PDA

View Full Version : Firefox Help

Rare Pink Leech
2008-04-30, 09:13 AM
As you can probably tell from the thread title, Firefox is my usual browser. The other day I went to Wikipedia, only to discover that none of the images are showing up. When I go to Wikipedia on Internet Explorer they do show up. When in Firefox, if I click where they should be, and click again to see the highest resolution available I can see them, but it's pretty annoying having to click to see anything. I cleared my cache, browsing history, etc., in case that was causing the problem, but I still can't see any images. That's about as far as my knowledge extends to try to fix it myself. Hopefully other Playgrounders will be able to help me out. Thanks, guys.

Woofsie
2008-04-30, 09:57 AM
Maybe you accidently clicked on "block images from wikipedia.org"?

Rare Pink Leech
2008-04-30, 10:42 AM
It's a possibility, but where would I do that? I don't even know where to look to see if I've blocked images for Wikipedia or not :smallredface:

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-04-30, 11:44 AM
Not sure where Firefox may keep individual site preferencs like blocked images, but here's a Firefox help page for images that don't load: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Images+or+animations+do+not+show

Mattarias, King.
2008-04-30, 12:25 PM
You have any firefox addons like noscript or adblock plus? Those might be the source of the problem, too. :smallconfused:

Rare Pink Leech
2008-04-30, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the help everyone, the problem's now fixed. Images were indeed blocked for all wiki sites, although how that happened I have no idea. Thanks again.