PDA

View Full Version : The Hostages & V's Eyes [Possible Spoilers]

Emanick
2008-05-01, 10:42 AM
First of all, I'd like to suggest the theory that Lien and Banjo are both captives. It fits perfectly, since Lien is with them at the diplomacy and now isn't. Additionally, Daigo wouldn't consider Banjo a hostage, but Elan would. (And apparently, the tribesorcs consider him more than a hostage. :smallbiggrin:) I'm sure half of you have already thought of this, but heck, it's probably worth a thread.
Also, Vaarsuvius must be extremely exhausted by now, or else emiciated. His/her veins are actually showing! Is it possible to turn into a zombie by overwork? (I predict a future pun on that, actually. :smalltongue:)
So, theories on why and how the orcs successfully wrested Banjo from Elan's hand?

lord of kobolds
2008-05-01, 10:55 AM
there is a thread for this comic, so people will probably start harvesting your organs soon. if so, i get the spleen!

FujinAkari
2008-05-01, 11:01 AM
there is a thread for this comic, so people will probably start harvesting your organs soon. if so, i get the spleen!

They'd better not. That happens with 4E threads, not a thread which has NEVER EXISTED BEFORE.

This is the EXACT OPPOSITE of an overposted 4E thread.

MyrddinDerwydd
2008-05-01, 12:09 PM
It is a little silly to start a thread that deals with, oh, every major issue in the current comic...

FujinAkari
2008-05-01, 12:22 PM
It is a little silly to start a thread that deals with, oh, every major issue in the current comic...

True enough, but organ harvesting (which is the systematic deconstruction of a living being, thus ensuring their inability to be properly laid to rest and denying them their afterlife) should be reserved for heinous crimes like posting a thread when there are 2-3 exactly like it... not wanting to talk about specifics of the current comic :P

Remirach
2008-05-01, 05:17 PM
Organ harvesting is a bit extreme in this case (irony alert!) but it's a little annoying when this exact idea was suggested in the main comic thread. Yes, it looks like the "hostages" are Lien and Banjo.

As to WHY they wrested Banjo away, perhaps they felt Elan's companions were insufficiently respectful of His Exalted Puppetness. HOW they got him, I'm not sure. I mean, they could have overpowered Elan, but then wouldn't he have wound up as a hostage as well? He might have handed Banjo over for some reason.

Nightmarenny
2008-05-01, 05:17 PM

especially when its not really a discussion and more opservation of cairly obvious and alreay expressed plot points.

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-01, 05:24 PM
Why is everyone convinced it's Lien? I see no evidence of that.

Duke
2008-05-01, 05:35 PM

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j215/blabla-bluh-blah/Lien.gif

Remirach
2008-05-01, 05:36 PM
She was with Elan, Daigo, and Durkon as a part of the group seeking diplomatic relations. But she's not with them any more. We don't know of more than one parlay with the orcs, and we know they now have a hostage, so who else would it be?

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-01, 05:37 PM
Doh!:smalltongue:

Surfing HalfOrc
2008-05-01, 05:51 PM
Organ harvesting is a bit extreme in this case (irony alert!) but it's a little annoying when this exact idea was suggested in the main comic thread. Yes, it looks like the "hostages" are Lien and Banjo.

The main thread has a tendancy to be a mix of good ideas and "Good Strip!" as well as a number of other things. Separating out the good ideas from the noise is not a bad thing, and certianly not an organ harvesting thing.

I agree with one or two of the above posters, Elan would consider Banjo AND Lien to be two separate hostages, while Daigo would only consider Lien to be a hostage.

Beholder1995
2008-05-01, 06:28 PM
Well, even if it's not Lien, the other "hostage" is quite likely Banjo. Who else could it be? Elan's not one to confuse things. :smallbiggrin:

Remirach
2008-05-01, 08:08 PM
The main thread has a tendancy to be a mix of good ideas and "Good Strip!" as well as a number of other things. Separating out the good ideas from the noise is not a bad thing, and certianly not an organ harvesting thing.

Well, that's true. This particular topic seemed a little unimportant to warrant its own thread, but apparently not everyone thinks so.

Organ harvesting should probably be reserved for 4th Ed and "I figured out Vaarsuivus' gender!" threads. "I think Right-Eye's daughter is XXX established character" threads should also probably warrant a penalty. I suggest face doodling, or a stiff tickling.

SteveMB
2008-05-01, 08:50 PM
Daigo wouldn't consider Banjo a hostage, but Elan would.

Daigo probably wouldn't think of Banjo at all, unless "can we make those orcs think that Banjo commands them to release the real hostage?" occurs to him.

Mewtarthio
2008-05-01, 11:49 PM

Seconded. I mean, I honestly don't even read the main threads. They're far too long and incoherently jumbled for a proper discussion.

Still, it would have been better to just make a thread to discuss the hostages. The comment about V's horrible degeneration is irrelevant.

Cen
2008-05-02, 07:09 AM
Also, Vaarsuvius must be extremely exhausted by now, or else emiciated. His/her veins are actually showing! Is it possible to turn into a zombie by overwork?

Errrr zombified by overwork? Nah, I can't see V becoming mindless-brain eating zombie by that, BUT I as I remember, if an extremely powerful mage (a.k.a. V) is so concentrated on his work that he forgets to eat/sleep/etc he can become a lich without even realising it...

Laurentio
2008-05-02, 07:18 AM
Errrr zombified by overwork? Nah, I can't see V becoming mindless-brain eating zombie by that, BUT I as I remember, if an extremely powerful mage (a.k.a. V) is so concentrated on his work that he forgets to eat/sleep/etc he can become a lich without even realising it...
Please don't. People is already crazily speculating on how V will betray the whole group to became a lich and partner with Xykon.
You know what is creepy? That as an animated skeleton, V wouldn't became MORE genderless. Just the same.

Minimal rational: in D&D you can't work to much as a mage. Eight hours a day, no more. So, you HAVE to take your time in samething different.

Laurentio

Roc Ness
2008-05-04, 05:25 AM

I'm getting readings from my familiar, Roc Ness. He says he wants the eyeballs for his pet rock