PDA

View Full Version : I know, I know, this has been done before

Degausser
2008-04-30, 09:18 AM
Yes, It's obviously been done before, but strangely enough, I couldn't find the thread or it so . . . Yes, I'm making the OOtS stats, with a few, hopefully, unique ideas.

I am also aware that the artist purposfully does NOT endorse or write stats for his characters, to keep them maliuable for the story. I'm just doing this for fun.

These SHOULD be current until the siege of Azure city.

Notes:
If I forgot something, let me know, I'll fix it

If I miscalculated something, let me know, I'll fix it.

If you don't think PC X should have thing Y because it's not "optimization" then keep your mouth shut. I made these as close to the comic as I could, not to make the most crazy PCs I could.

SPECIAL:
I made a special "background" feat for all characters, to represent their abilities in the comic that aren't standard DnD. These are specific to the character and not meant to be taken seriously as new feats. Some of them are a bit overpowered and some underpowered. Just go with the flow.

Also, I made a new skill (Knowledge, Tactics) and made it a class skill for fighters.

In order to determine what the PCs have in the way of gear, I took what I could from the comics and the rest I used the standard "wealth by level" table modified for the PCs personal use.

Now, the big question is what lvl the PCs were at. Eventually, I settled on 13. Now, I know there is controversy, but, there are three reasons that I chose lvl 13.

1)When Varsuvious buffs the soldiers, he says he can only do 13 people. Assuming a 1 person/lvl limit, that is lvl 13.

2)We have never seen the Order do anything above lvl 13 directly.

3)When Roy is talking to Xykon on the dragon, the Lich mentions that Roy is "probably" 8 levels lower than him. Now if he is lvl 21 (capable of Epic-lvl spells) then that would make Roy 13 (It should be noted that he mentions character levels, NOT ECL.)

http://www.angelfire.com/80s/alternate/b/OOTS_Stats.html

nosignal
2008-04-30, 09:28 AM
You couldn't find this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61354)? :smallconfused:

lord of kobolds
2008-04-30, 10:59 AM
Do we get to harvest her organs now????
i call dibs on the spleen!!:smalltongue:

Calinero
2008-04-30, 01:12 PM
Now, now. Organ harvesting isn't fair. These kinds of threads require thought, as opposed to the three seconds it takes to ask "OMG! What will hapen when OOTS convirts to forth edition?" (spelling errors intentional.) Now, I agree that some sort of penalty (toes? fingers?) may be in order, but not on the scale of organs.

Jayngfet
2008-04-30, 01:42 PM
Now, now. Organ harvesting isn't fair. These kinds of threads require thought, as opposed to the three seconds it takes to ask "OMG! What will hapen when OOTS convirts to forth edition?" (spelling errors intentional.) Now, I agree that some sort of penalty (toes? fingers?) may be in order, but not on the scale of organs.

tongue? If so I call it.

Teron
2008-04-30, 01:57 PM
I'll take the finger- and toenails, then, same as always.

Degausser
2008-04-30, 03:24 PM
Okay, so, first off, I'm a guy, I just happen to think Halfling spellcasters are funny and there is no "Male Halfling sorcerer" avatar
Second . . . uh, "Protection from Organ Harvest!"

Now, there are two main differences between that thread and my thread. That thread takes ONLY empirical data from the comic, and fills in what has been specifically stated in the comic. My thread uses all the story comics as a jumping point, and then generates one possible (I'd like to think likely) set of stats for all the OOtS characters.

Still, if you want to crucify me and fillet me alive on the forums, well, this is the internet, I don't think I really expected much better. I just kinda hoped that someone might find it interesting.

EDIT: Not that the other thread is bad, in fact, I think it's kinda cool. It's just that these threads are marginally different.

Also
It would seem carrying Durkon is now a comedy thing and less of an 'actual' thing as we have seen him carried by other people now. So, either it's comedy (such as Belkar speaking too loudly and Sundering Elan's blade) or the following happens:
1)Roy's full plate allows him to go at full 30ft movement AND run at x5
2)Both Roy and . . . uh, what'shisname have sufficient strength to carry him without any encomberance penalties, OR Durkon's armor somehow makes him light enough to carry without TOO much problem.

Spiryt
2008-04-30, 04:20 PM
No, this thread is Really the same thing as C&L Geekery, I'm afraid.

It would seem carrying Durkon is now a comedy thing and less of an 'actual' thing as we have seen him carried by other people now. So, either it's comedy (such as Belkar speaking too loudly and Sundering Elan's blade) or the following happens:
1)Roy's full plate allows him to go at full 30ft movement AND run at x5
2)Both Roy and . . . uh, what'shisname have sufficient strength to carry him without any encomberance penalties, OR Durkon's armor somehow makes him light enough to carry without TOO much problem.

This, for example had been already carefuly analized and stated in C&L G. Go and check.

Jayngfet
2008-04-30, 05:35 PM
Okay, so, first off, I'm a guy, I just happen to think Halfling spellcasters are funny and there is no "Male Halfling sorcerer" avatar
Second . . . uh, "Protection from Organ Harvest!"

the tongue is a muscle, and now its mine

muhahahahahahahahahah

Szilard
2008-04-30, 07:29 PM
I'll have the eyes.

Calinero
2008-04-30, 09:00 PM
I'll have the eyes.

Eyes count as organs. Could I interest you in some ears?

Szilard
2008-04-30, 09:10 PM
Sure, ears sound good, how many you got?

Fostire
2008-04-30, 09:34 PM

May i direct you to this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33589). Just post a request for a male halfling caster avatar.

Mauve Shirt
2008-04-30, 09:44 PM
I'd like the spine please.

GingerM
2008-04-30, 10:17 PM
Sure, ears sound good, how many you got?

I think standard issue newb adventuring gear starts out with 2 per PC. But I'd have to check the rulebook.