PDA

View Full Version : Nietzscheans from Anderomeda

Hurlbut
2008-04-29, 09:43 PM
How would you stat them if you were using, say, the SWSE ruleset?

Solo
2008-04-29, 09:46 PM
If you're doing what I think you are doing, we are on the verge of something that is either terribly good or just plain terrible.

Dode
2008-04-29, 09:47 PM
I would just use the Skarn race from Magic of Incarnum

Hurlbut
2008-04-29, 09:52 PM
I would just use the Skarn race from Magic of IncarnumExcept I don't have that book :P

Anyway here is something my friend and I came up with;
Nietzchean
+2 Con, - 2Wis
Hardy but overly agressive

Bone Blades natural weapon 1d6 19-20
Martial Arts feats may apply to Bone Blades
Immune to poison and disease

Please take apart and give comments. I don't think it need to be final.

Emperor Tippy
2008-04-29, 11:15 PM
We have a homebrew forum for thsi kind of thing.

And they really should have at least the following:
+2 Strength
+2 Dexterity
+2 Con
+2 Intelligence
+2 Charisma

Immunity to Poison and Disease
Bone Blades

And a bunch of racial feats.

They are genetically engineered to be better than normal humans in every way. They are stronger, faster, have greater endurance, are more intelligent, and are more beautiful than a normal human. And those +2's should really be even higher.

Superior Races really don't work at low LA's.

Mewtarthio
2008-04-29, 11:34 PM
Imagine my disappointment when I opened what I thought would be a topic about extraterrestrial existentialists, only to find a topic about an SF show that I'm not familiar with. :smallannoyed: Shame on you, OP!

Kizara
2008-04-29, 11:42 PM
We have a homebrew forum for thsi kind of thing.

And they really should have at least the following:
+2 Strength
+2 Dexterity
+2 Con
+2 Intelligence
+2 Charisma

Immunity to Poison and Disease
Bone Blades

And a bunch of racial feats.

They are genetically engineered to be better than normal humans in every way. They are stronger, faster, have greater endurance, are more intelligent, and are more beautiful than a normal human. And those +2's should really be even higher.

Superior Races really don't work at low LA's.

Have bone blades be 1d4 x2 slashing weapons btw.

I'd bump the adjustments to +4 str, +2 dex, +4 con, +2 int, +2 cha. They mainly seem stronger and tougher (including things like less need to breathe and such) then humans. They add typical human traits (bonus feat/skills).

Finally, give them a bonus to intimidate and sense motive.

Hurlbut
2008-04-29, 11:45 PM
Imagine my disappointment when I opened what I thought would be a topic about extraterrestrial existentialists, only to find a topic about an SF show that I'm not familiar with. :smallannoyed: Shame on you, OP!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nietzschean_(Andromeda)
I don't know if that may interest you but at least that will tell you the essence behind the Nietzscheans :smallamused:

Emperor Tippy
2008-04-30, 12:10 AM
Have bone blades be 1d4 x2 slashing weapons btw.

I'd bump the adjustments to +4 str, +2 dex, +4 con, +2 int, +2 cha. They mainly seem stronger and tougher (including things like less need to breathe and such) then humans. They add typical human traits (bonus feat/skills).

Finally, give them a bonus to intimidate and sense motive.

If I was stating them out I would give them a flat 18 in all physical stats, +2 Int, +4 Cha, and a ton of other abilities.

The genetic variation in the Nietzschean's is very, very tiny. To the point where genetically identical people are born in the group. All of them are engineered beyond human perfection in all physical attributes.

dukeh016
2008-04-30, 12:37 AM
Nietzschean

+ 4 Wis, +4 Int, -4 Con (Empty Chest Penalty)

3 Times/Day Ubermensch +4 Str,+4 Con, DR 10/Western Capitalism

1 Time/Day Zarathustra Speak Confuse Opponent DC 25 Will (Or do you even have the will to begin with?)

...Well somebody had to do it...

Regards,
Duke

P.S. For stats on Nietzsche in Space, see PHB pg 153, Bowie In Space

Illiterate Scribe
2008-04-30, 02:21 AM
Also, some form of 'And when you use a gaze attack on a Nietzschean, the Nietzschean uses a gaze attack also against you'.

Hurlbut
2008-05-01, 02:24 PM
*sigh* back on topic, I made another attempt at Nietzchean traits. I used the wookie as the base and then modified and add and remove and tweak.
Here is my yet another pathetic attempt at a viable Player race in SWSE rule set.

(edited: updated traits, after consulting with a friend, I have added to it and tweaked it)
Nietzchean:
A genetically modified warrior race that religiously follow the works of
Friedrich Nietzsche, Social Darwinism and Dawkinite genetic competitiveness.
They claim to be physically perfect.

Personality: Nietzchean tend to be prideful, impulsive, loyal, and short-tempered

Philosophy: Nietzscheans pride themselves on their attractiveness, strength,
cunning, and treachery.

"Our people were meant to be living gods, warrior-poets who roamed the stars
bringing civilization, not cowards and bullies who prey on the weak and kill
each other for sport. I never imagined they'd prove themselves so inferior.
I didn't betray our people — they betrayed themselves."
-Gaheris Rhade, idealist

Physical Description: Nietzscheans are distinguished from ordinary humans by
bone blades protruding outwards from the wrist area. Their appearances often
represent an idealistic human form.

Nietzchean species traits

Ability Modifiers: +2 Strength, -2 Dexterity, +2 Constition, -2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma
Powerful and hardy, their greater bone and muscle mass tend to make them
less nimble than most. They are often aggressive and arrogant.

Medium Size: As medium creatures, Nietzcheans have no special bonuses or
penalties due to their size.

Speed: Nietzchean base speed is 6 squares

Great Fortitude: Nietzcheans gain a +2 species bonus to their Fortitude
defense. Nietzcheans have great health with a natural resistance to toxins
and illness.

Low-Light Vision: Nietzchean ignore concealment (but not total concealment)
from darkness.

Bone Blades: A natural outgrowth, the distinctive bone blades can be either
perpendicular to a forearm or can lay on a forearm with blade tips pointed
toward the arm elbow and are controlled by a voluntary muscle on each
forearm that attaches to the bone blades. The bone blades are made of a
bone-like substance, and can be used as a natural weapon. In personal combat
the blades are perpendicular to the forearm to stab an opponent.
-Natural weapon that deal 1d4 slashing

Illiterate Scribe
2008-05-01, 02:42 PM
*sigh* back on topic, I made another attempt at Nietzchean traits.

:smallannoyed:

Excuse me, what are you talking about? We are discussing Nietzscheans from Andromeda.

Hurlbut
2008-05-01, 02:47 PM
:smallannoyed:

Excuse me, what are you talking about? We are discussing Nietzscheans from Andromeda.Ah sorry, your post is some what reasonable. It's dukeh016's post that's a bit off.

psychoticbarber
2008-05-01, 02:47 PM
Nietzschean

+ 4 Wis, +4 Int, -4 Con (Empty Chest Penalty)

3 Times/Day Ubermensch +4 Str,+4 Con, DR 10/Western Capitalism

1 Time/Day Zarathustra Speak Confuse Opponent DC 25 Will (Or do you even have the will to begin with?)

Regards,
Duke[/I]

Going Under
The character can receive a bonus to his wisdom. However, the character much bugger off by himself for a long time, accept that God is dead, and remember that everybody else is part of the herd.

Not recommended for PCs.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-05-01, 02:59 PM
Hmm ... should Nietzscheans have access to the 'Half-Napoleon' template? It's not in the original fluff, but, c'mon, Rodion Raskolnikov is quite patently a Nietzschean.

Bayar
2008-05-01, 03:14 PM
Those modifiers I see up there would lead to high Level Adjustment. So the playability would be...almost 0.

Try +2 STR. Yes, a +2 and no penalties.
Bone blades as percing/slashing weapons that deal 1d6 damage.
And for a bonus, slap an Ego score on them :smallbiggrin:

Emperor Tippy
2008-05-01, 03:52 PM
Those modifiers I see up there would lead to high Level Adjustment. So the playability would be...almost 0.

Try +2 STR. Yes, a +2 and no penalties.
Bone blades as percing/slashing weapons that deal 1d6 damage.
And for a bonus, slap an Ego score on them :smallbiggrin:

Again, does not fit.

A Nietzschean is 5 times stronger and faster than an average human. Thats 22 strength and assuming an equal distribution across all physical traits thats 22 Dex as well.

There constitution should actually be about that high as well, plus a lot of other traits mostly expressed through feats and skill bonuses.

An unmodified human has a maximum score of 18 (before leveling up). Nietzscheans are above that level in every physical catagory.

Hurlbut
2008-05-01, 05:01 PM
2 times as fast actually

Starbuck_II
2008-05-01, 05:23 PM
Boneblades are not powerful weaponry.

Emperor Tippy: Physically N's might be better, but they are the same in mentals. They are stubborn, prideful, and act foolish/rash. That could easily means -2 Wisdom (in fact a few races in 3.5 have minus for wosdom for same reason).

In the words of Dinobot: Predacons [Niezcheans] gloat too much!

Solo:

If you're doing what I think you are doing, we are on the verge of something that is either terribly good or just plain terrible

Can't it be both?

Though, what about Dylan? He bested Nietzcheans at every turn and lived to tell the tale.
Personally, I loved the story of Tyr Anasazi, out of Victoria by Barbarossa Anasazi of the Kodiak Pride.

MammonAzrael
2008-05-01, 05:35 PM
Medium
Base land speed: 60'

Nietzscheans don't roll for physical attributes because of their genetic modifications. Instead all Nietzscheans have the following physical scores:
22 Str
Dex 20
Con 20

+4 Int
+4 Chr
Endure Elements (Ex)
Immunity to nonmagical poisons and diseases
Bone Blades (Ex): 2x 1d4, 19-20/x2
Bonus Skill points
Bonus Feat
Max Age: 150

I'd give them at least that much. Then they might get more free feats, such as options:
Imp Init
Endurance
Weapon Focus

They'll need at least a +3 Lv adjustment, possible more depending on how many feats you give them. And any Nietzschean is likely to have at least a couple levels in a class, probably something like Warblade, which I would make their favored class.

Hurlbut
2008-05-01, 07:16 PM
There is no Level Adjustment in Star Wars Saga Edition (SWSE) Mammon.

Amur_Tiger
2008-05-02, 01:42 AM
I'd recommend a negative to wisdom to balance out some of the positives, since it does tend to reflect their tendency to miss the forest for the trees, perhaps give them some + to spot/listen checks to compensate a bit in skills that they would be good at despite low wisdom in other things

Krrth
2008-05-02, 08:33 AM
Though, what about Dylan? He bested Nietzcheans at every turn and lived to tell the tale.
Personally, I loved the story of Tyr Anasazi, out of Victoria by Barbarossa Anasazi of the Kodiak Pride.

The thing to remember about Dylan is he wasn't entirely human. The Heavy Grav side added a lot. NOt to mention the high level commando training.

MammonAzrael
2008-05-02, 12:08 PM
There is no Level Adjustment in Star Wars Saga Edition (SWSE) Mammon.

Sorry, I missed the SWSE specification.