PDA

View Full Version : Choosing a Legacy Item

StoryKeeper
2008-05-01, 04:41 PM
In our campaign, the DM has told us that we must each choose a legacy item or magic item set that we wish to obtain at some point in the campaign. This can be something already in a book, or something homebrewed. Here's the thing, I have no idea what I want.

Thanks to the completely awesome homebrew class that a completely awesome person (who's name I can't recall... SORRY!) my Yuan-ti pureblood Champion of Flames gets flaming weapons, fire resistance, the ability to summon fire elementals, and more! I pretty much get all of the coolest fire stuff as a class feature.

Unfortunately, this means that I'm already getting everything I could want as far as my fire schtick goes, and so a legacy item or magic item set that makes me even more fiery doesn't really hold much charm.

Any suggestions for what item(s) I should select/create?

Nohwl
2008-05-01, 06:35 PM
if there isnt a legacy item that gives wind effects, try homebrewing one. then argue that your fire is spread around by your weapon.

Cuddly
2008-05-01, 06:38 PM
Better yet, how about a legacy weapon that lets you overcome fire resistance and immunity?

StoryKeeper
2008-05-01, 07:20 PM
Better yet, how about a legacy weapon that lets you overcome fire resistance and immunity?

Actually, she already has that as a class feature too.

UserClone
2008-05-01, 07:56 PM
You may need protection from cold, maybe? Something to punch through SR/antimagic? Where did you get the homebrew? Sounds awesome! Linky?

StoryKeeper
2008-05-01, 08:07 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72870&page=5

Toward the top.

Something to help me punch through more defenses would be nice, and it would fit the character rather nicely. However, I do prefer unique powers and spell-like abilities over simple attack enhancers. Any thoughts on something like that?

The idea of the wind weapon was a good idea too, but another guy in the group has already decided to do a magic item set that incorporates various element-based into its repertoire. I could get away with fire-based stuff (if you can think of any that I don't already have) and perhaps cold or water based stuff (because of the contrast), but any other element-based stuff would kind of steal his thunder.

Please keep the ideas coming.

(Hmm... something to steal an enemy's thunder maybe? :smallamused:)

Revanmal
2008-05-01, 08:40 PM
Maybe something like Light or Darkness?

Dragon of the Darkness Flame, anyone?

StoryKeeper
2008-05-01, 08:42 PM
Is that a Yu Yu Hakusho reference?

Hmm... ya, light or darkness would probably work, although I'd like to hear some more suggestions as well.

holywhippet
2008-05-01, 08:44 PM
How about a weapon with the speed enchantment for a bonus attack per round? Also, an item with a permanent true sight spell is always useful.

Look at the other weapon special enchantments as well - dancing, brilliant energy and keen weapons are always useful.