PDA

View Full Version : Mask of Madness

Kizara
2008-05-01, 10:55 PM
When activated, this mask grants you the following benefits:

[I]Haste, expeditious retreat and for every 8 damage you deal in melee combat you gain 1 temporary HP.

However, you also take 1 additional damage for every 5 damage you take.

This effect lasts 10 rounds, and is usable 4 times a day; although no more then once per hour.

Cost: ??? Spells: Haste, expeditious retreat, vampiric touch.

Thoughts? Cost estimation?

evisiron
2008-05-02, 12:34 AM
Ah, a mask of Madness too. Just wondering, this is a build for Defense of the Ancients, right?

If so, it seems to cover the stuff pretty well. Nice job.

(Just be careful about not using direct stat lifts for things like the Butterfly Blades...:smallwink:)

Kizara
2008-05-02, 02:25 AM
Ah, a mask of Madness too. Just wondering, this is a build for Defense of the Ancients, right?

If so, it seems to cover the stuff pretty well. Nice job.

(Just be careful about not using direct stat lifts for things like the Butterfly Blades...:smallwink:)

Of course not! I just randomly made an item called the same thing and gave the exact abilities of increased movespeed, attack speed and 17% lifesteal.

As for the Butterfly, sure, give me a moment.

Artemician
2008-05-02, 09:53 AM
There are actually spells that already grant the user the ability to lifesteal in d20 (Vampiric Blade comes to mind). Perhaps you could consider those in mind when you make up the price?

Kizara
2008-05-03, 03:24 PM
There are actually spells that already grant the user the ability to lifesteal in d20 (Vampiric Blade comes to mind). Perhaps you could consider those in mind when you make up the price?

I searched the spell database for "Vampiric Blade" and nothing came up. Where is it found?

Currently, I feel that Vampiric Touch is the closest spell that has a lifesteal effect similiar to what the item grants, thus using it as the pre-req spell. As for price, I'm thinking 10,000 right now. It's a good item, but has a fairly potent drawback.

Armads
2008-05-06, 06:26 AM
It's actually a power from XPH, but it's horrendously weak.