PDA

View Full Version : Movie Build help

Demons_eye
2008-04-30, 10:19 PM
Looking for a build close as posible to A****aka from Princess Mononoke(with the demon arm). I cant really find any thing on the demon arm thing.

Demons_eye
2008-04-30, 10:21 PM
Well hell they banned his name.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Mononoke

Demons_eye
2008-05-01, 05:59 AM
lots of views but no help so far.....

shadow_archmagi
2008-05-01, 06:01 AM
Note the 2nd through 5th letters of his name. Hence the censorship.

Solo
2008-05-01, 06:08 AM
Looking for a build close as posible to A****aka from Princess Mononoke(with the demon arm). I cant really find any thing on the demon arm thing.

How about a little Fist of Stone (SpC)

Demons_eye
2008-05-01, 08:31 PM
Hmmm I shall look into this Thanks.

FlyMolo
2008-05-01, 09:18 PM
Grafts! They're perfect! And possibly Acolyte of the Skin for Demony bits. There are fiendish grafts, though. I do not remember if any give another arm, though.

Demons_eye
2008-05-02, 06:52 PM
Hmmm how would that work?

Behold_the_Void
2008-05-03, 12:26 AM
Ash itaka is more or less a mounted archery build with a bit of close-combat proficiency, ranger would probably suit him pretty well. It's hard to duplicate the curse effectively for the bow and arrow within the D&D system though. The best you could do is give him an unnaturally high strength (through some kind of enhancement) and have his bow be composite enough to accomodate that bonus. He was fighting mooks, so killing them in one arrow at higher levels isn't TOO difficult and you can flavor it as shooting their heads off because of the curse.

bosssmiley
2008-05-03, 06:42 AM
Grafts! They're perfect! And possibly Acolyte of the Skin for Demony bits. There are fiendish grafts, though. I do not remember if any give another arm, though.

Dang! Beaten to it. :smallwink:

Amazed this took half-a-dozen posts though.

Grafts are in BoVD and LoM IIRC (oh, and there are pirate grafts in Dragon #318). They're effectively magical items that require you to lop a chunk of yourself off. Think dinkier versions of the Hand, Eye and Head of Vecna.

Demons_eye
2008-05-03, 07:23 AM
But what book is grafts in? And how dose it work?

Zephyros
2008-05-03, 06:10 PM
You can use the grafts or daelkyr symbionts that appear in Eberron Campaign Setting and Magic of Eberron. IIRC there is one that actually is a demon arm-hand, its called crawling gauntlet I think. There's also a prestige that helps the character fight demons (or daelkyr w/e) with their own ways. It's called the impure prince.