PDA

View Full Version : Mario Kart Wii

Leper_Kahn
2008-04-29, 02:13 PM
Wow! It's so much fun! I use the wiimote and the diving wheel that comes with it. It's a little less accurate, and I haven't won very much because of it. However, it's so much more fun than the GC controller.

Anyway, we've got another game that has online so I figured we should post our codes so we can play together.

Mine: 4940-5900-6181

Cynan Machae
2008-04-29, 03:55 PM
Ack, I wanted to start this :P

Anyway, yes, it's pretty cool, and the online mode is SOOO much better than Brawl's.

The Driving Wheel is still in the box :smalltongue: Maybe I'll try it :smallwink:

Anyway, here is my FC: 5112-3851-6539

Dihan
2008-04-29, 04:03 PM
I personally prefer the Gamecube controller to the wheel. I'll post my FC later perhaps.

The Necroswanso
2008-04-29, 04:33 PM
I prefer the GC controlelr.

However I can't say I'm too happy with the game. It brings only the same tired and tedious gameplay that Double Dash brought us. Not to mention it got entirely too lazy with having about 50% of the tracks being from the previous titles.

endoperez
2008-04-30, 02:28 AM
I prefer the GC controlelr.

However I can't say I'm too happy with the game. It brings only the same tired and tedious gameplay that Double Dash brought us. Not to mention it got entirely too lazy with having about 50% of the tracks being from the previous titles.

I think Nintendo can afford to be lazy, because the console has sold much more than the previous ones, and to a very different audience, and thus there will be people who won't know if it's new or not.

The Duskblade
2008-04-30, 04:56 AM
They've always remade old tracks. And personally I'm happy with it that way. My one problem is I've become to adjusted to the wheel. The one time I picked up the wavebird I drove off an edge because rather then moving the joystick I tried to just turn the controller :smalleek:

And the online is surprisingly top quality.

Hzurr
2008-04-30, 09:35 PM

Double Dash had 16 new tracks, Wii has 16 new tracks plus 16 "best of" tracks. Doesn't sound lazy to me at all.

I actually really enjoyed double dash. When you find other people to play with, and have dedicated drivers and dedicated item-ers (?), the game was amazing. I can't count how many times my roommate, his girlfriend, my frined Charlie and I did the all-course GP on 150cc in double dash. We had a blast every time.

That being said, I am disapointed in the verses and battle modes on Mario Kart Wii. I'd like options to do 2-4 player battle modes, or do co-op gp races. The online stuff is cool, but since my Wii isn't connected, I'm dependent to local multiplayer, which I find really lacking.

Icewalker
2008-04-30, 10:40 PM
I know almost nothing about it. I've heard it is a little stale, bringing little new, but I know almost nothing else and haven't played much of the others. Oh, I also heard the online is excellent, but my internet isn't up currently.

So, why should I buy it? Give me reasons, o great playground!

SerenityKry
2008-05-04, 09:50 PM
So, why should I buy it? Give me reasons, o great playground!

I haven't had a whole lot of time with the game quite yet. The wheel really does bring an insanely fun factor to the game though. Sure you could race your races ten times better with a Gamecube controller in your hands but sometimes it's just fun to sit there with the wheel and get into it.

Some of the newer tracks ar awesome to say the least.

The online mode is key here though I think, it just opens it to a whole other level for the game. Now you don't have to rely on your friends to come over and play you. Pass the Wii Codes around and you're set.

Definitely just look around for opinions and give the game a look at least.

RTGoodman
2008-05-04, 10:08 PM
I haven't played Mario Kart since the N64 version, so how much different is this version? My family has become obsessed with the Wii (you know, that they got me for Christmas and I barely use), so I think they'll probably get it at some point, but I wasn't sure if it'd be the same as the old or if there are so many new gadgets and gizmos that it's unrecognizable.

Cynan Machae
2008-05-04, 10:38 PM
The online mode is key here though I think, it just opens it to a whole other level for the game. Now you don't have to rely on your friends to come over and play you. Pass the Wii Codes around and you're set.
Yea, online is definitely the best about Mario Kart Wii. I've played all afternoon with my bro, my friend and his bro, and 8 other random people, and it was defninitely very fun. No lag is a very new thing from nintendo, 12 people at once is so much beter than the regular "4 human in a game" from past games, and all other online features like sending ghosts, records, tournaments, are really good features.

I haven't played Mario Kart since the N64 version, so how much different is this version? My family has become obsessed with the Wii (you know, that they got me for Christmas and I barely use), so I think they'll probably get it at some point, but I wasn't sure if it'd be the same as the old or if there are so many new gadgets and gizmos that it's unrecognizable.
I've almost only played SNES MK and a bit of N64, and I can say that it's the same game, with a few stuff added, like Bikes, tricks in the air, a few new items (which I think are quite fun) and new tracks. I don't know about the Mario Kart games after N64, but now 32 tracks is really a great number. So no, I don't think you won't recognize it :smalltongue:

So, no other GitPers aside from me and LK that is sharing their friend code? :smallfrown:

Icewalker
2008-05-04, 10:43 PM
I've played the 64 version and Double Dash, and they are very similar. By the way, does the new one have the blue sparks deal from DD? I got good at those.

RTGoodman
2008-05-04, 10:58 PM
So, no other GitPers aside from me and LK that is sharing their friend code? :smallfrown:

Well, if my family gets it and I find I'm halfway decent at it (since I'm still pretty bad at the Wii control system), I might figure out my code again and post it. Of course, I'll likely just stick with CoD4 or Rock Band, because I know I'm already good at those. :smalltongue:

Cynan Machae
2008-05-05, 12:11 AM
I've played the 64 version and Double Dash, and they are very similar. By the way, does the new one have the blue sparks deal from DD? I got good at those.
Yes, it still have it. Haven't really played DD, but I know what you are talking about :smalltongue:

Hzurr
2008-05-05, 01:25 AM

Kindof. But there's no more random stick waggling. Now you can set sparks to automatic (the game decides when you're gaining "spark power" or whatever you want to call it), or manual, where you have to use B to start it (like in DD or 64). The amount of time it takes to charge up to blue sparks (or eventually gold sparks, if you're in a kart), depends on which vehicle you use, how fast you're going, and how much you're turning. If you're flying down a course and you do a hairpin turn, you can build up sparks very quickly. If you're going around a slow gentle turn, it takes a bit longer. Regardless, you never have any "snaking" like you would see in DD, where people would weave back and forth getting blue sparks on long strait stretches of tracks. Although, if you're in a bike, you can do a wheely to get speed on long straight stretches, which is kindof awesome.

Icewalker
2008-05-05, 06:21 PM
Aw, they got rid of the stick tappiness? I was good at that :smalltongue:

Hzurr
2008-05-05, 10:02 PM
Aw, they got rid of the stick tappiness? I was good at that :smalltongue:

Yeah...I was the dedicated driver in Double Dash (hmm...the DD in DD?), but I had a back seat person who was awesome at it. I'm a bit sad to see it go, but I understand why that got rid of it.

The J Pizzel
2008-05-07, 10:44 AM
Hey gang,
I bought it when it came out and have played the hell out of it my my wife. We went ahead and got two wheels. When we tried to get online it said I couldn't. I have wireless in the house and I CAN connect to wii server and buy points and such, I just can't connect in Mario Kart. Also, what is this wii code ya'll are giving out. Me and my wife have had a wii since christmas, but we mainly only play multiplayer games during drinking parties and bbq's. I'm pretty out of date on the rest of it's features. Please explain.

jP

Cynan Machae
2008-05-07, 11:20 AM
What do you mean you can't connect in Mario Kart? Do you get an error number or something? If you are sure your Wii can access to a wireless connection, sometimes the Nintendo servers are down/busy, maybe try a bit later.

The Friend Code people are giving out is the code you'll be given when you log into the WiFi Connection of Mario Kart. This code is specific to each game. You can codes people give you, and when both people do so, it enable them to play together.