1
Cha-10
Feats: Instantaneous Rage, Intimidating Rage, Power Attack, Cleave, Improved Bull Rush, Shock Trooper, Leap Attack, Improved Sunder, Combat Brute.

Team Sneak, The Charcoal Mist. (Whisper Gnome Male)
Uber Stealth here. I have little to no experience making super stealthy characters, so I will need a lot of help with this guy. Rogue-2, Fighter-2 (SA variant), Rogue-3, Ninja Spy-9 (Oriental Adventures), Swordsage-4. IL 12, SA 10d6 before items.

Str-12+1
Dex-20+5
Con-18+4
Int-12+1
Wis-16+3
Cha-8-1
Feats: Dodge, Darkstalker, Improved Initiative, Quick Reconnoiter, ???? I’m at a loss for feats. Shadowblade at 18th though….

Team Mage, The Emerald Blaze. (Magic Blooded, LPA Female)
Pretty overt blaster here, but is also the teams transportation and close quarters communications. Likes making dazzling displays with spells. Sorcerer-6, Incantatrix-10 (gives up Necromancy), Mindbender-1, Wayfarer Guide-1, Argent Savant-2.

Str-10
Dex-16+3
Con-16+3
Int-14+2
Wis-12+1
Cha-22+6
Feats: Iron Will, Extend Spell, Empower Spell, Maximize Spell, Twin Spell, Energy Substitution, Energy Admixture, Arcane Thesis (Orb of Force, or something better), ?? I have an Idea for the last two, but I cant remember the names. They are Metamagic Tactical feats from Complete Mage. I don’t know if both are good, but I remember one being pretty sweet.

Team Healer, The Alabaster Wind. (Human Male)
Super Healer, plain and simple. Cleric-6, Radiant Servant of Pelor-10, Divine Oracle-2, Contemplative-2. Healing, Sun, Strength and Glory Domains.

Str-14+2
Dex-12+1
Con-16+3
Int-10
Wis-20+5
Cha-16+3
Feats: Extend Spell, Extra Turning, Augment Healing, Persist Spell, Divine Metamagic (Persist Spell), Domain Spontaneity, Imbued Healing.

Team Morale Officer, The Golden Crescendo. (Human Male)
This guy I have very little clue about. He won’t be a great damage dealer, but he will look pretty flashy on the field. I like the thought of: Bard-1, Barbarian-1 (Lion Totem), Fighter-4, Warchanter-10, Warblade-2, Bloodclaw Master-2.

Str-12+1
Dex-18+4
Con-14+2
Int-16+3
Wis-10
Cha- 18+4
Feats: Are a bit sketchy as of right now. I will edit when I have my books)Able Learner, Two Weapon Fighting, Combat Expertise, Power Attack, Weapon Focus Kukri, Improved Two Weapon Fighting, (there is a feat from ToB, but I cant remember the name. I will have to get back on this when I have my books).

That is the gist of the team. Any and all help with feats and such would be greatly appreciated. If you see anything out of place, or something the character doesnt qualify for, please let me know. I havent attached feats to levels yet, but once I get my books back I will. I would like to have these guys finished by the time the party gets to meet them (which will be quite a while). Again, thank you for taking the time (those of you that do).

Repeekluos
2008-05-01, 02:53 PM
No ideas?

Hmmm, that's a bit of a shame.

Grug
2008-05-01, 04:03 PM
Have you thought of villains already? Evil in a can is always popular...

Repeekluos
2008-05-01, 05:14 PM
I’ve got all of the villains.
The party will eventually be working with these guys to fight said villains.

One is a bard lich, one is a "worm that walks" and the other is a Lolth Touched weird build Hell Knight. There are also several minions that the will have to run through.

MorkaisChosen
2008-05-02, 05:54 AM
Morale Officer could have a touch of Marshal in there (particularly good if they're working with the PCs, because the Marshal basically can't do very much himself (he's like a Cleric that's run out of spells...), but can make all his allies better.

Repeekluos
2008-05-02, 09:19 AM
Someone else brought up Marshal and I forgot to add it in. I guess I should think about doing that today.