PDA

View Full Version : 4E OotS will not happen - stop the flood of threads

Greg
2008-05-02, 08:06 PM
Yeah, it won't happen any time soon.

Reasons why not (to name but a few):
-No bards (bye bye to Elan)
-No sorcerers (bye bye Xykon and Nale)
-Lich rules changed (would mess up things around Xykon)
-No half-orcs (no Thog, no Therkla)
-No barbarians (Belkar)

So 2 members of the Order, as well as the primary and secondary villains would be incompatible with 4E.

It would interrupt the story too.

Can this be stickied please? :smallbiggrin: The 4E thread every other day thing we've got going on isn't very good.

The Extinguisher
2008-05-02, 08:09 PM
This just in: We don't know anything that will happen in the comic until it happens. So you're no more right than anyone else.

Also, complaining about a topic is still posting about the topic.

FujinAkari
2008-05-02, 08:10 PM
Its funny because no one had posted a thread in like two weeks!

*cuts out Greg's left kidney*

Corrupted One
2008-05-02, 08:10 PM
If the world were destroyed, havoc wreaked upon it to an extent that the difference between the world and an uninhabitable burned out husk is inconsequential, or something along the lines of that, Rich could use 4e as a D&D themed way of rebuilding things.

Saint Nil
2008-05-02, 08:15 PM
I won't harvest your organs ONLY because your telling all the newbs that it won't happen preventing anymore 4e OOTS threads.

Shame though, next time I was gaoing to take the nerve system.

FujinAkari
2008-05-02, 08:19 PM
I won't harvest your organs ONLY because your telling all the newbs that it won't happen preventing anymore 4e OOTS threads.

I would normally do this too, except that the thread was totally unnecessary. The most recent thread was posted like 20 days ago...

The Extinguisher
2008-05-02, 08:21 PM

*Laughs* Oh wait, you were serious... Let me laugh even harder. *LAUGHS*

TigerHunter
2008-05-02, 08:32 PM
I believe the right kidney is still available. *cuts out and sells on the black market*

Also, eyeballs. *grabs rusty spoon*

I love this forum.

MartinHarper
2008-05-02, 08:55 PM
-No barbarians (Belkar)

Reasons why:
-Elan becomes a cleric of banjo, stays in 3.5e, uses a homebrew bard class, or dies.
-4th edition NPCs don't even need to have PC classes.
-No reason for new lich rules to mess things up. Auras will probably be suppressible.
-Half-orcs will probably be in the Monster Manual.
-Belkar can be a Halfling Ranger and have his barbarian membership as flavour (cf: Miko being a Samurai).

Any other reasons?

MeTheGameGuy
2008-05-02, 08:56 PM
I believe the right kidney is still available. *cuts out and sells on the black market*

Also, eyeballs. *grabs rusty spoon*

I love this forum.

Awww. I wanted an eyeball. I'll just go with the pancreas, thanks.

David Argall
2008-05-02, 08:57 PM
This thread will not prevent 4e threads because those reading it will not be the pixies who start 4e threads.

I might take the brain, but first I'd have to find it.

The Extinguisher
2008-05-02, 09:55 PM
Can have the the blood vessels?

Tubing is hard to find.

Ghastly Epigram
2008-05-02, 09:58 PM
I might take the brain, but first I'd have to find it.

Zing! :smallamused:

I get far more annoyed by threads like these than the threads they condemn personally.

Oh, organ harvesting is the correct procedure here, right? *Claws heart out with bare hands*

streakster
2008-05-02, 09:59 PM
I'm going for the metatarsals, unless someone else wants 'em.

TheMuffinThief
2008-05-02, 10:02 PM
Point is, you still made a 4E topic.

*harvests appendix*

TARINunit9
2008-05-02, 11:05 PM
Hey OP! I'll get your organs back for 50 bucks.

Seriosly guys, WHY ARE YOU HARRASING HIM LIKE THIS?!?!

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-05-02, 11:25 PM
He deserves it, that's why.

Also, *steals soul*

Falconer
2008-05-02, 11:32 PM
Because I simply can't miss a good harvesting...

*steals left hand*

Wait a second, is there any chance the OP is a hanged murderer? Huge cookie of awesomeness if you get the reference...

Querzis
2008-05-02, 11:33 PM

I dont think he deserve it but its fun either way. Beside, I'm a bastard, I dont actually need a reason to harvest the organs of someone:smallwink:

And I take his hearth :smallbiggrin:...and by the way, we really need an :evil laugh: smilies. I would use it in all my post instead of that :smallbiggrin:.

Jayngfet
2008-05-02, 11:33 PM
Reasons why:
-Elan becomes a cleric of banjo, stays in 3.5e, uses a homebrew bard class, or dies.
-4th edition NPCs don't even need to have PC classes.
-No reason for new lich rules to mess things up. Auras will probably be suppressible.
-Half-orcs will probably be in the Monster Manual.
-Belkar can be a Halfling Ranger and have his barbarian membership as flavour (cf: Miko being a Samurai).

Any other reasons?

look another one!

*Takes the first ones skeletal system*

great, now I have an extra spine, I'll trade someone for eyes...

*takes the seconds heart, lungs, and kidneys*

streakster
2008-05-02, 11:35 PM

Because its funny and threads like this sicken me. It's been done. To death. To undeath. To death again. By George, if they annoy us, we will annoy back!

BooTheHamster
2008-05-02, 11:53 PM
Dibs on the liver. Anyone up for a snowball style organ fight?

Jayngfet
2008-05-03, 12:08 AM
Dibs on the liver. Anyone up for a snowball style organ fight?

am I allowed to use gregs spine as a whip with a -4 penalty?

chiasaur11
2008-05-03, 12:08 AM
Whatever's left. I'm not picky.

Mordokai
2008-05-03, 02:05 AM
Well damn, you guys picked him almost clean :smalleek:

I'll take... his lungs. I believe those haven't been called yet. Trade you for a good, healthy pair of eyeballs.

Tempest Fennac
2008-05-03, 02:20 AM
In regards to TARINunit9's question, I think this started as a way of punishing newbies who made threads along the lines of "Hi, I'm new here" as opposed to posting in the "Welcome new members" thread. From what I can gather, this tradition spread from Friendly Banter to here due to the large number of people making threads such as "I know V's sex", "Will OotS update to 4th Edition", and other threads which contained things which were already being discussed in existing threads.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-05-03, 02:44 AM
*steals left hand*

Wait a second, is there any chance the OP is a hanged murderer? Huge cookie of awesomeness if you get the reference...

I get it :smallsmile:

Bayar
2008-05-03, 04:53 AM
Not to mention that there wont be druids (no more Leeky ?)

DemonicAngel
2008-05-03, 05:25 AM
I'll take the skull, as none wants it... together with the jaw bone.

yeah, we don't like reoccurring topics, especially for the freaking 500 time.

Emperor Ing
2008-05-03, 05:28 AM
I'll take the skull, as none wants it... together with the jaw bone.

Dang. :smallfrown:

I'll take the heart and soul then. *devour soul*

Haleyintraining
2008-05-03, 06:00 AM
*steals left hand*
Is a hand even an organ?...

Anyway, changing to 4E might be good for the very last comic, it started by changing to 3.5E after all. Although, Elan can't die, because he asked the oracle if he would get a happy ending, and the oracle said yes.

factotum
2008-05-03, 07:27 AM
There's no reason to assume that Elan has to still be alive to have a happy ending, given that we know for certain that there is an afterlife in the OotS world.

Gamerlord
2008-05-03, 07:35 AM
Yeah, it won't happen any time soon.

-No barbarians (Belkar)

So 2 members of the Order, as well as the primary and secondary villains would be incompatible with 4E.

It would interrupt the story too.

Can this be stickied please? :smallbiggrin: The 4E thread every other day thing we've got going on isn't very good.
My name is Gamerkid and i support this thread

this message was approved by the G.A.4.E (Gamerkids against 4th edition)

Beholder1995
2008-05-03, 07:35 AM
I've seen like three organs (lungs and soul, notably) harvested twice by different people. If your going to rip someone's guts from their living body, make sure no one's taken it already!

Bleh.... what's left? I guess I'm stuck with either Bladder or Intestines. I'll take both. Anyone up for football?

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-03, 08:44 AM
Ummm....shoulderblades please

Koga
2008-05-03, 08:47 AM
Actually all those classes would exist in future supplements.

But OoTS won't go 4th mostly because 4th sucks. There, I said it. :smallyuk:

blackout
2008-05-03, 08:49 AM
But OoTS won't go 4th mostly because 4th sucks. There, I said it. :smallyuk:

Agreed. You took the words right out of my mouth.

OverWilliam
2008-05-03, 09:00 AM
Is the Appendix considered part of the intestines or is it separate? :smallwink:

Beholder1995
2008-05-03, 10:13 AM
I don't know, but you can have it. :smallbiggrin:

Quorothorn
2008-05-03, 11:40 AM
quorothorn want larynx

therefore, quorothorn crush OP-man's decimated corpse and rip it out!

P.S. I suppose the name "Quorothorn" does not fit a half-orc or orc particularly well, does it?

OverWilliam
2008-05-03, 11:46 AM
Too many sy... syll... syllibilez? :smallconfused: :smallwink:

Sir_Dr_D
2008-05-03, 12:37 PM
To say that 4E OotS will not happen is a strong statement to make. And it is one that only Rich can answer. There are many reasons why 4E could be incoporated into the oots just fine.

1) The roles of all the character classes will stay the same. Fighters will still be meat shields, the basic paladin will still be lawfull good and smite evil, clerics will still follow deities and have a mixture of healing, protecting, and fighting powers, bards (when they are completed) will still sing songs and inspire competence. In summary, for the most part 4E will effect the rules jokes only. It will have little impact on the main story.

2) The facts about sorcerors , bards, and druids not being part of 4E is not true. Basic plans for these classes have been devised, and they will fit just fine into the 4E world. Do to time constraints, formal rules just have been made for the classes yet. From a story level it will not effect anything. Which means Xykon can stay a sorceror without effecting the story. There just won't be jokes about specifics for his class. There could be a running joke about Elan staying 3rd edition. Again since bards roles won't change this won't effect the story.

3) In order for OOTs to stay funny, it needs to keep current. Making 3.5 edition jokes will start to get stale if most people are trying to learn 4th edition, where the issues have been fixed. Having the Oots characters learn (and be confused by) 4E rules at the same time as the player community is learning could add a new flavour of humour.

Rich so far has been very good at making rules jokes without effecting the story. I have complete faith that he would be able to do so with 4E rules. Whether oots formally converts or not, the characters could become aware of 4E existense, and face 4Emonsters. They could slowly get 4E abilities over time. There is a number of ways it could get handled. Rich would be able to pull it off. None of us can say whether it will, or will not happen.

TARINunit9
2008-05-03, 02:32 PM
Geez guys! You're bruttal!! I seriosly don't think Greg deserves this!

And anyone trying to harvest MY organs: Litterally impossible! I'm an epic level robot with:
*An initiative bonus of "automatic first to attack" (except in the surprise round, where the assialent and I roll initiative like ussual)
*will save of infinity
*reflex and fortitude saves in the hundreds
*spot checks so good I can trace a bullet before it's even fired
*listen checks that give me echolocation
*automatic weapon proficiancy after 3 attacks
*most importantly, NO ORGANS!!!

In other news, I already have 13 organs back! I'll have to charge you extra, Greg, for all the ammo I'm using up.

EDIT: Okay, I'm exagerating the saving throw bonuses, but they're pretty high!! Even for my level! Also, 15 organs back.

Querzis
2008-05-03, 02:39 PM
Dang. :smallfrown:

I'll take the heart and soul then. *devour soul*

I already got the heart and stoopidtallkid got the soul. You cant take things that arent there anymore.

...and If you try to steal his heart from me I'll start harvesting your organs:smallbiggrin: (yeah we really need an :evil laugh: smilies.)

MartinHarper
2008-05-04, 08:55 AM
look another one!

Ahh, but I didn't start the thread, so no harvesting. :)

Beholder1995
2008-05-04, 09:07 AM
Geez guys! You're bruttal!! I seriosly don't think Greg deserves this!

And anyone trying to harvest MY organs: Litterally impossible! I'm an epic level robot with:
*An initiative bonus of "automatic first to attack" (except in the surprise round, where the assialent and I roll initiative like ussual)
*will save of infinity
*reflex and fortitude saves in the hundreds
*spot checks so good I can trace a bullet before it's even fired
*listen checks that give me echolocation
*automatic weapon proficiancy after 3 attacks
*most importantly, NO ORGANS!!!

The Harvest is not limited to flesh-and-bone organs. If I wanted to, I could harvest your mohawk, and it would technically still be an "Organ" harvest. But I already have a thread for that. ("Organ Harvesting Rules" check it out.)

As for 4E, I agree that it won't happen. It would just be to much hassle for too little humor.

Caractacus
2008-05-04, 04:45 PM
[QUOTE=Querzis;4276202]And I take his hearth :smallbiggrin:...

You take his hearth?

Then I take his home! :smalltongue:

Studoku
2008-05-04, 05:37 PM
I harvest Greg's beard.

Tass
2008-05-05, 02:27 AM
I'll have 300 square centimeters of skin then.

Athaniar
2008-05-05, 02:34 AM
-No barbarians (Belkar)

There are going to be bards, sorcerers, half-orcs, AND barbarians, just not in core. At least Races & Classes said so. Also, can I have his animus?

Forum Staff
2008-05-05, 05:44 AM