PDA

View Full Version : Organ Harvesting Rules

Beholder1995
2008-05-03, 11:20 AM
Since the harvesting of unwitting newbies' organs has become so popular, I've decided to compile the assumed rules for Organ Harvesting.

I. Harvest only the organs of the unoriginal and annoyingly overdone. In general, this means those 4E threads that are constantly spawning and most theories about the OOTs characters.

II. You can harvest pretty much any body part, Organ or not. This includes bones, and even stranger things such as nerves or blood, or even abstract concepts such as their soul or personality.

III. Don't claim a whole body system that encompases several Organs/parts. I.E. "I claim the skeleton" isn't okay. Leave some bones for people who couldn't get an organ. (The Brain is a special case, as some people try to claim certain lobes, and others claim the whole thing. It mostly depends on who gets there first. Though usually the OP does not have one available for Harvesting.)

IV. Don't make an ongoing claim I.E. "I claim all spleens from here on in." People WILL ignore it, so don't even bother.

V. Don't claim an organ that has already been claimed. Read the thread first.

VI. And lastly, leave organs for other people. This means no harvesting six organs at once. Limit yourself to one or two. This also ties in with III.

VII. Harvest organs based on the Avatar. While most avatars share a human's anatomy, don't try taking the fingers from a Beholder, or the heart from a lich.

VIII. In the event a poster does not HAVE an avatar, harvest their rank instead. For example, if you're harvesting the Organs of a Pixie in the Playground, it is appropriate to claim their wings. Most other "itp"s are humanoidish, so work with that.

IX. An Organ Harvest is not limited to body parts. When ripping apart a hapless newbie, you are allowed to take any items/garments the avatar is seen holding. (I.E. "I call his staff!")

X. NO ONE IS SAFE FROM THE HARVEST! So don't even try those "Protection from Harvesting" spells.

XI. Yes, you CAN harvest your own organs, though you generally shouldn't do it unless other people are indulging in the harvest. In this case it's a sort of Hari-Kari and you're basically denying them their spleens, lungs, kidneys, etc.

There! If you think that should be changed or this is a stupid, irrelevant thread, let me know! I WANT OPINIONS!

FujinAkari
2008-05-03, 11:24 AM
VII: Pay attention to the avatar. Don't try and harvest the fingers from a Beholder, for example.

Beholder1995
2008-05-03, 11:30 AM
I like that. It's up there now.

Kato
2008-05-03, 11:42 AM
Can we harvest scalps?

Nah, earnest, any body parts to be spared such as brains, boobs, butts etc? (ok, why would anyone want a butt... but the others maybe)

Beholder1995
2008-05-03, 11:52 AM
Nah, you can harvest anything, including garments/worn items, though in that case it probably isn't organ harvesting, so I won't put it on the list.

SlightlyEvil
2008-05-03, 12:05 PM
I don't know whether to find it amusing or depressing that we have rules for this sort of thing. (Answer: both.) Also, should we subdivide certain organs? For instance, is it fair to take the whole brain, or should we allow different people to get, for instance, the cerebellum and the hippocampus. I ask primarily because the various parts of the brain are some of the most fun to say anatomical terms.

Beholder1995
2008-05-03, 12:09 PM
I guess it would honestly depend on who got there first. If someone claimed *brain* before anyone could claim *cerebellum*, then I guess subdividing the brain is out of the question. Although, I might just make a new rule for it.... Edit::: See number III.

I'm a halfling in the playground now! I'm so happy!:smallbiggrin:

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-03, 12:12 PM
Can we harvest the organs of those who acknowledge a raise in their rank?

Beholder1995
2008-05-03, 12:13 PM
Aha. Aha ha ha ha ha. :smallannoyed:

Pronounceable
2008-05-03, 12:18 PM
Now that I've changed back to my beloved avatar, I wonder what can be harvested from me?

Kurald Galain
2008-05-03, 12:36 PM
Now that I've changed back to my beloved avatar, I wonder what can be harvested from me?

The halo...

Emperor Demonking
2008-05-03, 01:51 PM
What about me?

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-03, 02:25 PM
Since we know you're a human, despite your lack of avatar, we can still harvest your organs.

Beholder1995
2008-05-03, 02:26 PM
VIII. In the event a poster does not HAVE an avatar, assume them to be a human and claim the poster's own organs. NO ONE is free from the harvest.

DementedFellow
2008-05-03, 02:34 PM
IX. How about actually adding to the discussion rather than acting snarky and holier-than-thou to those who are new here?

This will benefit in many ways. It will cut down on spam. It will also be more beneficial to the newbies to point them to a thread that already addresses their post or if you show them the benefits of the search feature. Posting a organ harvesting thing is counter-intuitive to a discussion. It just screams "LURK MORE!" A little civility goes a long way.

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-03, 02:41 PM
IX. How about actually adding to the discussion rather than acting snarky and holier-than-thou to those who are new here?

This will benefit in many ways. It will cut down on spam. It will also be more beneficial to the newbies to point them to a thread that already addresses their post or if you show them the benefits of the search feature. Posting a organ harvesting thing is counter-intuitive to a discussion. It just screams "LURK MORE!" A little civility goes a long way.

But we don't want to contribute to a discussion we've already had. The discussion already exists. Pointing them to the correct thread is something that should happen.

Beholder1995
2008-05-03, 02:45 PM
Yeah... and it's fun!

And it's not like the newbies get scared off... pretty much the same thing happened to me my first post (it was a Haley/Human thread) and I was far better off (and far wiser) after I was snapped at. And then they actually SNAPPED at me. It wasn't the fun-and-games *takes spleen* that it is currently.

lord of kobolds
2008-05-03, 05:28 PM

Then where do you suggest i get my spllens frm???
I need my Kobold Munchies

TFT
2008-05-03, 05:32 PM
How about taking items from someone I.E. My staff, etc. etc.

Beholder1995
2008-05-03, 05:54 PM
Yeah, go ahead. Take anything when ripping a poor newbie apart. If they have an item of value, why not? Again, though, it probably wouldn't count as "Organ Harvesting", which is really meant to encompass body parts. But since I've seen two posts like that, I might as well put a new rule up.

Axl_Rose
2008-05-03, 05:54 PM
II. You can harvest pretty much any body part, Organ or not. This includes bones, and even stranger things such as nervous system.

III. Don't claim a whole body system that encompases several Organs/parts.

The nervous system is an organ system; it comprises multiple organs...

Beholder1995
2008-05-03, 06:01 PM
I guess that makes sense... but what organs does the nervous system encompass?

Also- see number VIII. I changed it. Comments?

NikkTheTrick
2008-05-03, 06:13 PM
I guess that makes sense... but what organs does the nervous system encompass?
Brain, Spinal Cord, a whole load of nerves all over the body...

I'd say spinal cord and brain alone qualify to make the whole nervous system "too much to take".

Also- see number VIII. I changed it. Comments?
Fully agree.

Also, we should not only limit to organs or even just material parts. Such things like sanity and soul are perfectly acceptable commodities.

And what shall we do with things that are not individual items. Blood, skin and meat for example. Should we limit blood taken by a single person by, say 50% of what the donor has? Same for skin - 50% of one's area. Meat we can measure in kilograms.

Beholder1995
2008-05-03, 06:32 PM
Hmmm.... I guess you have a point....

I guess for the Nervous system I was just thinking the nerves themselves. I'll change that. Also.... I guess you can just claim the blood. After all, it's not like anyone's going to go "want to go halvsies on the blood?". Actually, someone probably WILL say something like that. I'll change that, too. Also, all throw something in about abstract things. (Soul, etc.

Beholder1995
2008-05-03, 07:22 PM
Also- I added a tenth rule. Most people should read it.

Scatman
2008-05-03, 07:25 PM
V. Don't claim an organ that has already been claimed. Read the thread first.

Or just don't emote a few letters that are quite pointlesslol.

Jayngfet
2008-05-03, 09:54 PM
Can they go marvel zombies and harvest their own organs?

Timberboar
2008-05-03, 10:04 PM
Don't we already HAVE an organ harvesting thread on the front page?

Sure, this one takes the conversation in a new direction, but so what? That's never stopped you guys before.

I demand a harvest!

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-04, 01:16 AM
OMIGOD guys
Scroll to the third to last entry. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WMG/OrderOfTheStick)

Who put that there?! :smalltongue:

Kato
2008-05-04, 02:36 AM
Omfg... we're infecting other sites.. it's like a organ harvesting virus going all over the world!

But I think we need to talk about the organ system thingie...
Most things we claim is a system of orgens as the brain... e.g. eyes or ears are made of a damn lot of single organs... same rule as brain is it?
Also. shall we claim certain muscles or can we claim all the non-essential muscles(heart/tongue/esophagus...)?

Paragon Badger
2008-05-04, 03:28 AM
Can I have your elitism? :smalltongue:

Jayngfet
2008-05-04, 03:33 AM
Omfg... we're infecting other sites.. it's like a organ harvesting virus going all over the world!

But I think we need to talk about the organ system thingie...
Most things we claim is a system of orgens as the brain... e.g. eyes or ears are made of a damn lot of single organs... same rule as brain is it?
Also. shall we claim certain muscles or can we claim all the non-essential muscles(heart/tongue/esophagus...)?

individual muscles, I did take out a guys tongue once(Idiot thought protection from organ harvest worked on muscles)

Caractacus
2008-05-04, 04:27 AM
Wonderful! I now have clear rules for my organ harvesting pleasure...:smallcool:

...but then again I also lost about an hour of my life following various links through the tropeverse... :smalltongue:

*sharpens tools*
*borrows Gray's Anatomy' from the library*
*gets old copies of Monster Manual, MM II and Fiend Folio out for the trickier monsters*

Beholder1995
2008-05-04, 07:32 AM
Goodness. You sleep for 11 hours and when you wake up, there's 9+ replies! About the whole muscle thing, yeah, you sort of have to claim individual muscles, 'cause if you just *claimed muscles* you'd be taking, like, 40% of the body, or something. (I think I hit a new record. 5 commas in a sentance.)
Also, I suppose I'll add an eleventh rule that lets you harvest your own organs, given that it's possible. LASTLY, this thread is NOT up for Harvesting, as the other Organ Harvesting thread is anti-Harvest, whereas this one celebrates and enhances it. So....there.

Beholder1995
2008-05-04, 09:24 AM
Grrrr..... given that SOME people are so against the Harvest *coughs Demented Fellow* maybe we should let people claim sanctuary, or something. Opinions? :smallsmile:

Emperor Demonking
2008-05-04, 09:35 AM
But isn't a "OOTS won't convert" thread as different from the other ones as this is different from the other organ thread?

Beholder1995
2008-05-04, 09:48 AM
I guess that's true, but what I meant was that if someone really doesn't want to be harvested, we could let them notify in some way.

Forum Explorer
2008-05-04, 10:07 AM
A new rule, someone can claim sanctuary in their sig.

And how do you spell that? :smallmad:

EDIT: never mind

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2008-05-04, 06:47 PM
I'd like to propose a new rule: If the poster has no avatar, you may instead harvest the letters of his or her username.

Lycan 01
2008-05-04, 07:06 PM
Wow. I join the site, and this is the 3rd thread I read. Wonderful...

You guy's sure know how to make a guy feel welcomed! :smalltongue: And please don't tear off my wings. I'm not proud to be a pixy, but still... They're better than nothing!

Beholder1995
2008-05-04, 07:23 PM
Welcome aboard, Lycan! Be warned, though. You'll find stranger threads than this in this forum. :smallwink:

Beholder1995
2008-05-04, 07:25 PM
;4282933']I'd like to propose a new rule: If the poster has no avatar, you may instead harvest the letters of his or her username.

Erm.... probably not, considering that we already have a rule outlined for that, and it could also aply to people WITH avatars.

Lycan 01
2008-05-04, 07:27 PM
*cowers in fear*

You... you aren't going to harvest me? But... my organs... they're so... harvestable!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I was kinda scared that you guys actually didn't like newbies, and my first few days/weeks on this site were going to be miserable. But instead, it turns out you guys are nice. Yay! :smallsmile:

Beholder1995
2008-05-04, 07:34 PM
Erm.... uh-oh. If you read the "Organ Harvesting" thread, you'll understand why that statement of yours just made some of my arguments in that thread pretty shaky. :smallsmile: I can't WAIT to see what DementedFellow says about THAT. Heh....

And no, we try not to be mean to newcomers. (That is, unless they REALLY tick us off, in which case we crush them beneath our heels. Joking. Joking!) Actually, I only started posting about 3 weeks ago. You'll be a Halfling in the Playground in no time!

lord of kobolds
2008-05-04, 08:24 PM
Yeah, I joined about the same time as beholder, and i'm a halfling, despite spending most of my time on the smbg's.
also, we don't harvest based on rank, only threads posted.
so if you post a 4e thread, your spleen is mine.

NikkTheTrick
2008-05-04, 09:27 PM
*cowers in fear*

You... you aren't going to harvest me? But... my organs... they're so... harvestable!
We do not harvest newbies for being newbies. A veteran will get harvested just as well as long as he makes threads we are sick and tired of. As long as you actually red what threads we have around and do not start 1 million and first thread about conversion to fourth edition, you are totally safe*.

* Well, I might still harvest your organs when you sleep, but that is just buisness and has nothing to do with you being or not being on this forum :smallamused:

Welcome aboard, Lycan! Be warned, though. You'll find stranger threads than this in this forum. :smallwink:
Like the one in my sig for example.

Be warned though that it WILL take your soul and sanity :smallbiggrin:

Lycan 01
2008-05-04, 09:37 PM
I'm afraid to visit that thread. For the sake of my soul and my organs, I shall avoid it. No, I shall not just avoid it; I shall shun it. I shall shun it like the Plague!

Myshlaevsky
2008-05-04, 09:53 PM
The real question, though, is will you still shun it when we convert to 4e?

Harvest away, folks.:smallbiggrin:

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-04, 09:55 PM
I just did, for the first time. I liked that piece of brain that just escaped. At least I managed to keep the rest from crawling out of my ear.

MartinHarper
2008-05-04, 11:32 PM
Rule I think would be good: before the first organ is harvested, someone must provide a link to another thread, discussing the same topic, that is on the first two pages, and is not closed.

Also, what are the consequences of violating the harvesting rules?

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-04, 11:39 PM
Also, what are the consequences of violating the harvesting rules?

Obviously, your organs will be harvested. :smallwink:

NikkTheTrick
2008-05-04, 11:47 PM
\Harvest away, folks.:smallbiggrin:
*sniff* *sniff*

No, thanks.

I'm afraid to visit that thread. For the sake of my soul and my organs, I shall avoid it. No, I shall not just avoid it; I shall shun it. I shall shun it like the Plague!
And always remember what thread to shun and where it is located.

Forum Staff
2008-05-05, 05:03 AM