PDA

View Full Version : Half Nymph Shade Priestress

Cilvyn
2008-05-01, 03:36 AM
Hello everyone,

I'll stop Dming in my group and i was thinking about a specefic class but i could not find anything like i had in mind so I created a new one. Please add your comment here about how balanced this race+class is and if I should change anything. Forgive me for any spelling mistakes.

Thak you,

Cilvyn

Nymph Shade Priestress

Game Rule information
Shade priestresses have the following statistics:
Abilities: Charisma is very inportant for casting spells. Dexterty is needed for her role in combat and extra defence. Intelligence gives the Shade Priestress more outcombat options.
Alignment: Any neutral or CG, NG , LE, NE.
Hit die: d6. (no constitution bonus when leveling)

Class Skill
Appraise(int),Balance (dex), Bluff(cha), Consentration(con), Diplomacy(cha) Disguise(cha), Escape Artist(dex), Gather Information(cha), Handle Animal(cha), Hide(dex), Knowledge Nature/Arcana(int), Listen(wis), Move Silently(dex), Perform Any(cha), Spellcraft(int), Tumble(dex).
Skillpoints at 1th level: (6+ int modefier)x 4
Skillpoints at Each Additional Level: 6+int modefier.

Class Features
All of the following are class features of the Shade Priestress
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Shade Priestresses are proficient with all simple weapons but her body is not capable of wearing any armor or shield that protects the body and grands a AC bonus, though it can wear cloth.
Nymphs Nature:
As Nymph you have the following adjustments:
- Because you are bound to what Nature taught you, you cannot choose feats as you normaly could by reaching 3th,6th,9th,12th,15th and 18th Level
- Your body isn’t used to cary anything, so you can’t bear any load with you, though you can wear armor rings and other body slot items. In additional you cannot wear boots because of the need to feel the earth. Also you cannot do anything wichfor you need moderate of more strenght.
- You are a creature from nature, you cannot do anything harmfull towards it. You can attack creatures who are of opposite alignment or take hostile actions against you, but you cannot cut a tree or somthing like that. If you do anything harmfull to nature you lose your Body of Nature ability and your +4 hide,disguise and move silently bonusses when in forest terrain.
- As part of nature you need to have an amount of sunlight absorbed during the day, if not you suffer a constitution damage of 2 per day witout sunlight. In additional you do not regain any hitpoints nor ability points during the night if you had not a day with at least 1 hour of sun behind you.
- You have lowlight vision and are immune to poison, sleep and paralise effects. Your land speed increases with 10 ft. when you are in a forest. And also have a +4 bonus on hide, disguise and move silently checks when in forrest terain.
Magic Focus: At first level a Shade Priestress may select the following feats as bonus feat. Once you choose your feat you are bound to the magic school where the feat is based on (for example if you choose cloudy conjuring as your bonus feat you are only capable to cast spells of the conjuration school)
- Cloudy Conjuration - Insightfill Divination
- Dazzling Illusion - Piercing Evocation
- Energy Abjuration - Unsettling Enchantment
- Fearsome Necromancy
You also receive half the bonus spells from your modefier you normaly should get.
Fast Body: When reaching 3th level you gain Weapon finesse as bonus feet. Your battle experience grands you the two weapon fighting feat when reaching 5t level.
Body Of Nature: A Nymph Shade Priestress who reaches 4th level has a body so pure and filled with healing grace from nature, it gets Fast healing 1. This ability stacks with 1 at 8th,12th,16th and 20th level.
Half Fey: Since you are born from one Nymph parent you slowly develop nymph racial abilities.
- 5th level: Fey Heritage: grants you a +3 will save against enchantment spells
- 9th level: Fey presence: spell-like abilities 1/day: Cure moderate wounds(2d8), Charm Monster ( creature acts like your friend for one day/level will negates), Wood Wose( nature does a small task for you )
- 11th level: Fey Legacy: Spell-like abilities 1/day: Quench(range 100+10/lvl area: 20ft cube/level, you can put out a fire, or counter a spell from the fire type with a 1d20+1/lvl against 11+spell-level check for every spell in the area. Dimension Door, Summon Natures Ally IV( Medium elemental, Tiger or Unicorn)
- 13th level: Fey Skin: You gain damage reduction 4/cold iron
Sneak Attack: because you are very agile and not quick to detect you can sneak onto a foe and stab it on a vunerable spot. At 5th level you gain sneak attack 1d6. this ability increases every five levels with 1d6.
Improved Magic Focus: When a Shade Priestress Reaches 7th level she becomes more skilled in her magic. She may select any reserve feat wich require to cast a specific level spell (Complete Mage)
Nymphs Wrath: The more you get experienced the more beautifull you become. At 14th level you gain the blinding beauty ability. Every humanoid within 20 ft of you must succeed a 10+1/2 Shade Priestress’ level+charisma modefier Fortitude save or becomes blinded permanently as by a blind spell. You can supress this ability at any time as a free action. At 17th level you gain the Stunning Glance ability 1/day. With a direct look you can stun a creature within 30 ft. for 1d4 rounds. A fortitude save of 10+1/2 Shade Priestress’ level+ charisma modefier negates this effect.
Spells: starting from level 1 a Shade Priestress can cast spells of her selected magic school. The saving throw against her spells is 10+spell level + charisma modefier. She may draw spells from the sorcerer and druid spell list.
She doest have to prepaire spells and knows all spells from her selected magic school. Herefor she has to complete a ritual for each time you learn your first spell from a higer level.

Kredine
2008-05-01, 05:31 AM
How many spells do they get a day?
I can't see anything about that listed here.

kamikasei
2008-05-01, 05:51 AM
This probably belongs in the Homebrew forum; you might want to ask a mod to move it there. There are guides and templates there that will help you standardize the layout of the class and features, which will help people get a handle on it and provide useful criticism.

I'm a little confused as to the purpose of the class. Is the idea to let you play a Nymph from level 1 by rolling your racial abilities into a class progression? Is this a class that normal MM1 nymphs are supposed to be taking? You need to be clearer on your intent here.

KillianHawkeye
2008-05-01, 07:23 AM
In all honesty, there seem to be a lot of problems with this class. I think you need to rework the idea and seperate the racial aspects from the class abilities. Races and classes are almost entirely distinct in D&D 3.X (except for certain Prestige Classes).

This class seems to be breaking several universal rules of D&D, so please reconsider the following points:

Alignment: Any neutral or CG, NG , LE, NE.

This is a bizarre alignment restriction. So I can be anything except LG or CE??

Hit die: d6. (no constitution bonus when leveling)

No Constitution bonus to HP? No. Just no. Put it back the way it should be.

Because you are bound to what Nature taught you, you cannot choose feats as you normaly could by reaching 3th,6th,9th,12th,15th and 18th Level

I'm sorry, what? You don't get ANY feats after 1st level? You're kidding, right? Note that ACTUAL NYMPHS get feats at 3rd and 6th HD JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE! Unacceptable.

Your body isn’t used to cary anything, so you can’t bear any load with you, though you can wear armor rings and other body slot items.

Wait, so now I can't even CARRY things?!?!?? Am I some kind of cripple or something?

In additional you cannot wear boots because of the need to feel the earth.

Is it against my religion? I don't get it. Even halflings wear shoes nowadays. I suppose I also can't run, jump, swim, climb a rope, ride a horse, or be the subject of a fly or leviate spell.

You are a creature from nature, you cannot do anything harmfull towards it. You can attack creatures who are of opposite alignment or take hostile actions against you, but you cannot cut a tree or somthing like that.

And now I can't even attack somebody unless they have the opposite alignment as I do????? Worse than the Paladin's code.

---===---

As far as the rest of it goes, it's kind of like taking a class for 20 levels to get worse abilities than an ECL 13 Nymph. And to do so you have to give up feats, Constitution, Strength, and the ability to do anything remotely useful? And there are way too many restrictions that don't make any sense. I can't wear shoes, cut down trees, carry items, or stay all day indoors? Even though these are all things actual Nymphs can do???

The only reason to take this class would be if it was a 100%-non-combat BoEF game and I spent the whole time naked. But then again, I could just do that with an actual Nymph.

P.S. Sorry if that was a bit harsh. I'd advise asking some experienced people on the Homebrew forum to make something for you that fits the theme you want.

LoneGamer
2008-05-01, 10:03 AM
What's the idea behind this class? It's tons of restrictions for effectively what? Taking away feat progression is a huge problem. As is removing CON modifier from HP. There appears to be no coherent theme for the class from what you've posted.