PDA

View Full Version : When you die, what happens to you mini's and dice?

evisiron
2008-04-30, 08:29 PM
This is primarily for warhammer/ 40k, but could apply to many other things as well. Basically, when you make and paint a miniature, you put a little bit of yourself into it. It follows your style, and people could normally say "[name] made that".

So, what would you want done with your most personal miniatures and lucky dice when you pass on?
Given to a friend?
Sold by family?
Buried with you?
Something different?

AtomicKitKat
2008-04-30, 08:38 PM
Likelihood? Descendants. I don't really plan on dying, which could prove complicating if I wind up with 2304218749 kids to divide my meagre assets among.

CommodoreFluffy
2008-04-30, 09:15 PM
buried with me, who else would want 'em?

Danzaver
2008-05-01, 12:55 AM
I have given my miniatures strict instructions that upon my passing, they are to invade France.

As for all my RPing books etc... well, hopefully one of my nephews or nieces (because I won't have kids) will have an interest in roleplaying - I will probably still be DMing when I am 70, so there is a good chance of that happening.

If I die before then, which is likely, I expect my sister will have them.

That someone is still able to enjoy them is the most important thing.

I would like my DM's screen with all of the little shiny stars for all the player kills I have got framed though (still no TPK - not yet).

Narmoth
2008-05-01, 02:28 AM
They will all pass down to my little sister, who will then continue my marvelous Dming legacy.
Except for the drow priestess miniature. That one will be buried with me.

bosssmiley
2008-05-01, 12:26 PM
Viking funeral. I shall be taking my tiny warriors to Valhalla with me when I go.

"Vile Loki-spawn! I, the Mighty Thor, the Thunderer, the Odinson, doth declare thine army list a load of twinked-out beardy cheese and cheap tricks. Craven and Hel-cursed I call thee, backslider from the true drengarweg! Nastrond awaits thy swinish ways!"
"Huh. *I* ain't the one who plays Chaos."

Cristo Meyers
2008-05-01, 12:32 PM
Hard to say, right now they may as well be buried since I haven't taken them out of the closet in...hell, over a year now.

Seriously, I think I'd donate them or something. I'm sure there's a gamer in need somewhere that could use 'em.