PDA

View Full Version : All in one place

Haleyintraining
2008-05-03, 12:08 PM
This thread is for all of the crazy theories about Monster-san, V's gender, Therkla's identity, and so on. So, now instead of having dozens of threads just on 4E or who Monster-san might be, it can all be in one place.

Quorothorn
2008-05-03, 12:13 PM
Therkla is Sabine's daughter!

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-03, 12:15 PM
Actually, this is like the fifth I've seen of these too. Nice thought, but never works. Everyone thinks their idea is important enough for a thread. In a compilation like this, no one will take them seriously.

Beholder1995
2008-05-03, 12:16 PM
This is.... a surprisingly good idea.... although I'm not sure if those Therkla posts belong ANYwhere.

Quorothorn
2008-05-03, 12:16 PM
Actually, this is like the fifth I've seen of these too. Nice thought, but never works. Everyone thinks their idea is important enough for a thread. In a compilation like this, no one will take them seriously.

For example (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4277783&postcount=2).

Also, V's cage if O-chul's holy Paladin mount.

ShellBullet
2008-05-03, 12:34 PM
You know, I have been thinking...
Maybe it's job for older forum members to think something new to discuss in these forums like character analyzes.

streakster
2008-05-03, 01:06 PM
You know, I have been thinking...
Maybe it's a job for the older forum members to think of something new to discuss in these forums like character analyses.

How about grammar?:smalltongue:

Haleyintraining
2008-05-04, 08:14 AM
Some things this thread can include:

Monster-san's species
Therkla's Identity
Anything about 4E
Belkar's Alignment
Sabine: Devil or Demon
V's Ultimate Arcane Power
V's Gender
The Return of Miko
Belkar is going to kill ___ (or Belkar will be killed by ___)
Character _ is actually character _
Anything else that is interesting and/or funny, but not worth a thread.

If anyone has any other things that can go in here, just post them and I'll add it to the list.

Emperor Demonking
2008-05-04, 08:29 AM
The monster and Therkla are both gnomes. They will then become monsters just as Sabine will become a devil. The two gnomes and devil will team up to find out that V is a man. Then Belkar will find out and V and Belkar will fight to the death and in the process will reveal Terkla as the nameless gnome.

Beholder1995
2008-05-04, 08:57 AM
The monster and Therkla are both gnomes. They will then become monsters just as Sabine will become a devil. The two gnomes and devil will team up to find out that V is a man. Then Belkar will find out and V and Belkar will fight to the death and in the process will reveal Terkla as the nameless gnome.

What's your basis for that?

Emperor Demonking
2008-05-04, 09:31 AM
Well you see. In SoD the hunters recognised but didn't expect the MITD, just like we recognize but don't expect gnomes, plus. I don't need no reason.

lord of kobolds
2008-05-05, 01:47 AM
I'm sorry but Mitd is clearly
a duck!

Haleyintraining
2008-05-05, 06:07 AM
a duck!

Yes, but a duck probably couldn't hold an umbrella.:smallamused:

Edmundog
2008-05-05, 06:56 AM
Sorry, I'm confused. Is there still debate as to Therkla's identity? Now that we, you know, know who she is and all that?

Kato
2008-05-05, 11:52 AM
Okay, I'll ask something about B.
Miko's dead. Windstriker's gone as well. Roy's dead. So, will he kill V? Or is his 'aid' in killing Roy the prophecies fulfilling?

Timberboar
2008-05-05, 02:05 PM
How about grammar?:smalltongue:

What's an article (or preposition) or two between friends?

Haleyintraining
2008-05-05, 02:21 PM
Okay, I'll ask something about B.
Miko's dead. Windstriker's gone as well. Roy's dead. So, will he kill V? Or is his 'aid' in killing Roy the prophecies fulfilling?

I don't think Roy's death helps, Belkar didn't really kill him... if it counted as a kill, wouldn't his mark of justice kick in? Anyway, I doubt it is V, s/he is too smart to fall for one of Belkar's traps. But I think it would probably be the oracle... Belkar was very jealous that Roy got to dangle the oracle out the window and not him... although on the other hand Belkar doesn't remember anything but the answer to his question.

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-05, 03:56 PM
They won't go back to the oracle, so Belkar's not going to get another chance. The prophesy applies to Roy's death, since Belkar asked about "causing the death of" (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0331.html) not "killing".

ShellBullet
2008-05-05, 04:08 PM
How about grammar?

:smalleek: That is for everyone...By the way, did we mentioned "belkar is chaotic neutral" arguments?

Kish
2008-05-05, 04:23 PM
I don't think Roy's death helps, Belkar didn't really kill him... if it counted as a kill, wouldn't his mark of justice kick in?
One is a prophecy which states Belkar will "cause the death of" at least one of the people on the list he gave, given by an oracle who was capable of the level of abstraction that went into Vaarsuvius and Haley's prophecies. The other is a strictly mechanistic, "cannot personally deal the D&D damage type known as nonlethal damage to a living creature within the bounds of a city." There is no comparison.

Haleyintraining
2008-05-05, 04:32 PM
They won't go back to the oracle, so Belkar's not going to get another chance. The prophesy applies to Roy's death, since Belkar asked about "causing the death of" (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0331.html) not "killing".
How come they won't go back? There's a chance. And how did Belkar cause Roy to die? He didn't yell and distract him or anything...

By the way, did we mentioned "belkar is chaotic neutral" arguments?
It's been added to the list.

Saint Nil
2008-05-05, 04:32 PM
a duck!

It all makes sense now!!!!

Vaarsuvius is a woman, because Vaarsuvius is a witch.
V's a witch because she weighs as much as the MitD, who is a duck. To disguise this fact, she uses fireballs so no one knows she burns.

Now if we could only build a bridge out of her to make sure.

Hooray for Monty Pythhon!

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-05, 04:41 PM
How come they won't go back? There's a chance. And how did Belkar cause Roy to die? He didn't yell and distract him or anything...

It's been added to the list.

I don't see any reason for them to return. And the theory is Belkar indirectly caused Roy's death by offering him the ring of jumping so he could leap onto Xykon's dragon's back.

Remirach
2008-05-05, 04:45 PM

He gave Roy the ring of jumping, which allowed him to leap onto Xykon's dragon. There are people who don't think it's sufficient reason to say Belkar's influence caused Roy's death, but for me the really damning evidence is that Belkar refers to the bet he made with the grand larceny guy as a matter of Roy's life and death -- BEFORE ROY HAD EVEN DIED. Which means that he gave Roy the ring with the specific intention of having Roy die as a result.

NikkTheTrick
2008-05-05, 05:01 PM
He gave Roy the ring of jumping, which allowed him to leap onto Xykon's dragon. There are people who don't think it's sufficient reason to say Belkar's influence caused Roy's death, but for me the really damning evidence is that Belkar refers to the bet he made with the grand larceny guy as a matter of Roy's life and death -- BEFORE ROY HAD EVEN DIED. Which means that he gave Roy the ring with the specific intention of having Roy die as a result.
I would not necessarially call that "intention". And they were talking about the jump being too stupid, not lethal.

That said, it looks like sufficient grounds for "causing death". If I was forced to answer "yes" or "no" to the "did Belkar cause Roy's death?" question, I would answer "yes".

Remirach
2008-05-05, 05:09 PM
I would not necessarially call that "intention". And they were talking about the jump being too stupid, not lethal.

I'm not talking about 429, (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0429.html) when GLG says he was sure Roy would be too smart to make the jump, I'm talking about 435, (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0435.html) when Belkar says angrily, "I bet on someone's life or death with you!" Even though Roy doesn't actually die until 443. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0443.html) Maybe killing Roy wasn't Belkar's exact intention as much as winning the bet was, but he certainly thought it was going to kill Roy and he was more than okay with that.

Haleyintraining
2008-05-06, 01:51 PM
Maybe killing Roy wasn't Belkar's exact intention as much as winning the bet was, but he certainly thought it was going to kill Roy and he was more than okay with that.
This is one of the many reasons I am completely awed that some people say :belkar:'s not evil.