PDA

View Full Version : Pounce and Battle Leader's Charge?

Frosty
2008-04-30, 11:09 PM
If I charge using Battle Leader's Charge, do I get +10 damage on every one of my hits during the charge?

Tokiko Mima
2008-05-01, 09:39 AM
There are two ways of really looking at this:

a) Yes, they combine because Pounce gives you a full-attack instead of a single attack whenever you charge, and BLC specifies that you are charging. Just like the +2 attack bonus and the -2 AC applies to every attack you make in the round you charged, BLC's +10 to damage should apply to every attack made as part of a charge.

OR

b) No, because you used your full-round action to initiate BLC, and didn't use the action to charge. The wording of BLC specifies a single attack so you don't get to pounce and use the manuever at the same time.

If I were the DM I would go with A) because it makes more sense to me. Granted, if the player actually used this combo that would mean that the next barbarian horde the players faced would have several BLC equipped Spirit Lion totems in it. :smallwink:

Frosty
2008-05-01, 10:13 AM
It would make sense for the horde to either have ALL Lion totems of none at all for the most part. Most tribes choose one totem to worship exclusively iirc, so one tribe might have all Wolf totem barbs and another tribe might have all Lion totem barbs.

Tokiko Mima
2008-05-01, 10:36 AM
That would be pretty nasty. Imagine a horde of 30 Barbarian (Spirit Lion Totem) 1/Crusader 1's using BLC and all in Leading the Charge stance. Assuming that the barbarians could hit the players at all, the results would rather bad. I guess that's when it pays to be a wizard with a Fly spell.

Frosty
2008-05-01, 10:46 AM
and imagine a high level barbarian chief with War Leader's charge (the highest level charge maneuver). When he charges, he can get everyone else to charge WITH him, and for each one that charges, the bonus damage goes up! And they all attack multiple times!!