PDA

View Full Version : The best Gaara build...

kentma57
2008-04-30, 09:50 AM
I would love to see a good Gaara (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaara) build. How about 15th-20th level standard starting gold. Any books can be used just list them for me.

Primal Fury
2008-04-30, 09:57 AM
i'm not entirely sure of how it went, but over at the gleemax forums they have him as an empty vessel shaper (you know, psionics and all that), plus they have builds for most of the other naruto characters too, but i'm not sure where to find them, it has been a while since i've looked at them.

hope that helps.

Frosty
2008-04-30, 10:28 AM
Isn't there a Sandshaper class somewhere?

Primal Fury
2008-04-30, 03:38 PM
ah, glad Wraithy posted the thread with the weird name dont think i wouldve found it otherwise, i believe what you looking for is right here (http://forums.gleemax.com/leaving.php?destination=http://boards1.wizards.com/showpost.php%3Fp%3D8505687%26postcount%3D30). it has the shaper version, and the sorcerer/sand shaper varient. :smallsmile:

lord_khaine
2008-04-30, 03:46 PM
i dont think the sandshaper is the best idea, as i recall its mostly just a sorcerer who makes items out of sand.

a reflavored psion/wilder should fit it a lot better, for a start a combination of Vigor/inertial armor would make a decent armor of sand, and there are also lots of offensive powers that would fit well with a little bit of reflavoring.

Tengu
2008-04-30, 03:49 PM
Remember to give him an item that emits Prismatic Spray and repeats his name with Ghost Sound each time someone says it!

Eldariel
2008-04-30, 04:21 PM
It needs to say Gaara of the Funk into the tune of the music. And that must happen every time someone says his name, except for DM fiats.

Rogue 7
2008-04-30, 08:57 PM
You know, there's a massive Naruto d20 ruleset out there (It's based off of d20 modern) that'll let you stat up Gaara, Naruto, and every other Ninja out there. I think there are something like four or five PbP Naruto d20 games going on right now here. While it'd be interesting to see what you could do with plain old D&D, there's another option for you.

Solo
2008-04-30, 09:18 PM
It needs to say Gaara of the Funk into the tune of the music. And that must happen every time someone says his name, except for DM fiats.

Gaara of the Funk!

Paragon Badger
2008-05-01, 01:51 AM
You know, there's a massive Naruto d20 ruleset out there (It's based off of d20 modern) that'll let you stat up Gaara, Naruto, and every other Ninja out there. I think there are something like four or five PbP Naruto d20 games going on right now here. While it'd be interesting to see what you could do with plain old D&D, there's another option for you.

Isn't the part 1 Gaara in that book around level 4, but has an AC of around 30? :smalltongue:

Rock Lee's 6 or 7-ish, If I recall..

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-05-01, 02:03 AM
Isn't the part 1 Gaara in that book around level 4, but has an AC of around 30? :smalltongue:

Rock Lee's 6 or 7-ish, If I recall..Garra is the DMNPC that exists solely to beat on the party so when he gets beat, they know they're in trouble.

Paragon Badger
2008-05-01, 02:38 AM
Nah, he's easy.

Just don't use physical attacks. :smalltongue:

The sand shield is not also spell resistence. :smalltongue:

Callos_DeTerran
2008-05-01, 10:37 AM
Nah, he's easy.

Just don't use physical attacks. unless you do three in a row to wear him down:smalltongue:

The sand shield is not also spell resistence. :smalltongue:

And don't hit him because then he gets mad and a CR 24 sand raccoon comes out.

Additions in bold.