PDA

View Full Version : [RACE] Silver Dwarf

Kenori
2008-04-30, 03:58 PM
Just something I had been working up on for a while now.

SILVER DWARVES

Silver Dwarves are a subrace of the normal Iron Dwarves, but to look at them, you wouldn't hardly think they were dwarves at all. They have a natural charisma and appeal that some would say would be on par with the halflings, and this, among other things, is why they draw so much ire from other Dwarves. Being born a Silver Dwarf is to be born into prejudie and hate that has gone back as far as the Dwarf/Elf uprising. Despite this, the Silver Dwarves have done their best to fit in to their society, and do everything they can to make themselves useful.

History: Silver Dwarves began to appear shortly after the Dwarf/Elf Uprising against the dragons, when the Dwarves were allowed to go back to their own minehalls again. They were shown more than a little bit of suspicion because of the way they look.

Physical Desc: Silver Dwarves are slightly taller and leaner than their Iron Dwarf brothers, usually about 3 1/2 to 41/2 feet tall and weighing about 140 to 200 pounds. Their hair is usually a light red, blonde, or silver. Their, eyes, however, are usually what set them apart, usually being very dragon like, with slit pupils, this furthor cements Dwarven suspicion of draconic influence in their bloodline.

Personality: Silver Dwarves, though are outcast in most of their society, keep an upbeat and positive attitude about their predicament, always sure they will win over their dwarf brothers through sheer force of magneticsm, which is usually not far from the truth. Their personalities bleed through into just about everything they make and do.

Religion: Most Silver Dwarves worship the same gods as those of the Iron Dwarves, thought not usually the more martial deities. A few Silver Dwarves also go the way of the Cloaks of Callendbor and take a more magical course in their lives, though most see it as too constraining.

Alignment: Due to the cheerful and upbeat manner in which the Silver Dwarves live, they are usually Good, though their against the grain attitude makes them mostly chaotic, this usually puts them at odds with the Iron Dwarves Lawful Good outlook on life. Nevertheless, they accept their brothers view of the world, even if they think its a little stuffy.

Silver Dwarf Lands: Silver Dwarves have no lands of their own, but can usually be found in any large capacity of Iron Dwarves. Silver Dwarves can also be found in Human settlements, plying their trade as mages if they have been kicked out of their Dwarven lands, a very real possibility for them.

Silver Dwarf Names: Silver Dwarves receive the same names as their Iron Dwarf brothers. However, they must be especially wary not to dishonor their name.

SILVER DWARF RACIAL TRAITS

*) +4 Cha. -2 Str. Silver Dwarves are a bright and charismatic lot, but are not as tough as their Iron Dwarf brothers.

*) Small Size. Silver Dwarves gain all the benefits and penalties as small sized creatures.

*) Land Speed: 20 Ft.

*) Dark Vision: 60 Ft.

*) +2 Racial bonus to save throws against Spells and Spell-Like effects. Silver Dwarves, having some draconic blood, gain a slight protection against magic.

*)+2 Racial bonus to Knowledge (Arcana) checks. If these checks are made to spot a magical work of stone (such as a magically created stone wall, or the illusion of stone) this bonus increases to +4. Silver Dwarves are particularly adept with magic, especially magic related to their own homes.

*) Choose three 0 level Wizard/Sorcerer spells. A silver dwarf may cast these spells 1/day as if he were a sorcerer of the silver dwarf's level.

*) Favored Class: Sorcerer or Bard. The first level of either Sorcerer or Bard that a Silver Dwarf takes becomes his favored class. A Silver Dwarf's inner spirit lends itself well to both a Bard and a Sorcerer.

Level Adjustment: +1

Any help would be most appreciated.

lord of kobolds
2008-04-30, 06:28 PM
I have one question.
would these dwarves be spicy or savory?

Kenori
2008-05-01, 08:37 AM
Oh, quite spicy.

thevorpalbunny
2008-05-01, 08:00 PM
They seem more like gnomes than dwarves.

lord of kobolds
2008-05-01, 08:23 PM
They seem more like gnomes than dwarves.

if not elves

Kenori
2008-05-02, 08:38 AM
I realise this, which is why I'm also changing the gnomes around. I'll be posting some other races in the coming weeks.

Burley
2008-05-02, 09:57 AM
This is exactly what I think gnomes should have been. Very nice race, even if you did mix up the words "dwarf" and "gnome" a few dozen times. :smalltongue:
Really, though. I likes. Very good, and fairly well balances, to boot.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-05-02, 10:30 AM
I think Bard should also be in there, with their +4 charisma and their attitude.

Kenori
2008-05-02, 10:40 AM
I think Bard should also be in there, with their +4 charisma and their attitude.

Thats actually a pretty good idea. I think I'll use that. Thanks Dallas.

Kenori
2008-05-06, 12:25 PM
The reason I didnt do these as Gnomes (and trust me, it was tempting) is because the gnomes in my campaign are a lot different than normal Gnomes. They are very technically oriented and have a lot of bonuses to technical aspects. Also Artificer or Tinkerer are they're favored class.